New Grower Beware of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

Mine are doing okay with 50/50 Ocean Forest and Happy Frog.
Northern Lights AF and Fast & Vast AF.

17 days from sprouts pushing through the soil.

17 days.jpg

I tested 14 bags today at my local Garden Center. EVERY single one of the FFOF bags were below 5 pH.

I used a Kelway Soil Meter. He made me tape up all the bags after I was done. He was MAD AS HELL that he bought this stuff and said he would be calling them.

Anyways, Thought you should know. I am in the Mid-South area near the Mississippi River.

Damn Moose, that's crappy. Hopefully he tells anyone who tries to buy them, or just sends them back.

i got a bag of FFOF and placed my popped beans into before reading this, checked PH which read 5, then flushed with regular tap water with a ph of 7ish. runoff was 5 using a GH dropper. now i have to wait till the soil is dry enough so i can start feeding my seedlings. but i have placed a couple lime balls in the pots to help raise the ph

I tested 14 bags today at my local Garden Center. EVERY single one of the FFOF bags were below 5 pH.
It's probably not any consolation, but the bags of FF Happy Frog I bought were around 4 until I limed them. Pretty lame if you ask me.

My grow partner ordered four bags of happy frog from local garden store. All four bags were full of yellow mold. I've had histoplasmosis in the past and seeing the spores scared the hell out of me

how much should I add if my ph is at 5.3 with some lime premixed in 4 gallon bucket?

happy frog soil was so bad...I shouldn't of used it.

Power is the word of mouth for sure. I'm done with ffof, wrecked back to back grows for me until I figured it out. But there's a silver lining in all this....I went back to coco and that was the best thing that happened. Phenomenal root growth and I have trees in two gallon pots!

I have wanted to buy some Ocean Forest but I am in doubt now:) I see some "how to grow autoflower" type articles and most of them give an advice that using 50:50 coco&perlite mix

Back