Indoor Blackstrap - Gnome Automatics x Brother Mendel

Blackstrap is a good one. Grew a few in my tent and all very pretty purple black and uniform shape. Was a hit with all who got some.

I hope my experience is as good as yours.

I can't remember how I found out about this one. However, the first time I went to find it I saw SOLD OUT at the places I checked.

A seed company email before Thanksgiving caught my eye and when I went to their website. It was in stock and on sale.

After this run I am going back to fem/regs for a turn. I think my last 3 have been AFs.

As you can see my current tent looks like the patrons in the Star Wars bar. :baked:

Blackstrap is a good one. Grew a few in my tent and all very pretty purple black and uniform shape. Was a hit with all who got some.

Another good one is APK ( Acid Patch Kids )from Old Sage Seeds ( he's hooked up with Gnome so it's an alternative supplier if you want more Blackstrap). I missed the APK grow n show test as I was in the middle of a grow but am waiting on those to drop ( currently still coming soon on the website)

Day 15 - Intro to Statistics & Full Spectrum LED's DLI

Charting Success:

Now that Blackstrap has been moved to the Big Kids tent, I'll start tracking enviromental stats.

This includes DLI, factors for VPD and the Nutrient Mix's E.C. and pH.

Since this is a SIP bucket, I'll be curious how the lower internal reservoir stays relative to the input nutrients.

It's the same curosity I have with the individual reservoirs on the AutoPots.

Below, is the chart I created for tracking my grow. Other charts have a few more lines for grows that uses an out-of-tent reservoir.

New Stats Day 15.png

LED Lighting and DLI Plan

I recently learned that there is a lot more light settings that I should follow than I realized.

What especially surprised me is the way lighting rises up through Veg,
only to drop dramatically in Flower and then start rising all over again.

I'll post the lighting chart that Pulse puts on their website.

Have you all been following this pattern?

It's going to be difficult doing this while I have plants at 50 days, 30 days and 15 days from Germ.

Lighting DLI By the Week.png

Day 16 - Blackstrap

It may have been wasted energy worring about moving her into the SIP Bucket too soon.

She continiues to keep adding biomass.

Still getting 1.0 EC. and DLI 20.

_MG_9605_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9645_Nik_openWith.jpeg

Day 15 - Intro to Statistics & Full Spectrum LED's DLI

Charting Success:

Now that Blackstrap has been moved to the Big Kids tent, I'll start tracking enviromental stats.

This includes DLI, factors for VPD and the Nutrient Mix's E.C. and pH.

Since this is a SIP bucket, I'll be curious how the lower internal reservoir stays relative to the input nutrients.

It's the same curosity I have with the individual reservoirs on the AutoPots.

Below, is the chart I created for tracking my grow. Other charts have a few more lines for grows that uses an out-of-tent reservoir.

View attachment 1546981

LED Lighting and DLI Plan

I recently learned that there is a lot more light settings that I should follow than I realized.

What especially surprised me is the way lighting rises up through Veg,
only to drop dramatically in Flower and then start rising all over again.

I'll post the lighting chart that Pulse puts on their website.

Have you all been following this pattern?

It's going to be difficult doing this while I have plants at 50 days, 30 days and 15 days from Germ.

View attachment 1546982

I use this one very similar but once lights get turned up they don’t get turn back down till the very end
B83D200E-81C1-473A-8835-D738C7F97635.jpeg

Your chart seems more inline with what I knew about.
I wouldn’t call it mine I found it on site here and just started following recently but previously I would turn the light up to 42 dli gradually over a couple days once first true leaves got to about 1” long and keep them at 42 dli for their whole life

Original light schedule:
“After the first set of true leaves are an inch or so long you can gradually turn the lights up over a few days to 42 DLI. Just think about it the sun does not have a dimmer switch. The plants can take it as long as the temp and RH are good at 78°F day 68°F night with RH>60% <75% for seedlings then >40%<60% as they mature.”

"Yours" just meant the one you posted.

I saw the website on there and I am going to read up there as well.

I did notice the one you post has AutoFlowers in the heading. Mine says nothing, but it could have been cut off by the person who presented to me. Maybe the one I have here is more suitable for Photos.

The only reason I am a little paranoid about lighting is because I have burned some plants lately. It's like I transfered my bad habit of overwatering over to making crispy leaves.

I wouldn’t call it mine I found it on site here and just started following recently but previously I would turn the light up to 42 dli gradually over a couple days once first true leaves got to about 1” long and keep them at 42 dli for their whole life

Original light schedule:
“After the first set of true leaves are an inch or so long you can gradually turn the lights up over a few days to 42 DLI. Just think about it the sun does not have a dimmer switch. The plants can take it as long as the temp and RH are good at 78°F day 68°F night with RH>60% <75% for seedlings then >40%<60% as they mature.”

Here is yet another DLI chart, this one is clearly for photoperiod. I say that because they use the term "initiated" when comes to flowering.

It was tagged as another item from Pulse/

1671219610655.png

Back