Seed Stockers Bob's attempt at Wedding Glue - Seedstockers Solo Cup Challenge 2021

My own twist on Mega Crop. Essentially it's the same recipe, but added to that calculation are the parameters from my tap water.
I think I'm at 700 or 800µS/cm = 350 - 400ppm.
For now I'm feeding the Solo's manually, but in the future it will be done by an Autopot system. I'm currently testing this out in the bathroom, but I think the amount of water that's added in the tray of the autopot will be to much for small plants... So for now, I'm doing it manually.

My own twist on Mega Crop. Essentially it's the same recipe, but added to that calculation are the parameters from my tap water.
I think I'm at 700 or 800µS/cm = 350 - 400ppm.
For now I'm feeding the Solo's manually, but in the future it will be done by an Autopot system. I'm currently testing this out in the bathroom, but I think the amount of water that's added in the tray of the autopot will be to much for small plants... So for now, I'm doing it manually.

Looks solid for 8 days. Might Be the biggest 8 day old seedling I’ve ever seen. Your environment and lighting must be perfect right now. Keep up the great work bro, I’ve pulled up my chair and binoculars for this one for sure!

Cool!! I was thinking of doing the same thing...but the volume of water would drown the cups. Was thinking maybe a kink in the line, or pinch it to slow it down, or even put cups up on a rack in the base??? not sure.....

Cool!! I was thinking of doing the same thing...but the volume of water would drown the cups. Was thinking maybe a kink in the line, or pinch it to slow it down, or even put cups up on a rack in the base??? not sure.....
I've gone and done it :crying:
ezgif-1-f6aa2cfc5791.gif

I thought with so much surface area humidity would spike like crazy, but everything is A-ok. Clearly VPD is something to keep an eye on if your in the opportunity to control it. In my greenhouse VPD is far away from being a priority.
Screenshot_20211126.jpg

I've gone and done it :crying:
View attachment 1391104

I thought with so much surface area humidity would spike like crazy, but everything is A-ok. Clearly VPD is something to keep an eye on if your in the opportunity to control it. In my greenhouse VPD is far away from being a priority.
View attachment 1391105
How awesome...and a GIF!!! :biggrin: I might just have to get off my old bum and give it a shot. Are those the 1 valve to 2 tray setups? Mine are 1 valve to 1 tray. I might just put my 4 in one tray. Are you afraid of overwatering? I am!! :eek1: I am not concerned about VPD as I need to get the humidity UP in my tent anyways. I always DID think autopot should make a solo cup setup. Great job!!

XOXO
Mom

Last edited:
Awesome sauce!!!!!
I might just have to get off my old bum and give it a shot!!
Are you afraid of overwatering?

XOXO
Mom
Hey Mom,

Thank you!! :biggrin:

Well, I'm keeping a close eye on everything with the action camera. As soon as I see the leaves dropping (let hope not) I can quickly intervene and take them out. I was also thinking about raising the Solocups so they wouldn't be so deep in the solution. A small inox cake rack would probably do the trick, but first we'll see how the cups on their own turn out :cheers:

Hey Mom,

Thank you!! :biggrin:

Well, I'm keeping a close eye on everything with the action camera. As soon as I see the leaves dropping (let hope not) I can quickly intervene and take them out. I was also thinking about raising the Solocups so they wouldn't be so deep in the solution. A small inox cake rack would probably do the trick, but first we'll see how the cups on their own turn out :cheers:
I am glad you are thinking the same way I am. Maybe a cake rack or clay balls...etc. I was even thinking of NOT putting holes in the bottom of the cups, but more like 2-3 tiny holes 1/4 inch up...that way they get the feed, but are not sitting openly in it for too long or get waterlogged before the rez empties down. Then as they get older and require more feed, open up the holes a bit. I am actually going to test this theory soon. I still say AutoPot should come up with a "solo cup version!" Maybe you and I can come up with one and patent it... :rofl: I am excited to see how your ladies do. :biggrin: I have NEVER hand watered before and always used my AutoPots. I am already "feeling the burn" of having to mix nutes and hand hand water my Mendel Midwest Widow plant 2x daily...oh boy, yeah, I better get something cracking with the autopot for my 4 solo cups! This mom has quickly figured out that hand watering is not "her cup of tea". :eek1:

XOXO
Mom

Last edited:
Well...as I mentioned earlier this week. A large surface area creates a higher humidity. Around 3am humidity spiked to 87% which is definitely to high for my VPD chart. I had to reduce the surface area...
Screenshot_20211127.jpg

...This morning I went out and bought me four square plant trays and cut them down to size. The first one was to small, but I'm letting it sit there as a bit of an opening will allow for evaporation. I will keep an eye out for roots coming out of the Solocup, which I predict will be the case. But I'll trim these of every time I take pictures. Just to stay within the rules of this grow. The roots of the other solocups will be allowed to wonder around in the trays.
Y0071548.JPG

The Wedding Glue doesn't seem to mind having wet feet at least for now...

Back