New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Fertigated Blue Cheese (entire pot) Wk3 nutes @ 60% to 10% - 12% runoff (1.75 gal)

VPD for the two auto's is almost ideal for my temp range and stage of flowering, this without humidification now (just ambient humidity.) Aprox. 53% - 58%

Blue Mystic plant, leaf drop is noticeably worse. Seems to be mostly on the cola's, where buds are forming.
2018-05-02_Bm.jpg

2018-05-02_Bm_2.jpg

Last edited:
Fertigating Blue Mystic @ 65% Wk7 to ~12% runoff (2.5 gal)
Buds are filling in and there is a sweetness in the air as trichomes amass on both the Blue Mystic and King's Kush CBD.

Last edited:
Fertigated Blue Cheese (entire pot) Wk3 nutes @ 60% to 10% - 12% runoff (1.75 gal)

VPD for the two auto's is almost ideal for my temp range and stage of flowering, this without humidification now (just ambient humidity.) Aprox. 53% - 58%

Blue Mystic plant, leaf drop is noticeably worse. Seems to be mostly on the cola's, where buds are forming.
View attachment 914016
View attachment 914017
Sugar Leaves (no stem on the colas) curling is common and I do not consider it a problem. The stemmed "Sun Leaves" are the ones to watch. Later when the colas are plump you want to watch the sugar leaves for an indication of bud rot. It can happen rapidly. They turn yellow-grey and can be easily plucked off.

I like the black and white photos for looking at the shape of the leaves but need natural color to look for emerging problems.

Good pictures of early signs of bud rot are hard to find; probably because you are not thinking about pictures when this shit hits you.
ScreenHunter_129 Jun. 05 10.41.jpg

Just because I have ignored it in the past does not mean we should. Let's ask @Waira what he thinks about curly sugar leaves?

:toke: hey guys! .... CBD', the leaf drop, do you mean the sharp curling at the tip, so called tip clawing? That's almost always a sign of mild N toxicity... The margin rolling is probably a response to overly intense light, even if T/RH%/VPD are okay, I think the leaves roll like that to reduce the directness on the light blasting,... sugar leaves curling, laterally, or like tip claw, or canoe'ing/taco'ing? I do see some distortion on occasion with my outdoor plants during bloom, some of which is normal,....
Botrytis rot is a bitch! :cuss: My [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] problem outside if weather goes bad,... insidious stuff, the spores are everywhere, all the time, so plant are more or less pre-inoculated, the spores just wait for the right conditions to activate,... it travels through the vascular system, right into the buds/leaves, so only after it's invaded and consumed enough that it sets new spores! The tell-tale signs are exactly as MoG said! :thumbsup: -- The best analogy I can make is treat it like gangrene on flesh!
I have a pretty good protocol for dealing with it, but you need Optic Foliar's Transport and ATAK to take the war "inside", and not leave toxic craps/residues behind,... Transport is a carrier solution, it allows temporary penetration through the otherwise impermeable cuticle layer, and will take whatever is dissolved in it along for the ride; ATAK is Cu based, which is fine... the plant will eventually metabolize it like a foliar application of micronutrients,... I use it to spray the chopped out areas after clearing out the mold,... one key thing is to take whole budlets, not cutting into bud proper, this just opens up wounds that more mold can gain access into! Oh, and some good finer tip forceps and very fine tip iris or cuticle scissors... it's the small narrow, skinny blades that are perfect for slipping inbetween buds and snipping crap out without damaging a bunch of trich's, etc. while doing it,.. it is surgery as far as I'm concerned! :rofl:

:toke: hey guys! .... CBD', the leaf drop, do you mean the sharp curling at the tip, so called tip clawing? That's almost always a sign of mild N toxicity... The margin rolling is probably a response to overly intense light, even if T/RH%/VPD are okay, I think the leaves roll like that to reduce the directness on the light blasting,... sugar leaves curling, laterally, or like tip claw, or canoe'ing/taco'ing? I do see some distortion on occasion with my outdoor plants during bloom, some of which is normal,....
Botrytis rot is a bitch! :cuss: My [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] problem outside if weather goes bad,... insidious stuff, the spores are everywhere, all the time, so plant are more or less pre-inoculated, the spores just wait for the right conditions to activate,... it travels through the vascular system, right into the buds/leaves, so only after it's invaded and consumed enough that it sets new spores! The tell-tale signs are exactly as MoG said! :thumbsup: -- The best analogy I can make is treat it like gangrene on flesh!
I have a pretty good protocol for dealing with it, but you need Optic Foliar's Transport and ATAK to take the war "inside", and not leave toxic craps/residues behind,... Transport is a carrier solution, it allows temporary penetration through the otherwise impermeable cuticle layer, and will take whatever is dissolved in it along for the ride; ATAK is Cu based, which is fine... the plant will eventually metabolize it like a foliar application of micronutrients,... I use it to spray the chopped out areas after clearing out the mold,... one key thing is to take whole budlets, not cutting into bud proper, this just opens up wounds that more mold can gain access into! Oh, and some good finer tip forceps and very fine tip iris or cuticle scissors... it's the small narrow, skinny blades that are perfect for slipping inbetween buds and snipping crap out without damaging a bunch of trich's, etc. while doing it,.. it is surgery as far as I'm concerned! :rofl:
@Waira This is all good information but did you look up at the black and white pictures above? one is showing the sugar leaf curl in question. What is your opinion on that?

:crying: :baked: whaaaa?? I don't see in black and white, just color,.... :rofl: -- ooops!.... I was looking at the pics on the previous page on another tab! The mold, I was on a tear-- call it trauma :rofl:

... huh, weird,... well the fans are older than the sugar leaves, might still be N tox' because they are still growing some, and are smaller so the symptoms may show more strongly... but the black and white pics are not helping at all, I need to see if the green is deep,... Now I do see some bowing like this on my plants too, usually later in bloom though when they're smothered in trich's, and not to this degree,... I need a review of what N inputs are going in, including those "hidden" ones, like in Ca-Mg,.....

@CBDJunkie We need some color pictures and did you use everything on the chart or other nutrient?
@Waira CBD is using my spreadsheet. According to a post above he is on week 7 so this spreadsheet is adjusted for 2 Gallons of water and 65% of GH chart recommendations in coco. The PPM numbers are GH's and not adjusted. They are just a reference number.

ScreenHunter_129 Jun. 05 20.37.jpg

All leaves are dark green/blue, many are somewhat glossy. In terms of what I have read regarding N tox these are the primary symptoms. Will get some pics.

I have the Soil pH/moisture meter mentioned previously and can use this if deemed necesary.

LAST 3 WATERINGS:
Fertigated Blue Mystic @ 80% Wk5 to 10% runoff (2.2 gal) - May 27
Fertigated Blue Mystic @ 65% Wk6 to 15% runoff (2.0 gal) - May 30
Fertigated Blue Mystic @ 65% Wk7 to 12% runoff (2.5 gal) - June 6

Flora micro - 5% (5-0-1)
Flora Grow - 2% (2-1-6)
Flora Bloom - 0% (0-5-4)
CalMag - 1% (1-0-0)
RapidStart - 1%(1-0.5-1)
Floraicious Pus - 2% (2.0-0.8-0.02)

Bm_Nutes.JPG

Pics later...

Last edited:
According to The Soil pH & Moisture Tester (CWP Instruments)
soil Moisture - 6.0
soil pH - 6.4
(if this is an indication of the pH of the other two grows, I fail to see symptom similarities with the other two grows, one of which is in the same week of grow.)

Last edited:
Back