New Grower Big Willie's Earthbox Auto Grow

What are your nutes you're using for flower?
I used some happy frog fruit and flower and some lobster compost. I was thinking in another week I might top dress a little happy frog cavern culture. If I had the $ right now I'd probably be using mammoth P once a week but I don't have the money for that now....

I didn't know... I am absolutely amazed by the difference between the last grow and this grow. I pretty much used the same soil mix, the same fertilizers, the same water... The only thing that was really different between the grows was the containers. I went from really good living soil fabric pots to the earthboxes and boom... Huge plants.
When these plants start to flower, the nute demands change.
What did you add to the top and when?

I used some happy frog fruit and flower and some lobster compost. I was thinking in another week I might top dress a little happy frog cavern culture. If I had the $ right now I'd probably be using mammoth P once a week but I don't have the money for that now....
Ok.........that's what I was looking for. I don't know anything about that happy frog fruit and flower. Most stuff you'd have on hand needs time to be available to the plant.
Depending when you last amended the top, I'd add more flowering nutes, lobster compost and get some Earthworm casting to add also. You don't want any nitrogen heavy nutes added at this point on.

I'd sooooo hate to see you being behind on your flower nutes and them starting to get spots. Not after them looking so good going into flower.

When these plants start to flower, the nute demands change.
What did you add to the top and when?
I added 1/4 cup of down to earth bio live, 1/4 cup of happy frog fruit and flower, and 2-3 cups of lobster compost... Probably 3 weeks ago. I'll have to go back and look to see for sure when. I also thought about adding a few worms to each pot...

So it was may 1st that I top dressed... So 17 days ago... I was anticipating pre flower and the stretch.... Now I'm just anticipating flowering... So I was thinking about adding 1/4 cup of the cavern culture.... Or I do have some Dr earth flower girl I could top dress with tonight.

So it was may 1st that I top dressed... So 17 days ago... I was anticipating pre flower and the stretch.... Now I'm just anticipating flowering... So I was thinking about adding 1/4 cup of the cavern culture.... Or I do have some Dr earth flower girl I could top dress with tonight.
I'd do whatever had the least amount of nitrogen, more lobster compost, and EWC.................EWC is really important.
This could be your last top dressing needed.
What day are they on?

Get some pics of what it looks like under your covers. That can give an idea on how much compost needs to be added and a gage on how well that life is doing there.

I'd do whatever had the least amount of nitrogen, more lobster compost, and EWC.................EWC is really important.
What day are they on?

Get some pics of what it looks like under your covers. That can give an idea on how much compost needs to be added and a gage on how well that life is doing there.
The Dr earth flower girl is 3-9-5 and the cavern culture is 1-12-0 I think it has seabird and bat guano in it... Not sure what else. Last I looked under the covers I didn't even see any feeder roots at all. But it's been a week since I looked. The soil already had a good amount of fertilizer in it already. I might just top dress a 1/4 cup each... Flower girl and cavern culture... And a cup of 2 of casting...

What day are they on?

I actually too the runt out of the tent and it still looks fuller in there than it did after the lollypopping. I was trying to get the neighbor to take the runt... But I don't think he will. It looks good and super healthy. I'm not sure what to do with it. I hate to toss it, can't find anyone to give it to.... Don't really have room for it in the tent. I suppose I could try putting it somewhere outside and see how that goes.
PXL_20220516_091607086.MP.jpg
PXL_20220516_091602365.MP.jpg
PXL_20220516_091604817.MP.jpg

I actually too the runt out of the tent and it still looks fuller in there than it did after the lollypopping. I was trying to get the neighbor to take the runt... But I don't think he will. It looks good and super healthy. I'm not sure what to do with it. I hate to toss it, can't find anyone to give it to.... Don't really have room for it in the tent. I suppose I could try putting it somewhere outside and see how that goes. View attachment 1460155View attachment 1460156View attachment 1460157
Did turn out ok! Try outside. If it's legal for you, just do it.

I think you have a good handle on things. Just remember it can take time for amendments to be available and plan accordingly.

Did turn out ok! Try outside. If it's legal for you, just do it.

I think you have a good handle on things. Just remember it can take time for amendments to be available and plan accordingly.
I might just toss it in the 2x4 tent and put a smaller light on it... Its not legal and I forgot I don't want to have to water it outside twice a day ..

Back