New Grower Beware of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

I think its new. yesterday first time I got a bag with acceptable ph. 6.1. happy frog 6.3 I get mine from east coast also

You take the warnings here with a grain of salt.

Thankss and Noted, Ive been using fox farm ocean for my most recent grow and PH has been a steady 6.3

Hey guys im new to this site and also new to autoflowering.

My question is that i just started a Northern Light auto-fem in ocean forest soil, it is a seedling and didnt even pop out the soil yet. So to my questions:

Is it to late?
Should i transfer out of the soil in a week or two?
What makes the soil so bad for autos?

Appreciate the responses and happy to be apart of this site.

it usually comes with a low ph. but lately mine has been spot on at 6.8. its also kinda hot for autos but I use it and havnt had them problems of being to hot. but I mix 50/50 with happy frog. no I wouldn't transplant you would almost surely fuck it up then. just let her go. im sure yull be fine. peace

it usually comes with a low ph. but lately mine has been spot on at 6.8. its also kinda hot for autos but I use it and havnt had them problems of being to hot. but I mix 50/50 with happy frog. no I wouldn't transplant you would almost surely fuck it up then. just let her go. im sure yull be fine. peace

Thanks for the response. Yeah, i heard autos dont like any stress so i was just going to let it go as is. But yeah tomorrow i will test he pH, which i should of done in the first place. I was just taking Foxfarms word on the pH. Its still a seedling so im assuming i have time to switch the pH if need be.

Sup guys, first time AF grower thanks to the Flash Seeds contest (Thanks guys!). Anyways, I stumbled on this and was wondering if anyone had any source material on this? Anything from FF acknowledging this problem and suggesting any kind of fix?

I only ask because the 50/50 Ocean Forrest - Happy Frog mix (+ 1/2 cup dolo lime) is an especially popular mix among the majority of soil growers I know.

On some non-AF I have going right now, I didn't check the PH when I first mix, but did check after the first 3 days and it was an acceptable 6.3. I might have got lucky, but I will definitely start checking those bags when I open them from now on.

Any way to ID the bags with what facility they were mixed at or a specific "LOT Number" to avoid? Should I ask the guys at the grow store if they know where the mix came from?

Anyways, thanks for any info, I'm gonna have to let some people know to start checking too.

Sup guys, first time AF grower thanks to the Flash Seeds contest (Thanks guys!). Anyways, I stumbled on this and was wondering if anyone had any source material on this? Anything from FF acknowledging this problem and suggesting any kind of fix?

I only ask because the 50/50 Ocean Forrest - Happy Frog mix (+ 1/2 cup dolo lime) is an especially popular mix among the majority of soil growers I know.

On some non-AF I have going right now, I didn't check the PH when I first mix, but did check after the first 3 days and it was an acceptable 6.3. I might have got lucky, but I will definitely start checking those bags when I open them from now on.

Any way to ID the bags with what facility they were mixed at or a specific "LOT Number" to avoid? Should I ask the guys at the grow store if they know where the mix came from?

Anyways, thanks for any info, I'm gonna have to let some people know to start checking too.

To my knowledge Fox Farms has never acknowledged this issue. It's been going on for over 2 years now, so I'd be very surprised if they weren't aware of it. If memory serves me, it was primarily from one of their facilities, I think on the east coast.

To my knowledge Fox Farms has never acknowledged this issue. It's been going on for over 2 years now, so I'd be very surprised if they weren't aware of it. If memory serves me, it was primarily from one of their facilities, I think on the east coast.

well good to know, I'll definitely keep a closer eye on them :)

:smoke:Aloha everyone~

This is important to me.
I've been using FFOF for most of my grows, however, I did recently notice that the word 'Organic' no longer appears on the front and I think it use to be. Now it says "Organic & Natural" instead. With the organic market being what it is today (40+ billion dollar annual industry), you know they would have the word Organic all over it, if it were so, imo.

I have since switched to Roots Organic soil in hopes of producing a better organic end result, with a few amendments like dolomite, azomite, glacial rock dust, happy frog general fert 5-5-5, & bio-ag T7 humic. Plenty of soil-recipes out there, I'm just winging it so to speak.

From personal experience I found that FF Light Warrior is great for babies, seedlings, freshly rooted clones, seed-germing etc. I have never had a problem using it and use it (for transplants) in the top portion of the pot above my amended soil in the bottom 2/3 of the pot. Maybe it could work for Autos too?

I'm buying one of those soil PH meters tho... someday. Very cool (plus that whole web site is full of great "stuff").

Aloha:Aloha:<---- This lil thing is beyond cute

:smoke:Aloha everyone~

This is important to me.
I've been using FFOF for most of my grows, however, I did recently notice that the word 'Organic' no longer appears on the front and I think it use to be. Now it says "Organic & Natural" instead. With the organic market being what it is today (40+ billion dollar annual industry), you know they would have the word Organic all over it, if it were so, imo.

I have since switched to Roots Organic soil in hopes of producing a better organic end result, with a few amendments like dolomite, azomite, glacial rock dust, happy frog general fert 5-5-5, & bio-ag T7 humic. Plenty of soil-recipes out there, I'm just winging it so to speak.

From personal experience I found that FF Light Warrior is great for babies, seedlings, freshly rooted clones, seed-germing etc. I have never had a problem using it and use it (for transplants) in the top portion of the pot above my amended soil in the bottom 2/3 of the pot. Maybe it could work for Autos too?

I'm buying one of those soil PH meters tho... someday. Very cool (plus that whole web site is full of great "stuff").

Aloha:Aloha:<---- This lil thing is beyond cute
Aloha, Hapa :) I wouldn't fret much over the label change. I reckon its like "new and improved" on stuff.. often, the only improvement was the new label design...lolol
As for the light warrior idea.. I've done the same, and had great results! I've since started using Sunshine#4 mix for the seedling layer, with equally good results.
Lolol on the emoji... Happy Hula Zombie.... lolol
Tokes to you! :Sharing One:

Back