Indoor Blackstrap - Gnome Automatics x Brother Mendel

"Yours" just meant the one you posted.

I saw the website on there and I am going to read up there as well.

I did notice the one you post has AutoFlowers in the heading. Mine says nothing, but it could have been cut off by the person who presented to me. Maybe the one I have here is more suitable for Photos.

The only reason I am a little paranoid about lighting is because I have burned some plants lately. It's like I transfered my bad habit of overwatering over to making crispy leaves.
Yeah that exactly what I thought but don’t know haven’t done photo’s

Also something that has be on my mind from what I’ve learned it is very hard to burn plants with leds especially if they are far enough away and I just recently read where underwatering can look just like light burn you are growing in coco correct? Coco should be feed every watering to 20% run off

When I say burned, I mean I gave them light that was too intense (high DLI) for too long.

Yeah that exactly what I thought but don’t know haven’t done photo’s

Also something that has be on my mind from what I’ve learned it is very hard to burn plants with leds especially if they are far enough away and I just recently read where underwatering can look just like light burn you are growing in coco correct? Coco should be feed every watering to 20% run off

I realize I need to be more clear about my terms of light and burn.

I'm using the AutoPot system on the ones that got too much light. In that situation they water themselves. They drink (eat) when they are thirsty.

What happened was because I was running the lights too intensely the plants were trying to keep up with transpiration. This causes them to take up to many nutrients. This massive influx of nutrients then causes the plant to overdose and because of that, a lockout followed.

So, it isn't a light burn, but more of a nutrient burn caused by too much light for too long.

I realize I need to be more clear about my terms of light and burn.

I'm using the AutoPot system on the ones that got too much light. In that situation they water themselves. They drink (eat) when they are thirsty.

What happened was because I was running the lights too intensely the plants were trying to keep up with transpiration. This causes them to take up too many nutrients. This massive influx of nutrients then causes the plant to overdose and because of that, a lockout followed.

So, it isn't a light burn, but more of a nutrient burn caused by too much light for too long.
I’ve used autopots and understand how they work and they should be hand watered for the first few weeks most people I see hand feed until the leaves reach the edge of the pot. Also from what I’ve learned when I used autopots that a lot growers here recommend a weekly top feeding/flush when using coco and autopots to help prevent the salt buildup that happen when the coco drys down

copied from coco for cannabis:

For automatic fertigation you need to use either a top feed or a bottom feed system. With a bottom feed system, the containers are flooded from the bottom and water is distributed through the media primarily through capillary pressure (wicking). Because bottom feed relies on wicking, the distribution of the water is often sub-optimal. Furthermore, with no water running down through the media, salts can accumulate and lead to nutrient burn.

I like Dr. MJ Coco. Good dude. I listen to the podcast where he is a regular with Jack Greenstalk.

I did know about feeding from the top in the beginning, as well as not turning on the AirDome too.

Although, I think that is awesome advice about the occasional flush. This is my second grow using them and that idea would help.

The light/nutrient nightmare (mentioned above) happened a few weeks back in a grow I am not journaling on here. I flushed like crazy.

I saved the plants, but I imagine the yield will be limited. They were already weird-looking plants, with no branches really, and growing mainly one big cola.

My big worry when I did it was that the coco would get so dense from all the water that it could drown the roots. It didn't.

However, I would worry about a max flush with a seedling. Of course, that could be misplaced worry. Like I said, with my history of overwatering I always worry about doing it again.

I’ve used autopots and understand how they work and they should be hand watered for the first few weeks most people I see hand feed until the leaves reach the edge of the pot. Also from what I’ve learned when I used autopots that a lot growers here recommend a weekly top feeding/flush when using coco and autopots to help prevent the salt buildup that happen when the coco drys down

copied from coco for cannabis:

For automatic fertigation you need to use either a top feed or a bottom feed system. With a bottom feed system, the containers are flooded from the bottom and water is distributed through the media primarily through capillary pressure (wicking). Because bottom feed relies on wicking, the distribution of the water is often sub-optimal. Furthermore, with no water running down through the media, salts can accumulate and lead to nutrient burn.

I like Dr. MJ Coco. Good dude. I listen to the podcast where he is a regular with Jack Greenstalk.

I did know about feeding from the top in the beginning, as well as not turning on the AirDome too.

Although, I think that is awesome advice about the occasional flush. This is my second grow using them and that idea would help.

The light/nutrient nightmare (mentioned above) happened a few weeks back in a grow I am not journaling on here. I flushed like crazy.

I saved the plants, but I imagine the yield will be limited. They were already weird-looking plants, with no branches really, and growing mainly one big cola.

My big worry when I did it was that the coco would get so dense from all the water that it could drown the roots. It didn't.

However, I would worry about a max flush with a seedling. Of course, that could be misplaced worry. Like I said, with my history of overwatering I always worry about doing it again.

perfect didn't realize that yup I tried them with the flush and still wasn't a fan but didn't give them a fair shot shame on me... I read too many stories of others having issue's which made me worry so I gave up with them and switched to DTW with coco and am much happier :shrug::goodluck::pop:

Day 17 - Comparison Day

Growing Well:

• She is doing great
  • My fear of Overwatering at this Point is for Naught
  • As you can see in the comparison montage - she is making new biomass at a normal rate

Fancy Microbes:
  • I did splurge and added Tribus
  • My technique: added to soil using the free Tony Satcheree syringe that comes with his injection fluids.
  • Then the appropriate amount goes in reservoir mix

Increasing E.C. Slowly:
  • Also, I up'd nutrients a hair.
  • I have 1.0 EC or so in the bottom of the SIP Bucket and it is not dry yet.
  • So, I added some 2.0 to the mix to move the 1.0 EC up a bit
  • It will take a while for that to seep upwards
  • Much like the roots making their way to the bottom to get to it

Day 17 - Compare Back to Day 5.png

Dale PB:

Get ready for your head to spin when you look at this photo.

I did it as a joke for my brotherinlaw, to overwhelm him with data about my grow tent.

However, what I want you to hone in on is the growing styles all in one 4 x 4 tent.

(1) AutoPots - 5 gallon fabric bags
(2) BluMat Drippers - 2 gallon tall Rain Science bag
(3) SIP Bucket using GroBucket guts (3.5 gal this time / 5 gal is the usual)

Tell me this tent is not a Plant Dance Party in Action. :smoking:

Tent Tour Equipment.jpeg

perfect didn't realize that yup I tried them with the flush and still wasn't a fan but didn't give them a fair shot shame on me... I read too many stories of others having issue's which made me worry so I gave up with them and switched to DTW with coco and am much happier :shrug::goodluck::pop:

Day 19 - Rolling Along

She continues to grow without issues.

Nothing much to report other than to show photos of growth.

Also, below is a picture of Blackstrap and her sisters.

Day 19_Blackstrap_9659.jpeg
Day 19_Blackstrap_1_9686.jpeg
Day 57_Group Shot_9653.jpeg

Day 20 - A Little More Growth

Day 20 Top View Blackstrap.jpeg

Back