Old Reviews Canna Coco Professional

I found the ph perfect depends a lot on your starting water and also how much you are using. With my water it didn't really pull it in range until I was at about 5ml/L which is quite strong. In pure RO or distilled water it went fairly acidic. It works but I think you will still want to check pH especially for keeping it in range early on.

Just for reference my tap water after dechlorine/dechloraminating is between 7.8-8.1pH and 212ppm with a lot of calcium bicarb which is a strong buffer. It takes 6ml/L of the AN to pull it right to 6.0-6.2pH

The AN stuff is really concentrated as well. 5ml/L and you're into 1400ppm.

I found the ph perfect depends a lot on your starting water and also how much you are using. With my water it didn't really pull it in range until I was at about 5ml/L which is quite strong. In pure RO or distilled water it went fairly acidic. It works but I think you will still want to check pH especially for keeping it in range early on.

Just for reference my tap water after dechlorine/dechloraminating is between 7.8-8.1pH and 212ppm with a lot of calcium bicarb which is a strong buffer. It takes 6ml/L of the AN to pull it right to 6.0-6.2pH

The AN stuff is really concentrated as well. 5ml/L and you're into 1400ppm.

Thanks for that bro :d5:

EC will still need to be monitored you would think m8 yea?? Or would be better monitored?? Otherwise your just guessing at the strength of your feed.. which is fine in soil as its somewhat forgiving lol but not so fine in coco?? Winging it with the EC sounds interesting though.. imagine!!
i can measure feed now mostly without bothering with ec as i have learned amounts at certain ages but even if you have a cheap ec meter or stick i don't find you need really expensive ones the ph meter quality is more important but i have blue lab ones but this cheap ec one also pretty accurate in a jam .also bro i feel you've got really grow sense a lot better than mine

Attachments

• here.PNG
    here.PNG
    642.8 KB · Views: 44
I've got limited experience with other coco but after using this for the last year exclusively I don't even want to try anything else.

It comes pre buffered and it's ready to use out of the bag. I start my seeds in starter pots and mix up a low EC nutrient solution to 0.4 EC and run a bunch through the coco. This helps remove the fines from the coco and sets the starting EC for my seeds exactly where I want with the nutrient ratio I want.

Example plants grown with this fantastic coco.
View attachment 1329342 View attachment 1329343 View attachment 1329344 View attachment 1329345 View attachment 1329346 View attachment 1329347 View attachment 1329348

100% Pure Canna Coco Professional no perlite. 1 gallon cloth pot yielding 6.4 oz. Edit: this was the only photoperiod of the plants pictured
View attachment 1329349

Can I ask what nutes and additives u used with the canna coco bro?? Those results are amazing.. great growin :worship:

i can measure feed now mostly without bothering with ec as i have learned amounts at certain ages but even if you have a cheap ec meter or stick i don't find you need really expensive ones the ph meter quality is more important but i have blue lab ones but this cheap ec one also pretty accurate in a jam .also bro i feel you've got really grow sense a lot better than mine

Just seen this m8.. thanks for the info.. I know what you mean about sort of knowing amounts.. like with soil really.. i have to confess ive ordered a cheap pH pen and a cheap EC pen to have a go at first.. mixed reports on the cheap pH pens some say shite some say those ppl just don't know how to look after them/calibrate them.. we'll see.. ill be tootlin about with it like a maniac measuring and checking shit left right n centre lol if it doesn't look like it's gonna do my job ill bite the bullet and splash on a blue lab one.. fkn horror stories about how fragile they are putting me off!! Feel like it'll be busted in some way or another in a fortnight.. if u don't don't this it breaks and if u don't do that it breaks.. almost like its destined to give up from day one lol fkn people!!

Picked this up online as well @St. Tom
Screenshot_20210712-175420_Chrome.jpg

So my water already has 54.9ppm calcium magnesium potassium in it.. which means it's EC is about 0.1 maybe just a bit higher before I put anything in it?? Am I on the right track here or on my own tangent lol

Picked this up online as well @St. Tom
View attachment 1342310

So my water already has 54.9ppm calcium magnesium potassium in it.. which means it's EC is about 0.1 maybe just a bit higher before I put anything in it?? Am I on the right track here or on my own tangent lol
i would just add calmag if you need it depending on what nutes you use but @Mañ'O'Green will be the best to ask

Same one I use, and it is dead accurate. It is also calibratable, which is better than my spare. Anyway, as you point out, cheap EC meter is fine, cheap pH meter, not so much. Made that mistake myself. Only once though. :biggrin:

Back