Outdoor Captcold's Mephisto Outdoor Grow - 2018

The Livers & Cheese are about a week ahead in terms of flowering, budsites are forming. I'm hoping there's going to be a stretch soon. Here's the L&C....

IMG_20180506_131613.jpg

The AvT is definitely behind, I'd say about a week. Good for those of us who want to spread out trimming detail. Hopefully they'll grow more, 3 out of the 4 are around 16" tall, one stretchy AvT is around 20". Here's a pic of one of the AvT's....
IMG_20180506_131627.jpg

AVT's (left) and Liver's and Cheese (right) growing steady with a diet of sunshine and airflow. AvT's lanky, starting to fill in. One of the L&C's (far right) seems to be having a nap past few days....hasn't done much.

IMG_20180512_100817_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
The AvT's are really cooking along now. Good stretch, although one is doing far better then the other atm in terms of plant structure and potential. They're on the left.

The Livers and Cheese smell amazing - like being in a spice factory. Again, only one of them is a better pheno at this point. Smaller than the AvT's, but they are all growing well outdoors.

IMG_20180517_102906.jpg

Following up on a fun 2017 season, I've popped some Mephisto strains to see what we can do in 5 gal soil grow outdoors this year. So far, 2 Livers and Cheese & 2 AvT are above the soil and wanting more.

I'll be updating this one weekly. Given the speed I've seen these done at, I should be able to get a couple of harvests done by fall.

I look forward to seeing how the Mephistos do, I'm trying a couple outside this summer myself, first Meph's I've ever grown. I'm also curious to see how your early, middle, and late crops will compare. I'm just doing one so I'm trying to time it so that they flower under some of the seasons highest brightest sun -- but it will be interesting to see how much difference the sun angle/intensity makes in your successive grows.

a week or two outside changes alot. One of the AvT's is gorgeous. Great structure, good internodal spacing....nice drive on side-branching for sunlight.

The L&C are fire hydrants in size - but great flower production. And thick. Despite disparate phenos, this is super fun....props to Mephsito.

L&C left in first pic, AvT second, L&C third....

IMG_20180529_120620_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180529_120720_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180529_093627_hdr.jpg

I'm guessing only a week or two out now. I'm going to got get a magnifying glass. Never used one, only my camera on zoom to check the trichs. Novel thing about the Mephisto's is that the trichs are very small, hard to tell how ripe they are, even on zoom

IMG_20180614_160946.jpg

I'm guessing only a week or two out now. I'm going to got get a magnifying glass. Never used one, only my camera on zoom to check the trichs. Novel thing about the Mephisto's is that the trichs are very small, hard to tell how ripe they are, even on zoom

Mine are a couple of weeks behind yours, I hope they look as good as yours when they catch up. So far I've seen a lot of pheno differences with all of the autos I've grown, I think more than with the photos, not sure why.

Do you think auto's trichs are smaller in general, or just the Mephs? Last summer was the first time I grew autos, and I felt like there were less trichomes, but it didn't really occur to me that they might have been smaller.

Last edited:
Back