New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

oops! used the soil pH meter wrong... I feel a little better now.

soil Moisture - 6.0
soil pH - 6.4
Ok that is better I deleted the other irrelevant response. Let's see what @Waira thinks of all of this. Steady as she goes for the moment.

Much of the shiny/glossy-ness seems to be on the leaf edges, which seems where the trichomes seem to be congregating.
I now have a bright LED light (natural Light) permanent in the tent for photographic purposes. I can now turn off the grow-lights and take pictures.

_MG_6179.JPG

_MG_6180.JPG

_MG_6181.JPG

_MG_6182.JPG

_MG_6184.JPG

The pictures reveal too much nitrogen. Those leaves are really dark dark green. I think you need to eliminate the Flora Grow and increase the Flora Bloom by the same amount. If that does not give us improvement in a week or so then perhaps back off on the Flora Micro also. It is going to be hard to tell because the plant will not be adding very much vegetation from now on as it shifts into full bloom mode.

The pictures reveal too much nitrogen. Those leaves are really dark dark green. I think you need to eliminate the Flora Grow and increase the Flora Bloom by the same amount. If that does not give us improvement in a week or so then perhaps back off on the Flora Micro also. It is going to be hard to tell because the plant will not be adding very much vegetation from now on as it shifts into full bloom mode.
I will skip wk 8 nutes (same as wk 7) and use wk 9, which eliminate grow nutes and perhaps increase bloom a tad.
Of note, however, the King's Kush CBD is almost the same color as this Blue Mystic, but with NO symptoms of leaf curl/cupping. Perhaps Wk 9 nutes for this lady as well?

Wk 8:
Micro - 4.875
Grow - 1.625ml/gal
Bloom - 8.125ml/gal

Wk 9:
Micro - 4.875
Grow - 0ml/gal
Bloom - 9.75ml/gal

Proposed nutes:
Micro - 4.25ml/gal
Grow - 0ml/gal
Bloom - 10.25ml/gal

Quality far outweighs quantity here. Between all the plants I will have more than enough.

Last edited:
I will skip wk 8 nutes (same as wk 7) and use wk 9, which eliminate grow nutes and perhaps increase bloom a tad.
Of note, however, the King's Kush CBD is almost the same color as this Blue Mystic, but with NO symptoms of leaf curl/cupping. Perhaps Wk 9 nutes for this lady as well?

Wk 8:
Micro - 4.875
Grow - 1.625ml/gal
Bloom - 8.125ml/gal

Wk 9:
Micro - 4.875
Grow - 0ml/gal
Bloom - 9.75ml/gal

Proposed nutes:
Micro - 4.25ml/gal
Grow - 0ml/gal
Bloom - 10.25ml/gal

Quality far outweighs quantity here. Between all the plants I will have more than enough.
I agree that it looks like it is on the edge also. I am surprised that you did not get any tip burn before these other symptoms; I usually do!

Now that I've dumped 2.5 gal wk 7 nutes out (onto my blueberry bush outside) and whipped up a batch of an altered wk 9 nutes for The King's Kush CBD, I am noticing now some interesting developments.

While scanning around some leaves and buds of both the Blue Mystic and King's Kush Auto I notices that there are a fair amount of trichomes opaque, or turning opaque. The main cola of the King's Kush CBD also seems to show some pistils that are tuning amber. I did not see any amber pistils on the Blue Mystic.

Unless otherwise directed by @Mañ'O'Green on an alternate nutrient schedule, I will go ahead with my plan:

King's Kush CBD 65% nuttes wk 9 (Micro - 4.2ml/gal(down .675ml) , Grow - 0(down 1.65ml wk8), Bloom - 10.0ml/gal(up .25ml fertigate to 10% to 20% at pH 5.7

Blue Mystic
Bm_01b.jpg

King's Kush CBD
Kku_Pistils.jpg

Now that I've dumped 2.5 gal wk 7 nutes out (onto my blueberry bush outside) and whipped up a batch of an altered wk 9 nutes for The King's Kush CBD, I am noticing now some interesting developments.

While scanning around some leaves and buds of both the Blue Mystic and King's Kush Auto I notices that there are a fair amount of trichomes opaque, or turning opaque. The main cola of the King's Kush CBD also seems to show some pistils that are tuning amber. I did not see any amber pistils on the Blue Mystic.

Unless otherwise directed by @Mañ'O'Green on an alternate nutrient schedule, I will go ahead with my plan:

King's Kush CBD 65% nuttes wk 9 (Micro - 4.2ml/gal(down .675ml) , Grow - 0(down 1.65ml wk8), Bloom - 10.0ml/gal(up .25ml fertigate to 10% to 20% at pH 5.7

Blue Mystic
View attachment 915957

King's Kush CBD
View attachment 915958
Great photos! You still have 2 or 3 weeks to go. I would bump the PH to 6.0. Calcium is better absorbed at a little bit higher PH and with LED lights cannabis uses more.

Great photos! You still have 2 or 3 weeks to go. I would bump the PH to 6.0. Calcium is better absorbed at a little bit higher PH and with LED lights cannabis uses more.

The reasoning behind the 5.7 pH was under an assumption that the soil pH of the Kung's Kush CBD may be 6.4 as was the Blue Mystic. I could measure it but the soil may be too dry for a reading. I will try...(to low, doesn't move the meter, moisture is at 1, will measure after 30 min after first stage of fertigation.

After 1 gal nutes + 1hour wait soil pH was reading @ 6.4 - 6.5.. So I defied your instructions and am using nute pH of 5.7.:dizzy:

Fertigated King's Kush CBD @ 65% Wk9 to 15% runoff (2.0 gal) - June 7

Micro - 4.2ml/gal(down .675ml)
Grow - 0(down 1.65ml wk8)
Bloom - 10.0ml/gal(up .25ml)
nute pH 5.7
soil pH the following day - 6.4

Last edited:
:toke:..... always, the bottom line is your in-pot pH, which is spot-on now,... adjusting your inputs to this as well will help keep it there, unless there's been a tendency for it to drift up,.... don't want it to go lower either, or P will start to lock out which will be a bad thing indeed at this stage and with the N tox'! ... N is taken up not matter what, there's no selection process there so cutting that out for now is wise, and force the plant to use it's own stores of it,... meantime, keep the PK ratios high! Too much N screws with budding, makes for poor bud:leaf ratio,.... unfortunately, you're stuck with Micro and it's high N content because if you cut that down, you're getting shorted on the micronutes,... of course, you can always buy a dedicated supplement for this, like Earth Juice Microblast,... demand is at it highest now, and most of those nute elements are immobile, so a steady low level supply is best,... This also has mainly sulfate based compounding, which is great since terp's need the S for productions,...

June 9
Fertigating Blue Cheese Wk 3 pH 5.8 nutes @ 70% to ~12% runoff (2.25 gal) Soil pH 1hr after - 6.4
Last done: June 2, Wk3 pH 6.0 nutes @ 60% to 10% - 12% runoff (1.75 gal)

This plant is looking good. The lower leaves are darkening but not nearly as dark as the Blue Mystic(with N tox). The upper leaves are lighter still. Over-all the plant is as tall as the canopy of the Blue Mystic. I have been training the main cola so that it stays close to even with the plants overall growth. When this baby stretches I'm sure It will tower over the two auto's. We will have to monitor this one more closely to see if we cant avoid the high N levels. This may mean not pushing the "Tip Burn" phenomena. So being at 70% nutes now and sticking to 70% an additional week might be helpful. My thoughts, anyway.

Back