Shes under the amare SE250 its a 300 watt light. But theres 3 flowering plants and a young plant in a 3x3 with her. If it was a single plant in a 3x3 he light would be over kill.

How big is your space @TaNg so many more things go into grams per watt than just light but if your in a 3x3 closet or close to it i would love for you and i both to start 4 of the same strain in 5 gallon pots. Then do a grams per watt check after

Last edited:
Calcium def is exhibited with rusty spots and magnesium with yellowing leaves, curling tips sometimes to much N or on most cases a genetic trait, that's what I've found anyway.

Yes on the calcium, along with twisty deformed new growth leaves. Yellowing of leaves can also be nitrogen deficiency, usually starting with the bottom fans leaves working it's way upwards as it progresses. Nitrogen toxicity usually exhibits downward curling leaf tips(eagle claws) vs. magnesium deficiency, which results in upward curling leaf edges and tips.

The SE250's actual wattage is ~300w.

Yes on the calcium, along with twisty deformed new growth leaves. Yellowing of leaves can also be nitrogen deficiency, usually starting with the bottom fans leaves working it's way upwards as it progresses. Nitrogen toxicity usually exhibits downward curling leaf tips(eagle claws) vs. magnesium deficiency, which results in upward curling leaf edges and tips.

The SE250's actual wattage is ~300w.

The fading leaves from mag def and spots from calcium def are the first signs you will see if you have a deficency, the most common def is calcium, I see this a lot with autos even under HSP so it's my view the 20 hrs of light a day cause it more than anything else.

Shes under the amare SE250 its a 300 watt light. But theres 3 flowering plants and a young plant in a 3x3 with her. If it was a single plant in a 3x3 he light would be over kill.

How big is your space @TaNg so many more things go into grams per watt than just light but if your in a 3x3 closet or close to it i would love for you and i both to start 4 of the same strain in 5 gallon pots. Then do a grams per watt check after

Of course there are lots of factors like grower skills,genetics but over time you should get a good idea of how many grams of weed your lights produce, if you have been using them for a year and have never broken 1gpw you can assume the lights aren't that clever.
I already know what I can get from my 75w lights and have been documenting the results for over two years,the supernaturals I just grew almost hit 3gpw.
We have a lot of lights being 'tested' on site so it would be great for people to get a good idea of how they compair and this thread is a good place to start.

I see what your saying i just dont buy into that as much i guess. I mean how do you even do the equation. Sure i could take the 1 plant from this thread and do the math of it with the 300watts i used in the amare panel and it wouldnt even be 1 gram per watt but i grow 4 plants at a time under it. So if you pull the weight of all of them averaging 150 or 175 so say 162 (given some are 120 and some are 220) then i would say while running this light my average has been around 2.5 grams per watt. Sometimes more sometimes less but thats a good average.

I could do an actual test and document. But i really dont lean that far into that number i guess. Its diffucult now especially because i run perpetual. When 1 comes out another goes in. Im positive i could up that yield even more if i had another foot in each direction.

Last edited:
I see what your saying i just dont buy into that as much i guess. I mean how do you even do the equation. Sure i could take the 1 plant from this thread and do the math of it with the 300watts i used in the amare panel and it wouldnt even be 1 gram per watt but i grow 4 plants at a time under it. So if you pull the weight of all of them averaging 150 or 175 so say 162 (given some are 120 and some are 220) then i would say while running this light my average has been around 2.5 grams per watt. Sometimes more sometimes less but thats a good average.

I could do an actual test and document. But i really dont lean that far into that number i guess. Its diffucult now especially because i run perpetual. When 1 comes put another goes in. Im positive i could up that yield even more if i had another foot in each direction.

Yes the total amount you grow under a light will tell you how well it performs. It's easy for e really because each plant gets a 75w in bloom. I will be rocking GNs 250w light soon so I will be in your position and have to add all the plant weight together.
Grams Per Watt is hugely important when assesing a lights performance and the test team should be really pushing it imo for the benefit of the members and viewsers, that's why their being tested,to see how good they are.

I agree, in some cases that could be a very valuable number provided at the end of each test. Sometimes the setup and growing style could seriously misrepresent things but that would all have to be taken into consideration i rekon

Calcium is semi-mobile and the easiest way to fix it is to foliar feed. Granted, I'm not sure you want to foliar this late into flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAY 62
FEEDING AND FLUSH DAY

SATIVA PHENO
AKA
Kim
DSC_2301.JPG

FLORABLOOM 10 ML
RIPEN 15 ML
Ph WAS 6.2 AND THIS WAS ADDED TO 5 LITRES OF SPRING WATER AND SHE TOOK THE LOT WITH JUST A LITTLE RUNOFF.
DSC_2299.JPG
DSC_2298.JPG
DSC_2295.JPG
DSC_2296.JPG
DSC_2294.JPG
DSC_2291.JPG
DSC_2289.JPG

THIS LADY WILL RUN 80-90+ DAYS

HYBRID PHENO
AKA
AGGIE
DSC_2302.JPG

SHE GOT 4 LITERS OF SPRING WATER UN PH.
And she will get this amount every 3-4 days until chop time
DSC_2281.JPG
DSC_2283.JPG
DSC_2282.JPG
DSC_2271.JPG
DSC_2272.JPG
DSC_2277.JPG

I cut feed today.... she got herculean harvest today and will get her last shot of RECHARGE tom to breakdown whats left in the rootzone for her to finish out her life on.

Be careful with that. I spoke with Scott (the producer of the product) and he said to cut it before flush because the microbes will just keep feeding the plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back