New Grower Black Stone Grow (LED in Coco) by AeonSophia

how goes the battle?

Black Stone 1 is starting its 4th set of leaves. Black Stone 2 is in seedling stage. I just got some Great White, which has micorrhizae, trichoderma, and beneficial bacteria, and some other good stuff. I'm thinking all the symbiotic fungus and bacteria will really help break down the organic nutrients to be utilized by the plants, and get some gnarly roots for more water uptake and really take advantage of the hydro aspect of coco. I'll be busy working for a couple days, but a full update with pics is coming soon.

Thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
I've been having a really hard time in my personal life, and it seems like it's showing even in my gardening endeavors. I fucking dropped this poor plant on the floor, just as its growth rate was really starting to pick up. Luckily the rootball was developed enough that I was able to do an early emergency transplant into a 3 gal pot without messing with the roots too much. I'm hoping the seaweed in the nutes and the recently innoculated fungus will help it recover from this unfortunate episode. The seedling looks kind of messed up too, and I'm not sure why. I can't tell if it's too dry, or if I misted it too much, if the light is too close, if the nutrients in the precharged coco are too srong. I have no idea. I'm more concerned about the bigger one though. The idea of growing my own weed plants is one of the only things keeping me going recently, and it's been pretty rough so far. I could really use some good vibes for me and my plants during these dark times.

Last edited:
Here it is, post impact, just after transplant, bent stem, crinkled leaves and all. Please hang in there!

20170120_042435-1.jpg

Last edited:
Plants look just fine to me. Take a few deep breathes before you work with your plants, talk to them let them know you just want the best for them. In time they'll respond and make you healthier and better able to handle the life stress.

The secret life of plants, two books are a great read. They tell the story of plants that show joy when the owners head home from work. Meaning the plant knows when you START home. Let them know you take a minute to center yourself and they'll respond that much better.

Thanks guys. You're all awesome. I've just been stressed about financial stuff, but in the big picture of what really matters, that's all just passing waves. Black Stone 1 is growing on like nothing happened and looks and smells amazing (not flowering smell of course, but a deep, rich plant aroma unlike anything else.) Black Stone 2.1 damped off like 2.0, but I still have four of those seeds left, and I'm not giving up. This time I'm not going to mist it until it gets well established, and I'm going start it in a cup so I can more easily tell how much water it needs. Also, before I plant it into the growing medium, I'm going to sprinkle some of the Great White into the hole so the root gets inoculated as soon as possible. I'm feeling hopeful about this one. I've already learned so much from my mistakes that I have a pretty good idea about how to make things go more smoothly.

I have to say, compared to plants, growing mushrooms was a cakewalk. These plants are a bit more needy, it seems. Of course my problem so far has been attempting to nurture them too much. Good thing I got all this fungus and bacteria to help toughen them up. Really though, it seems that sort of symbiotic relationship is something plants should have, since almost all plants in nature grow in soil rich with microbial and fungal life. Anyway, the growing continues, and I have 9 more Portal seeds left, so it's not stopping any time soon.

Last edited:
I germinated another Black Stone a few days ago in a paper towel after getting it moist and rolling it in Great White to inoculate it as soon as possible.

20170122_184922 (2).jpg

The next day the root was showing, and I sprinkled some more Great White in the hole and planted the seed. Now here it is a couple days later

20170124_232927.jpg

It looks better than all the rest so far. Nice thick green stem, no curling or wrinkling. I've concluded that my problem with the other seedlings damping off was a result of misting them too much, so I'm just going to hold off on the misting since I live in a naturally humid climate. Not to knock misting or foliar feeding. I'm sure they work great for lots of people in the right conditions. I'll be sure to give the coco time to dry a little bit before watering. I should also note that the coco was precharged unlike the first ones, and I cut way bigger drainage holes so water can run out more freely. I'm feeling really good about this one, having a much better idea of how to take care of them.

This one has been through so much, and I think it's finally getting a break. It has some holes in it, which I think were caused from damage when the leaves were still small and developing. There's a bit of a deformity near the holes, which strengthens my suspicion. There's no other sign of pests, and it seems too localized to be that or nutrient problems. I'll keep an eye on them, but I'm not too worried. I'm trying to decide if I want to do some low stress training, but maybe I'll just wait for the next one.

20170124_232900.jpg

20170124_232959.jpg

Last edited:
Back