Grow Mediums C.E's (easy) coco guide ver 0.3 (2013)

amazing post bro!

I’m new to coco and needed advice. I’ve measured the E.C of the water I’m using which is 0.1.
I added coco in a mug along with the water, the E.C shows 0.3.
However, when I measure the E.C of the run off, it shows 1.4.
I have not started the grow as I would like the E.C to be below 0.5 but I do not know where the extra figures are coming from.

Any suggestions on how I can reduce the E.C of the run off or should I just go ahead with the grow?

I always find this is the case. Once I started ignoring run off entirely I got much better results. I always swing the pH between feeds and now never look at run off, just throw it straight in the garden
Man ive been pulling may hair out with runoff EC lately. Im going by the "If feed going in comes out lower in runoff then increase feed. If feed going in is same as runoff then you hit the sweet spot. If when feed going in comes out higher in runoff by 100-300 ppms then you have buildup." I think Ive been chasing my own tail. Im feeding 0.65EC in flower just to keep it the same as runoff but my runoff is always increasing. Man, have I been doing it wrong? What do you mean by swinging ph?

Man ive been pulling may hair out with runoff EC lately. Im going by the "If feed going in comes out lower in runoff then increase feed. If feed going in is same as runoff then you hit the sweet spot. If when feed going in comes out higher in runoff by 100-300 ppms then you have buildup." I think Ive been chasing my own tail. Im feeding 0.65EC in flower just to keep it the same as runoff but my runoff is always increasing. Man, have I been doing it wrong? What do you mean by swinging ph?
I had the exact same issue for my first few grows. It makes sense that if the run off is too high then you have build up and should feed less next time. However I've found run off has nothing to do with what's in the medium at all. As long as you put in the correct feed all should be good

I had the exact same issue for my first few grows. It makes sense that if the run off is too high then you have build up and should feed less next time. However I've found run off has nothing to do with what's in the medium at all. As long as you put in the correct feed all should be good
How many times do you flush (to remove buildup)? And what does swinging ph between feeds mean? Feed 5.6 one feed, 5.9 next, 5.8 the other one, and say 6.0 then next? Does it matter the number as long as its 5.5-6.0?

How many times do you flush (to remove buildup)? And what does swinging ph between feeds mean? Feed 5.6 one feed, 5.9 next, 5.8 the other one, and say 6.0 then next? Does it matter the number as long as its 5.5-6.0?
I only flush before harvest, I don't flush during the grow at all as there isn't a reason too. If you get at least 10% run off there will be no build up.
Yes swinging pH is exactly that. Different notes are uptaked at different pH ranges

I only flush before harvest, I don't flush during the grow at all as there isn't a reason too. If you get at least 10% run off there will be no build up.
Yes swinging pH is exactly that. Different notes are uptaked at different pH ranges
All right thanks Ill take your word. Lets see what happens to my plants.

Back