NEWS buying seeds in US

My beef is with True North. It says on their website's 'About' section that "All our orders are GUARANTEED, and are COMPLETELY DISCREET." ..Well. if all of their orders are guaranteed then they should replace what's been intercepted even if they suggest insurance elsewhere on their site. I called them out on this but doubt that I'll hear anything back nor do I doubt that they'll change the wording on their site.

On another note, they might be the walmart of u.s.-based online seed shopping but I'll gladly work with ilovegrowingmarijuana.com which I don't recall seeing mentioned in any of the previous posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, but isnt it legal for you to do so? You can order 1000x with no stealth and get through, its possible but you never know and I dont like those odds lol. I have ordered once from Canada (CropKingseeds) got my stuff no problem, but was like extra $30 for stealth. They put it in a cheap ass marker, worked but didnt cost them $30 lol. Once the US stops stealing seeds at customs I will order from anywhere, but there're way to many places i can order from with free shipping and get in a few days with no worries. Not hatin' just sayin'...

Stealth shipping is a way for seed banks to squeeze extra money out of us.
I place small orders that have free shipping, and no stealth.
Minimizing cost this way amounts to self-insuring.
I've had one order out of about 17 get seized over the past few years.

Ironic that the first five letters of the word stealth is STEAL.

It is highly illegal here to buy seeds from anyone but the government or the government run stores which only have 2 strains.
Odds higher here i would assume.
As I said i have received all. until I lose beans I will continue to order and save $30 on stealth.
Did it use to be legal, because I had always heard it wasnt illegal to buy seeds in Canada, just grow them lol. Here I think there are a few factors which get you caught. Mainly country of origin, and where they pass through. I heard coming through Chicago was dicey. I wouldnt dare not use stealth if I was getting outside US. If my wife would see a letter from customs or whoever informs your beans were taken my growing days would be over. She isnt fond of me growing so that would freak her out lol. So, they got me over a barrel. Any company is free to do as they wish and charge extra, but I also have the choice not to spend my money with them. What are the 2 strains they let you buy? Are they really that dumb? Seems kinda silly me, guess you guys are on the honor system lol.

Stealth shipping is a way for seed banks to squeeze extra money out of us.
I place small orders that have free shipping, and no stealth.
Minimizing cost this way amounts to self-insuring.
I've had one order out of about 17 get seized over the past few years.
Nailed it! That's just it, you never know. You could get never lose any, or you could get busted multiple times. In the past 3yrs I have acquired 81 different strains, 79 of them shipped from the US. So I just dont see the need to buy seeds from outside the US, and involve custom. There are plenty of places here just gotta look around.

My beef is with True North. It says on their website's 'About' section that "All our orders are GUARANTEED, and are COMPLETELY DISCREET." ..Well. if all of their orders are guaranteed then they should replace what's been intercepted even if they suggest insurance elsewhere on their site. I called them out on this but doubt that I'll hear anything back nor do I doubt that they'll change the wording on their site.

On another note, they might be the walmart of u.s.-based online seed shopping but I'll gladly work with ilovegrowingmarijuana.com which I don't recall seeing mentioned in any of the previous posts.
You know they are in the Netherlands not US?

Did it use to be legal, because I had always heard it wasnt illegal to buy seeds in Canada, just grow them lol. Here I think there are a few factors which get you caught. Mainly country of origin, and where they pass through. I heard coming through Chicago was dicey. I wouldnt dare not use stealth if I was getting outside US. If my wife would see a letter from customs or whoever informs your beans were taken my growing days would be over. She isnt fond of me growing so that would freak her out lol. So, they got me over a barrel. Any company is free to do as they wish and charge extra, but I also have the choice not to spend my money with them. What are the 2 strains they let you buy? Are they really that dumb? Seems kinda silly me, guess you guys are on the honor system lol.
yes it was legal to buy before legalization, now classified as illicit seeds.
one is bakers street and the other one is some other indica strain. Both from Tweed. sativa seeds are outlawed for some reason. size I suspect.
we are a police state and everything is done with little consultation.

You know they are in the Netherlands not US?
Who? True North or ILGM?
EDIT: Oh yeah, I thought ILGM was u.s. based only because cannabis seeds usa was directly linking to their products. I should have known better. I'll still go that route.

Last edited:
yes it was legal to buy before legalization, now classified as illicit seeds.
one is bakers street and the other one is some other indica strain. Both from Tweed. sativa seeds are outlawed for some reason. size I suspect.
we are a police state and everything is done with little consultation.
Wow, that is dumb sorry to hear that. I love sativas so I would be pissed. Never heard of tweed, I would like to get some. I'm a bit of a collector tho lol. I'm guessing it isnt strong then. Seems so halfassed and naive to think people who could buy seeds prior would only grow there junk. I hope they fix this someday soon bud.

Back