Extraction Bubble Bowl tips and tricks, feedback, etc,....

Waira

Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
fine-ass '22 harvest!
:jointman: OK mates, feel free to offer up anything you think is relevant to the Bubble Bowl system here!

I picked mine up a while back, and only have a few runs in so far,... First two were not the best, a fair amount of green bits got in both grades (didn't bother to separate 120 and 90 micron stuff when making hash)... First run, I thought the older trim was just too low in moisture content, so readily powdered up. Second run was with fresher stuff, still had pliability to it, but got similar results,... In both cases, the dry ice had sizable chunks in it, like i saw in the video demo'... but my thinking was these are too big, heavy and so were pulverizing the ultra-brittle veg' matter...
So this last run, today, I broke up the DI into small pieces, all at or under about 1" x 1/2".... I should note that the amounts of trim were fairly small, about an oz or less,...
Shaking pattern is something to tinker with too,...never bang away at it!... faster, shorter amplitude up-and-down seems to work better, rotate the bowl a few times at least, I even flipped the contents like you do when you saute' something, plus a little "gold panning" swirling just to stir contents better,... leave the top off once and you'll see how the contents tend to move and behave with your MO,...
:thumbsup: This time, things came out much better! I don't have pics of the first couple runs, but they were definitely a greenish tint, magnification showed just how much,... they formed up for hash just OK, still on the dusty/crumbly side,... However, this run of kief looks like this (haven't processed it to hash yet):

This is Atomic, 120+90 on left, 2nd shake 160 on right-->
s1.jpg

>>> and this is a mix of several strains, odds and ends, same grade as above...-->
s2.jpg

.... notable, even the 2nd shake run isn't showing much more micro-bits of green, and these went 30+ sec. longer than what the video says to do,... I recommend halting briefly 1-2 times during the shaking for 1st and 2nd runs, to have a fast peek to see how things are progressing!
:wiz: - I'd say because everybody is going to work it a little differently, take the directions as a general advisery,... taking quick peeks will tell you when you're doing OK, or starting to foul the goods,... If you're new to hash making, too much veg' matter will make the hash difficult to process, and not form the right texture and stickiness.. it stays crumbly and won't adhere together well,... still kicks your butt though! :dizzy: :haha:

oops, forgot to add the clean-up qwiso pic! I'll post what i do for this later, and a tool or two that was very handy to use for collecting and cleaning,....:smoking:

s3.jpg

yeah, somebody does!.... but not around me that I've found so far, dammit,.. it's all block shit, which I buy remnants of from the case,... that last run was about $3.60 worth, missed the exact weight,... a metal bowl and pointy tip knife will make nice sized chunks! Let me know if you find them, and what company it was,.. maybe another store carries them instead,...

yeah, somebody does!.... but not around me that I've found so far, dammit,.. it's all block shit, which I buy remnants of from the case,... that last run was about $3.60 worth, missed the exact weight,... a metal bowl and pointy tip knife will make nice sized chunks! Let me know if you find them, and what company it was,.. maybe another store carries them instead,...
Dry ice works great with a drill with a paint mixer on the end
And most grocery stores sell it if you ask a manager .[emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

:pighug: @DABaracuss what whaaaat my man?! ...PM me, catch me up,...:pass:

>>> :toke: thanks @db003 -- hope you get to play soon!

I made some hash now, and it came out much better as well,... I tried a new trick using parchment paper and a jar filled with very hot water, rolling it over the kief patties on a wood chopping board.... flatten out, wad up again, flatten out, wad up,... only took 3 times to get that color change and texture to show- :thumbsup:.... I LOVE how well DI hash holds the terpenes, I can't keep my nose out of the jar! ..... lets see,... at 12 o'clock and 3 is the Atomic hash, 120/90 and 2nd 160 shake respectively,... Mixed run, the center big puck is the 120/90, 9 o'clock the 2nd run... Big quality difference there! 120/90 is very tarry in texture, will not crumble at all,... and holy poop tea, talk about- :dizzy: I almost got sea sick watching Blue Planet II!! :crying:
e1.jpg

:pighug: @DABaracuss what whaaaat my man?! ...PM me, catch me up,...:pass:

>>> :toke: thanks @db003 -- hope you get to play soon!

I made some hash now, and it came out much better as well,... I tried a new trick using parchment paper and a jar filled with very hot water, rolling it over the kief patties on a wood chopping board.... flatten out, wad up again, flatten out, wad up,... only took 3 times to get that color change and texture to show- [emoji106].... I LOVE how well DI hash holds the terpenes, I can't keep my nose out of the jar! ..... lets see,... at 12 o'clock and 3 is the Atomic hash, 120/90 and 2nd 160 shake respectively,... Mixed run, the center big puck is the 120/90, 9 o'clock the 2nd run... Big quality difference there! 120/90 is very tarry in texture, will not crumble at all,... and holy poop tea, talk about- :dizzy: I almost got sea sick watching Blue Planet II!! :crying:
View attachment 871144
Dam are you not getting my messages?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

:smoking: Hey Stick'! ... well, if the material is very dry, I think sifting w/o the dry ice might be wiser, if less efficient,.... the main problem with this system is when the dry ice really pulverizes dry material to such fineness that it makes it through the screens and "contaminates" the kief,... as you know too much of that and it won't be cohesive enough to be proper hash :doh:..... So that's why I found smaller pieces of d-i worked better, less physical action... with super dry stuff though, it'd be even worse! Maybe consider rehydrating the material some in a closed container with something that will make/release high RH%, to the point that it doesn't crumble to dust when you pinch it,... like a moistened paper towel stuck to the lid of a plastic container or something like that,... as long as there's high surface area exposed to evaporate from and saturate the air allowing the material to take it up evenly.... we know that rehydrated stuff will still go to powder more easily even after such treatment when it becomes dry again, so maybe even let it get moist enough to be soft/pliable.. then the dry ice may not abuse it as badly! Of course, if a little green stuff in the kief doesn't bother you for this batch, then that amount of rehydration may not be necessary,... :pass:

Back