New Grower Canadijuana's first Grow, 4x4 tent, Critical + 2.0, Moby Dick XXL, Samsung F strips

Reaction score
First grow!

Hoping to use this thread to document the journey, and for assistance when the need arises! Looking for some wisdom! I've tried to read quite a bit before getting started but I feel there are a few things I could be doing better so feel free to provide some constructive criticism! This thread will probably end up fairly picture heavy!

Equipment I have:
-4x4x7 tent
-8x Samsung F-Series LT-F562B 2′ LED Strips (3000 & 3500 split) (I plan on adding more, possibly double?)
-Meanwell driver
-5gal vivosun fabric pots
-promix BX (I'm worried I made a mistake here)
-digital temp/humidity monitor
-oscillating fan
-4" inline fan
TDS pen
PH pen

Nutes -- I currently have -- Following Tangs, somewhat
-Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A & B
-Advanced Nutrients Nirvana

Seeds I've germinated and have just broken the surface (in the 5 gallon pots) are as follows:
- 2x Auto GWS -- cross female Great White Shark from Greenhouse Seeds and a Lowryder [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] from the Joint Doctor
-2x Northern Lights Auto's from Quebec Cannabis Seeds

I plan on adding a few more to the tent from another strain in a few weeks to create somewhat of a perpetual harvest... maybe of the Dinafem XL variety?... hmm.

How many more F strips should I add (if any?) I'd like to get the tent at max capacity, eventually, I don't want light to be the bottleneck... I've also considered running a Viparspectra light alongside the 8x Fstrips.

I'm worried I chose the wrong medium (BX instead of HP). should I transplant now before the 4 plants get too big? Should I start new plants with HP or is BX okay?

full disclosure/bonus pics:
this isn't my first grow. I have 2 auto GWS a few weeks away from harvest right now... they're runts but still aren't turning out so bad, despite all the mistakes with them (before reading here!)... Still, I'll be bound to make a bunch more, that's where you guys come in!
first one was taken with DSLR,50mm1.8 and ALL the macro extension tubes (look closely and you can actually see the reflection of the F-strip LEDs in the heads of the trichomes!), second is from my Pixel.
1DNuzMf.jpg

3akxvoe.jpg

...pics of the current grow/plants to come soon!

Grow em big!

Last edited:
Update time! Day 3-4...
2x Great White Shark's are looking healthy and off to a good start
1x Northern Light is looking good, the other still hadn't broken soil as of a day or two ago hmm. I germ'd them in paper towel, all had tap roots, I was careful to point them all down, and not put them too deep. so I went on a little excavating... and found it, not sure what it was doing but maybe I did have it too deep, the tap root looked all spiralled. I've adjusted it to see if it catches up, but I might have to abandon that one and start with a fresh seed.

hHjYg7B.jpg

r9IVJCl.jpg

0A4RPdE.jpg

The grow light. (-8x Samsung F-Series LT-F562B 2′ LED Strips (3000 & 3500 split)). I'm driving them at around 1.2A right now.
It's finishing off the two plants outside the tent right now (tent was just setup before the new seedlings. I can;t wait for them to finish so I can move the light over to the tent (there are some fungus gnats... still trying to correct previous mistakes, etc, otherwise i'd just move everything into the tent...)
right now the seedlings are under a 30watt 3000k led spotlight and 2x 6500k t5s... not ideal, seedlings will need the big light soon.

alas.... I realize the 8 Samsung F strips might not be enough (I wanna pack this 4x4 once I'm more confident) but how much IS enough? another 8 strips? would anyone recommend adding a viparspectra 900 or something like that instead?

Last edited:
So I just brought my lighting situation up to par (ha!)... pretty happy with how it turned out!... Should be around 500 watts!

I effectively built myself an HLG 550 V1. Same driver(I'm told), same diodes, same number of diodes(1152).
  • 16x Samsung F Strips -- LT-F562B (22")
    • 8x 3000k
    • 8x 3500k
  • Mean Well HLG-480H-24A
  • 32ft Aluminum U Channel
  • 8ft Aluminum Angle
  • Aircraft cable hangers
OW2qSo6.jpg

os1aUB2.jpg

mdiTJT1.jpg

YKzG9Dn.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! FTS (full tent shot) coming soon! (I'm also in the aquarium hobby, FTS = full tank shot where I'm from) ...Is FTS a thing around here? Maybe I can be responsible for introducing it lol.
We like it all from full tent shots, outdoor, bugs, wildlife you name it there might even be a thread started you can add too or start up a new one in Live Stoners
20180723_131857.jpg

Back