Old Reviews Bowl Trimmer Review by sanguine

woody

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
As all of you know, trimming can be a bit of a pain especially if you have more than a couple plants to do at a time, so I decided to give a bowl trimmer a go.
heres the one I bought-
just a generic 16 inch bowl trimmer from ebay
5b10AHN.jpg

came with a decent sized drying/hanging net and a pair of trimming scissors.
cost £125 delivered.

so all I did was cut the buds off leaving as little stem as possible and only removing the larger leaves and fan leaves. like this...
e6hYXuT.jpg

vxLPGlE.jpg

I put about 2oz of wet buds on the grill and spread them out, I trimmed the whole plant this way. breaking large colas into golf ball sized buds
U17OhDo.jpg

than put on the lid and give the handle 12-15 turns and they come out like this
24rhxah.jpg

KICwv4v.jpg

PUrCkUd.jpg

CLV8khn.jpg

the longer you turn them the tighter the trim, those buds are far from perfectly trimmed but I'm happy enough smoking them like that!
one of the things I was worried about was losing all the trichomes with them tumbling around and rubbing the grills and turning fingers- and obviously you are going to lose some but the buds still look nice and frosty to me after.
its also handy that all the trim falls between the grill and gets collected in the bowl below if you want to make hash.

heres how the inside looked after trimming 5 decent sized plants (about 100-120oz wet bud)
w6qlUqe.jpg

Rjt9HJS.jpg

cleaning it afterwards is the biggest downside. I used a credit card to scrape it clean and on the plus side collected this
4Hydp5c.jpg

last time I trimmed 5 plants by hand it took 2 of us over 20 hours, this time it took just over 3
the time saved is unbelievable and well worth it for me.

heres the 5 plants that were trimmed

hbss1
QPe4OMU.jpg

hbss2
FPnWpOi.jpg

hbss3
mMFIdBM.jpg

autoextreme1
HbzigME.jpg

autoextreme2 dwc
xKrqT2d.jpg

Nice write up! I've been looking at those for a long time!

As all of you know, trimming can be a bit of a pain especially if you have more than a couple plants to do at a time, so I decided to give a bowl trimmer a go.
heres the one I bought-
just a generic 16 inch bowl trimmer from ebay
5b10AHN.jpg

came with a decent sized drying/hanging net and a pair of trimming scissors.
cost £125 delivered.

so all I did was cut the buds off leaving as little stem as possible and only removing the larger leaves and fan leaves. like this...
e6hYXuT.jpg

vxLPGlE.jpg

I put about 2oz of wet buds on the grill and spread them out, I trimmed the whole plant this way. breaking large colas into golf ball sized buds
U17OhDo.jpg

than put on the lid and give the handle 12-15 turns and they come out like this
24rhxah.jpg

KICwv4v.jpg

PUrCkUd.jpg

CLV8khn.jpg

the longer you turn them the tighter the trim, those buds are far from perfectly trimmed but I'm happy enough smoking them like that!
one of the things I was worried about was losing all the trichomes with them tumbling around and rubbing the grills and turning fingers- and obviously you are going to lose some but the buds still look nice and frosty to me after.
its also handy that all the trim falls between the grill and gets collected in the bowl below if you want to make hash.

heres how the inside looked after trimming 5 decent sized plants (about 100-120oz wet bud)
w6qlUqe.jpg

Rjt9HJS.jpg

cleaning it afterwards is the biggest downside. I used a credit card to scrape it clean and on the plus side collected this
4Hydp5c.jpg

last time I trimmed 5 plants by hand it took 2 of us over 20 hours, this time it took just over 3
the time saved is unbelievable and well worth it for me.

heres the 5 plants that were trimmed

hbss1
QPe4OMU.jpg

hbss2
FPnWpOi.jpg

hbss3
mMFIdBM.jpg

autoextreme1
HbzigME.jpg

autoextreme2 dwc
xKrqT2d.jpg

Back