Nutrients BIOTABS HELP, CUSTOMER FEEDBACK & GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Right to be fair my brain is still damaged from last weekend but I think I’m getting this ...

If the ph in pot becomes more acidic over time due to the Dolomite lime, wouldn’t it be better NOT to ph your water down to 5.8 or whatever? Doing that is just going to make the issue more pronounced. Maybe the fact that we are constantly adding high PH water is “buffering” things as such?

Does that make sense to anyone else?

I am waiting to see how this discussion goes

Currently I have no dolomite lime (do have liquid calmag) and I am about to prep my coco for biotabs as I want to get this grow started

Currently I plan to run 5.8ph water through my 15L pot with coco and then look to mix the biotabs (adding no calmag).

My water naturally sits at EC0.3 and PH7 to PH8 (can’t remmeber exactly)

Ryker, have those SPG's been released yet? They sure have been showing very well! Skelly grew some drool makers recently- :drool:
... your pH meter will not like dirt diving mate, so skip that- :rofl:.....

>> :smoking: Hippy, so you too have added dolomite to coco and not had high pH issues? Duly noted mate,...

Oh, any lime source will raise pH over time, not lower it,... dolomite is often preferred with soil because it won't force pH over about 7.0, and it's slower acting, longer lasting vs. Ag/garden lime,... google the two and you'll see the molecular formula of dolomite is different that regular old CaCO3/MgCO3,.. this is the key to it's slower action,... In acidic conditions, the lime dissolves into component ions, free Ca++, Mg++ (if present), and carbonate CO3--, which pretty much instantly becomes bicarbonate HCO3-,... it has taken up a free H+, thereby reduces acidity..... So it's the carbonate that's involved directly with pH buffering.... pH adjusting your feeds, or water if necessary, before adding them in help preserve the buffering capacity of the medium,... soil really, if it's been limed; coco of course by itself has no buffering capacity at all, but is mildly acidic naturally like peat is I believe,... Keeping it lower in pH than true soil is mostly about it's CEC behavior, which is why it's treated more like hydro than soil....

>> Legal' I'd still suggest not adding lime to the coco(-nut! :rofl:).... the logic there is it's easy to add in Ca/Mg, impossible to take out in the form of lime,...if there's an issue with high pH,... I still want to hear from @Biotabs F69 on the matter,...:biggrin:

Legal' I'd still suggest not adding lime to the coco(-nut! :rofl:)

LEGENDARY song :worship:

In other news :smoking:... The SPG's are doing great, can't wait for the end product :bow:.

LEGENDARY song :worship:

In other news :smoking:... The SPG's are doing great, can't wait for the end product :bow:.

mines almost cooked smells really good

Quick question guys
I am going to follow the instructions with biotabs. I am not going to charge or pre buffer my coco
I am using canna coco professional plus which I believe has already been washed and buffered

My question, how long can I leave my coco and biotabs prepped for before I plant my seedling?

I have my seeds germinating how, which could take 24 or so hours.

I want to get my coco and biotabs mixed and sat in the pots. How long can that stay like this before they activate or does it take the water feed part to start that process?

You need to soak it with Orgatrex and Bactrex if you want to start the process :2cents:. Don't know how much time you can leave them prepared but in my opinion you can leave them for a week without a doubt.

You need to soak it with Orgatrex and Bactrex if you want to start the process :2cents:. Don't know how much time you can leave them prepared but in my opinion you can leave them for a week without a doubt.

Cheers mate, that’s good to know.
When I do my hole for the mycotrex, considering I am planting my germinated seed, how deep should I go with the hole?

Thanks

Cheers mate, that’s good to know.
When I do my hole for the mycotrex, considering I am planting my germinated seed, how deep should I go with the hole?

Thanks
they way i do it is mix the mycrotrex into the spot where you would be transplanting so lets say a 5-10cm hole with and depth and then place the seed down 5-10mm not too deep place a plastic cup or a bottle top on top of it so when it breaks the soil its nice a humid place for the lil seedling thats how i do it anyways

Cheers stoney
How much do you water for the first time.
I will be running a 15L pot.

they way i do it is mix the mycrotrex into the spot where you would be transplanting so lets say a 5-10cm hole with and depth and then place the seed down 5-10mm not too deep place a plastic cup or a bottle top on top of it so when it breaks the soil its nice a humid place for the lil seedling thats how i do it anyways

Back