Dinafem Burr_Nit's - Haze CBD+ RoadRunner#2

Outstanding brother! That haze is gong to be a treat in a couple weeks!:pass:

I've been vaping :mflb: some of mine and its early yet but it's excellent all day smoke bro! Great for pain relief and kills general anxiety as well!

Im super stoked for you with that new tent!

For the lights I don't think you could go wrong with like 6 autocobs. The Amare is tits for sure but the individual adjustability of the separate autocobs is where it's at!

For example in your current grow you could have one lower for the Haze and one a little higher for the Road Runner. Thus, maximizing the photons for each individual plant. Not that you couldn't do that by giving the shorties a booster seat as well.

Idk man the more I think about it the more multiple smallish light sources makes sense versus just one or two big light sources. Can't wait to see what you end up doing!:clapper:

@MateraGaia !!!! Thanks for stopping in man!

Really appreciate it man. I'm hoping so, the Haze is the star of the show for sure, we will see if RoadRunner will have a say at harvest. I'm at that stage where I'm anticipating bud production, we will see what happens though!? Mm mmm mm,, She sounds like some good smoke! ..Now pass that! :woohoo1:Lol... I can't wait! Ahah

Yeah, I would love some autocobs, but I need lights that throw some heat, it's a basement grow and it's much easier for me to manage the tent heat from lights than needing to add heat. But, I'm super excited for next grow, I will definitely tag ya when I start it up! Should be fun!

Thanks again for stopping in MG!!!! :thumbsup:
:pass:

My pleasure following along bro!:pass:

To me heat from lights means less light for the plants. :doh: I'd want to put more light on the plants not waste energy creating heat with a light source.

Between the Amare and Autocob they aren't going to throw much in the way of heat because they are both super efficient at turning electricity into light.

What's the ambient temp like in your basement?

As someone in the hvac industry, in a 5x5 tent, I'd much rather make heat with a small electric oil filled radiator type heater. Mucho more controllable than using lights as a heat source and doesn't dry the air like a ceramic type heater.

Now the other side of the equation is ventilation. Since you don't have huge heat from hps with running super efficient cobs you don't need a huge fan. In fact, depending on the ambient air outside the tent, you probably could almost get away with a high output bathroom fan. Think somewhere in the 150-200 cfm range. Or just a simple in line 4" dialed down to low on the speed controler.

The problem with fan controllers is that the most common ones are using a rheostat to control speed. These use electrical resistance to control fan speed. The lower the fan speed the higher the resistance and lower the efficiency. At lower speeds they become pretty inefficient. Also they don't usually run much less than 50% of the rated max speed anyway. So you can't simply buy a 6" fan and dial it down super low and be okay. And if the rheostat isn't properly matched to the fan motor (example: anything made in China) the motor or rheostat can burn up if run continuously at the lowest setting.

When choosing a fan you want to be sure to look at the tech specs and be sure it's rated for continuous duty. Most in line and squirrel cage vent fans are but not all. This is a critical detail that lots of growers regret overlooking.

If you need help with this just give me a shout I'm happy to lend a hand. Just remember that heating with lights is caveman style!:crying:

Last edited:
Oh your definitely right about the heat output from lights. @MateraGaia ...Unfortunately, I thinking budget on my next grow is going to have me leaning towards other lights, but we'll see what happens..I dream about that Amare SE450 ahaha! You also brought up the other problem I know I'm going to encounter in my next grow. Not only was the tent free, but I also got a free inline fan, that I'm definitely going to have to use for obvious smelly reasons. Lmao. And I know people can sometimes have major environment issues with those fans on... I will check to see what brand the new inline fan is, but most likely some cheap China piece.

But I will definitely reach out when I get the new setup going, I know I will need some help from you and these rocking AFN members! I still got to get through this grow first lmao. :crying::crying:

Thanks again MG! You rock! :bump:

Oh your definitely right about the heat output from lights. @MateraGaia ...Unfortunately, I thinking budget on my next grow is going to have me leaning towards other lights, but we'll see what happens..I dream about that Amare SE450 ahaha! You also brought up the other problem I know I'm going to encounter in my next grow. Not only was the tent free, but I also got a free inline fan, that I'm definitely going to have to use for obvious smelly reasons. Lmao. And I know people can sometimes have major environment issues with those fans on... I will check to see what brand the new inline fan is, but most likely some cheap China piece.

But I will definitely reach out when I get the new setup going, I know I will need some help from you and these rocking AFN members! I still got to get through this grow first lmao. :crying::crying:

Thanks again MG! You rock! :bump:
Haha mate I'm in the same boat I want an Amare or timber COB so bad I've been researching like crazy whether to DIY or buy a prebuilt the COB game is crazy these days $1k should get you something nice for sure I'm looking to spend like $600. Hope you get the Amare I probably will get the smaller one haha it's perfect for my 2x4 tent. At $695 it is a big investment lol I feel your pain
:cools:
SolarPRO SP300 (Pro3)

Haha mate I'm in the same boat I want an Amare or timber COB so bad I've been researching like crazy whether to DIY or buy a prebuilt the COB game is crazy these days $1k should get you something nice for sure I'm looking to spend like $600. Hope you get the Amare I probably will get the smaller one haha it's perfect for my 2x4 tent. At $695 it is a big investment lol I feel your pain
:cools:
SolarPRO SP300 (Pro3)

Yeah for sure dude, I'm literally doing more research as we speak.. I have to make a decision within about a week or so. I'm probably changing nutes as well and switching to advanced, everyone seems to do really well with that line, I also need more smart pots, grow medium, and beans, with my new grow ...soooooo looks like I'm going to have to take the cheap route for now, maybe down the road I will invest in Amare. But as of now I believe I'm going with two Mars Reflector 144s on the sides of either two mars 1200 or two viparspectres I'll be dropping about 1200$ for everything I need rather than $1200 on one light. :shrug:..just what I gotta do for right now. We'll see happens and what I pull the trigger on.. should be interesting! Lol

Back