New Grower Big Willie's Earthbox Auto Grow

Final defoliation... Hoping to start harvest in 2-3 weeks for some of the plants.
PXL_20220529_033524342.MP.jpg
PXL_20220529_033531049.MP.jpg
PXL_20220529_033539596.MP.jpg

My current observations of these strains...

The 2 Rhino Ryder plants are both in the middle front and back. If you look closely you can tell that these buds are going to have a lot more trimming labor. I like the structure and smell of these plants but I'm not so thrilled about the bud to leaf ratio.

The cream cookies is in the back left corner and it is definitely one of the 2 I am most excited to try this run. It's buds are super greasy. It smells amazing. The bud to leaf ratio is much better than the Rhino Ryder. This plant looks like a winner.

The Double Grape is in the front right corner. It's bud to leaf ratio is also much better than the Rhino Ryder. It is also pretty greasy and smells wonderful. The colas aren't as long as on the cream cookies but it is still going to yield well as all the nugs look full and thick.

Sour stompers are looking to be the disappointment of the run. Unless they fill in a lot more, which they could do, they will have much thinner smaller colas. They are the tallest plants in the tent and are looking like they will yield the least. But I could be wrong. They do smell much better than they did before. I'm still excited to try smoking them, just not as much as the double grape and cream cookies.

Last edited:
Thanks for all these updates on your grow. I follow them and learn from them. I hope the smoke is what you hope for!

Thanks for all these updates on your grow. I follow them and learn from them. I hope the smoke is what you hope for!
Thanks for following along. I'm pretty new to growing autos indoors and learn a lot from other guys on here and YouTube. To be honest the only reason I do these threads is so maybe someone else like me, will have an easier time learning than I did by seeing my successes and mistakes. That's what I think these forums are missing sometimes. Your comment is encouraging to me to keep doing these threads.

So I am already trying to decide what strains to grow next... If I use the 4x4 again, I'm thinking 4 larger strains. 1 of each. In the original size earthboxes.

I am thinking hard about buying a taller 2x4 tent and switching to that tent and retiring the 4x4. If I did that, I would probably only do 2 plants... Possibly 3 but most likely 2. I think I am going to break out some of my unicorn seeds. You haven't been able to get Dinafem autos and most Humboldt Seed Organization autos for over a year now. I have a 5 pack of the Dinafem Moby Dick XXL autos and two 3 packs of the HSO blue dream autos and I want to grow 1 of each to see how well I like them. If I really like either one... The next run will be a seed run with that strain...

If I wait on the 2x4 and use the 4x4 for another run, I will also grow a Dinafem blue cheese auto and a HSO UK Cheese auto. I need to determine if the Dinafem and HSO genetics are something I feel the need to preserve... Or if they are something I can just let go of.

Here is the link to my next grow for anyone who wants to follow. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/big-willies-earthbox-auto-grow-2-0.87911/ It will start in October. It will feature the following:

A 4x4 tent with 4 medium sized autoflowers in original size earthboxes. This will be an organic grow in soil. The strains I will be growing in the 4x4 are one of each of the following:
Dinafem Blue Cheese
Fastbuds Original Blueberry
Twenty20 Mendocino Durban Sunrise
Dutch Passion Banana Blaze

I will also run a 2x4 tent with 3 earthbox juniors and some smaller strains. One of each of the following:
Mephisto Sour Crack
Mephisto Sour Livers
Mephisto Skywalker x Creme de la Chem "freebie"

Last edited:
So I am not saying I dislike sour stomper. It's a good strain. But I have grown 4 now and here are my observations. It tends to be more sensitive to deficiencies than some other strains... It get purple stems when other plants don't. It does seem to grow very consistent. If you are looking for an auto strain that is very uniform from plant to plant, this might be a good one to choose. Also the fan leaves on this strain seem to die off sooner than other strains. All 4 plants I have harvested had a lot of brown crispy leaves.
PXL_20220607_214921869.MP.jpg

Thanks for following along. I'm pretty new to growing autos indoors and learn a lot from other guys on here and YouTube. To be honest the only reason I do these threads is so maybe someone else like me, will have an easier time learning than I did by seeing my successes and mistakes. That's what I think these forums are missing sometimes. Your comment is encouraging to me to keep doing these threads.

Here’s a +1 from the future saying thank you for this. I’m about to run larger Earthboxes for the first time and this was very educational. I’ll be following your next/current grow. Cheers.

Back