Nutrients Biotabs, Mephisto Grape Crinkle, Cobs, 315 CMH, Coco

Just to add, some of the few folks I know on here may notice I’ve had a name change.

That’s because I’m now going to be helping out Sir Biotabs F69 in the Biotabs section! Whoop whoop [emoji3]

So because Sir F69 is so busy travelling the world and living it up I will be here to try and help people with any queries and also to help anyone who wants to try out the lovely organic Biotabs growing system [emoji3] [emoji172]
Cool as fuck man!!

You're growing how I'm aiming to grow. Subbed and salivating dude lol

With the Biotabs - is bat guano absolutely needed? With Dolomite, will I need Calmag still? With the coco - do I water from the top to start with and is it okay to continue this way or is there some benefit to bottom watering with auto pots?

[emoji41]

Cool as fuck man!!

You're growing how I'm aiming to grow. Subbed and salivating dude lol

With the Biotabs - is bat guano absolutely needed? With Dolomite, will I need Calmag still? With the coco - do I water from the top to start with and is it okay to continue this way or is there some benefit to bottom watering with auto pots?

[emoji41]

Haha cheers dude! :pass:

Bat poop - I have used it and not used it. Nothing this grow, because I forgot! You only just reminded me :crying:

Dolomite - I put in a couple of tablespoons and don't use any additional calmag. This is mostly to do with my insanely hard tap water though. Some days its EC 0.8 from the tap! Chalky lands around here. I have got mag on hand if I need it though, but can't see me needing any calcium! I've done a few Biotabs grows with no calmag and not had issues. Just make sure to add the lime :thumbsup:

Coco watering - yeah man start top watering. And continue that way all the way through if you want. I'm not totally convinced there is any benefit to bottom feeding with coco, except with autopots. I have some plants (not on biotabs unfortunately!) that are top fed and they are looking as good as the two in autopots to be honest. I do water quite a bit in coco though. More than most recommend, especially with photosensitive plants. Water to run off pretty much every day from the start. As long as you start in small pots and pot up at the right time I think this is a good method.

Maybe best to ask Sir @Biotabs F69 if he thinks there is any benefit to bottom feeding by hand in coco with Biotabs? One thing I will say is bottom feeding does seem to keep all the coco nice and moist throughout the pot. This is what I'm aiming for when using coco, always damp. By watering to run off at least once a day there is always plenty of oxygen drawn into the coco :thumbsup:

Hope that helps in some way dude :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh I should say I also add some PK Booster Compost Tee to the soil mix mate.

And when I start them off in small pots, they just have Startrex and Mycotrex mixed into the soil. No tabs at that stage.

Bank holiday entertainment!

Hash popcorn and hash cornflakes cakes. Yum. About 3g in there [emoji23]

See ya!

aaedea9bd911998cbe200e3871aa545a.jpg

Haha cheers dude! :pass:

Bat poop - I have used it and not used it. Nothing this grow, because I forgot! You only just reminded me :crying:

Dolomite - I put in a couple of tablespoons and don't use any additional calmag. This is mostly to do with my insanely hard tap water though. Some days its EC 0.8 from the tap! Chalky lands around here. I have got mag on hand if I need it though, but can't see me needing any calcium! I've done a few Biotabs grows with no calmag and not had issues. Just make sure to add the lime [emoji106]

Coco watering - yeah man start top watering. And continue that way all the way through if you want. I'm not totally convinced there is any benefit to bottom feeding with coco, except with autopots. I have some plants (not on biotabs unfortunately!) that are top fed and they are looking as good as the two in autopots to be honest. I do water quite a bit in coco though. More than most recommend, especially with photosensitive plants. Water to run off pretty much every day from the start. As long as you start in small pots and pot up at the right time I think this is a good method.

Maybe best to ask Sir @Biotabs F69 if he thinks there is any benefit to bottom feeding by hand in coco with Biotabs? One thing I will say is bottom feeding does seem to keep all the coco nice and moist throughout the pot. This is what I'm aiming for when using coco, always damp. By watering to run off at least once a day there is always plenty of oxygen drawn into the coco [emoji106]

Hope that helps in some way dude [emoji106]
Okay cool [emoji106] Cheers for clearing that up for me :)

[emoji41]

Are you planning to start a Biotabs grow soon mate? What country are you in?
As soon as funds will allow. I'm starting from total scratch again so just got the tent sorted. Got pots, just need lights, medium and seeds. I'm on a Spanish island.

[emoji41]

Back