Bio Bizz Knowledge base

Hey guys, pretty new to AFN and growing in general.

Im going to grow 2 plants in biobizz light mix 10L airpots, and use biobizz fishmix or grow, with bloom and top max. Root juice as the root stimulator. After I've mixed up a litre of nutes the pH is around 7.3 - 7.8. Do I really not have to change the pH balance? It's pretty much all I've read through this thread!

Also do I need perlite to add to the light mix?

Hope you've had a good weekend!

:pass::420:

biobizz light mix allready has about 10% perlite.most ive read others also mix in a lil more.i use biobizz light mix and mix in 25% perlite and 12% vermiculite.
soil is meant to buffer ph etc.or so they say,i prefare to adjust ph 6.3-6.9 before feeding.
good luck.
:pighug:

I'll add a touch more perlite.

What are you using to adjust your pH down @archie gemmill ? I've only got Dutch Pro pH down for grow and bloom. Dutch Pro was the nutes I was using before I decided to switch to biobizz. I normal pH my feed to 6.5 for soil and 5.8 for Coco.

Have you not run into any issues adjusting pH @archie gemmill ? I thought adjusting messed around with the soil and the root uptake?

:pass::headbang::420:

just some regular ph down.essential hydroponics i think is the make.shouldnt make a difference what make so assume your dutch pro ph up/down is fine to use again.
not run into any ph issues.
i think messing about high/low ph feedings,having a swing of ph is bad.adding large amounts of ph adjuster is bad.
adding a few drops,keeping the ph in the ballpark is ok.
good luck.
:pighug:

Hey guys, pretty new to AFN and growing in general.

Im going to grow 2 plants in biobizz light mix 10L airpots, and use biobizz fishmix or grow, with bloom and top max. Root juice as the root stimulator. After I've mixed up a litre of nutes the pH is around 7.3 - 7.8. Do I really not have to change the pH balance? It's pretty much all I've read through this thread!

Also do I need perlite to add to the light mix?

Hope you've had a good weekend!

:pass::420:
My nutes after mixing are around, 7.0-7.3, I personally leave that, I dont touch the PH. If it was up on 7.8, id adjust, to around 7.0, you dont need to go mad. I use cider vinegar to drop my ph

My nutes after mixing are around, 7.0-7.3, I personally leave that, I dont touch the PH. If it was up on 7.8, id adjust, to around 7.0, you dont need to go mad. I use cider vinegar to drop my ph
If i was to pH to 6.5 would that mess things up in the soil?
I'm gonna Germ some beans in the next couple of days. I always have some kinds of Def going in. Hopefully now I've changed to biobizz i wont have that problem as much

If i was to pH to 6.5 would that mess things up in the soil?
I'm gonna Germ some beans in the next couple of days. I always have some kinds of Def going in. Hopefully now I've changed to biobizz i wont have that problem as much
I wouldn't say it would mess things up, but Biobizz say if the water is 7.0, dont touch it, so i'd ph to that, let the soil do the rest. I find 0.5ml of vinegar, per liter, usually brings my ph down 0.1, so add 2 or 3ml and test. The less pissing around you do with ph, the better

I wouldn't say it would mess things up, but Biobizz say if the water is 7.0, dont touch it, so i'd ph to that, let the soil do the rest. I find 0.5ml of vinegar, per liter, usually brings my ph down 0.1, so add 2 or 3ml and test. The less pissing around you do with ph, the better

:thumbsup:

And just a small addition, the cider vinegar Ribbz is using is fine - like lemon juice is fine in biobizz - but putting in Phosphoric or Nitric acid in will bugger it all up :D

Keep it organic :D
:cheers:

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

And just a small addition, the cider vinegar Ribbz is using is fine - like lemon juice is fine in biobizz - but putting in Phosphoric or Nitric acid in will bugger it all up :D

Keep it organic :D
:cheers:
Forgot to mention that, cheers @blue

You dont wanna ruin your micro herd @DangerousDave87 thats what organic nutes rely on, use something organic to drop your ph

Back