New Grower Black Stone Grow (LED in Coco) by AeonSophia

Hey AeonSophia

I'm a little late, but subbed up! I've cut down the sides of plastic cups places the cups in my big pot and just pulled the cup up and out, to transplant autos. Works good.

When you get in your final pot you can put a two inch barrier of clay pebbles on top of your coco and that will keep nats from getting into your coco to lay eggs. And other bugs like thrips that have a soil life stage. I have used reptile sand in the past it also works, but it's too hard to clean for re- using so I only use it if I don't have pebbles.

I read where maybe you have over waters for a bit and had damping off, be sure you have good air movement through your closet and across your plants to avoid fungus, etc.

I'm curious about this stone seeds also.

Thanks, everyone. I'm hoping gnats wont be an issue, but if they are, these posts will help me be prepared to fight them. I'll definitely boil some water and run it through the coco that's been sitting in the closet once I get my new pots. Unfortunately this city all but shuts down when we're hit with more than a tiny amount of snow and I might be waiting a few more days. Once they get here though, I'll be germinating another Black Stone.

I have used reptile sand in the past it also works, but it's too hard to clean for re- using so I only use it if I don't have pebbles.

Glad I went with the pebbles and not the sand idea on the last visit to the grow shop

Sent from mTalk

Does anyone know why part of the stem and one of the big leaf's vein are turning red? Some sort of nutrient deficiency? I'm wondering if it might be the start of magnesium deficiency. I didn't precharge the coco, but I've been feeding 1/2 recommended dose of calmag, while doing only 1/4 of the other nutrients. Maybe I should try a weak foliar feed with full strength calmag. Or just up the calmag in my next watering to avoid lockout (apperently coco holds on to calcium and magnesium, causing deficiencies. It seems strange that it might be a deficiency since so many people say pants don't need any nutes until the 3rd set of leaves. Any ideas?

20170114_193321[1].jpg

It's the same Black Stone. It's growing really slowly and kind of has me worried.

I'm germinating another Black Stone right now and about to pop it into a new 3 gallon fabric pot of coco charged with 1/4 strenghth nutes and full strength calmag. I squeezed a good deal of nute water out by hand and put it in a fresh pot. I'm going to do the light circular watering method so it doesn't get overwatered. This one isn't going to get fucked up! At least in the same way...

Looks healthy, lever b . :pass:

Looking at what you posted and the dates, you should see exponential growth over the next few days.

Last edited:
my dragons, nov 5 but You're here. Its like lift off time.
IMG_1737.JPG

and three days later nov 8

IMG_1739.JPG

nov 20 so in the next 2 weeks this will happen.
IMG_1774.JPG

That seedling looks great I wouldnt do anything different with the next one. Dragons are not that vigorous from what I have seen. So no races to win but they are healthy strong plants and can take heavy feed so if you see any yellowing or fade...

Hab.

my dragons, nov 5 but You're here. Its like lift off time. View attachment 686861

and three days later nov 8

View attachment 686862

nov 20 so in the next 2 weeks this will happen. View attachment 686863

That seedling looks great I wouldnt do anything different with the next one. Dragons are not that vigorous from what I have seen. So no races to win but they are healthy strong plants and can take heavy feed so if you see any yellowing or fade...

Hab.

That does make me feel a bit better. I guess I'm just a little impatient and still worried about messing things up. I know these plants will grow as long as I give them decent conditions. I should have more faith in them. If it is some sort of nutrient deficiency, I'm sure it will work itself out as I start feeding them more frequently. I've only fed them like three times so far anyway as I've waited for the roots to develop.

Back