Grow Mediums C.E's (easy) coco guide ver 0.3 (2013)

Great write up. Max:slap: I want to add to coco prep a little. If using the blocks that need rehydrated they need to be rinsed thoroughly. I have that the ppm and ph of the first few rinses are all over the place. :thumbs:

My plants ard def established at this point have been heavy watering every other day. And keep thd rez topped off. Giving light feeding on the days in between. If you could by over an take a look see and advise if necessary, that would be great.

I was also asked what brand of coco and nutes I use.

For coco, I used bagged Atami coco. It comes precharge at 0.8ec or so with basic nutes which is great for seedlings or cuttings.

For nutes, I have use Bcuzz coco A+B with success, but my absolute favorite is Advanced Nutrients GrowMicroBloom ph Perfect. I used to hate on AN a lot before I did a comparison grow. Not only was yield better, but taste was way WAY better.

AVOID Canna. I've just had bad experiences with them. From weird burns to weirder deficiencies when nothing is seemingly off ph/ec wise. Bitter/charry end product even with long flushes. Avoid. I did comparison tests with the same cut on Canna and AN. The plants in AN were mouth-wateringly delicious and smooth. The plants on Canna tasted like chalk. Nuff said.

Its sad to hear that bout canna just after i purchased a full coco set:{

Its a bit of personal prefence coming into play i would say kosher.

I've used canna coco pro plus many times as have a few others i know online and in person :)
I use the full set and my weed tastes awesome! lol

I like nearly all of C.Es coco advice - but I would not say that CANNA make a bad medium

Just my 2 cents :)

Its a bit of personal prefence coming into play i would say kosher.

I've used canna coco pro plus many times as have a few others i know online and in person :)
I use the full set and my weed tastes awesome! lol

I like nearly all of C.Es coco advice - but I would not say that CANNA make a bad medium

Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks blue! that really help to ease my mind lol! i was getting paranoid

I'd avoid transplanting but if u must then be real gentle. This guide isnt a method per se, but overall just a guide to help introduce you to the basics on handling coco coir. This thread is gold! Pretty much every basic fact u need to get started is here. Are u in tx? Me too! Just my two cents but i like to germinate using the paper towel method in a sandwich bag on a warm surface. Good luck with ur grow bro!

Great thread and a really good read packed with nice advice!
I have to say I'm with Blue on the Canna tip , I use Canna coco professional plus with powder feeding, pk 13/14 & Desity CalMag Pro (it also has Aminos Acids and plant sweetners ).
I also add 20% Perlite.

Maybe Canna pro + doesn't work so well with the AN line of nutes?:shrug:

As a general rule it is good advice not to transplant auots.I totally agree for the most part.

However.........
I grow AF-SOG with specific "stunting" technique (small plants that are virtually all bud.
I Start my auto in 1ltr pots and transplant at sex. (in to 8.5 ltr pots)
What does this do....?
Well it provides transplant shock right at the moment the plant wants to stretch.
This transplant shock(at the desired time) keeps the plant short and stocky (ideal for those with limited head room).
I also keep my light on 24/7 the give a stable and constant temp (I also use a temp controlled fan).
When using a lights on and off set up, you will find there is a drop in temps in the dark period.
The larger the temp swing between lights on and off the more stretch you will get.
This can be avoided by using a cheap tube heater with at thermostatic plug for the dark period.
Having shorter plants means more penetration of light and also keeps the intensity brighter due to minimizing the inverse square law effect.
Buds at the bottom get virtually the same amount of light as the top.
upload_2016-11-11_21-34-9.png

This is not a technique for everyone and maybe should be avoided if your new to growing (unless your looking for a technique for a low height grow cab).
It works a treat though and I get great result with it and coco.
dscn2288-fileminimizer-jpg.388242

dscn2319-jpg.390910
12" plant all bud no gaps.
dscn2313-jpg.390907

Back