New Grower Beware of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

You're very welcome, glad to help. I would avoid using that soil. Autos, especially seedlings, do no like or need a lot of nutrients. That NPK ratio is much too high for autos.

Well, I really wish I joined this forum before I started my girls. The dirt is burning them and it killed my CBD Princess!!! I confused it with growing regular.

I saw this soil on home depot that I thought would be ok but now I'm just sticking to what you all use :)

FF OF Soil isn't good... after 2 weeks in the soil. I don't recommend it all.
100_0560.jpg

great information as always.kellogg patio plus potting soil contains the same ingredients as fox farms for 1/3 the price and I have had good luck with it growing photos. it is commonly available (lowes,home depot) and is cheaper than miracle grow but works much better.this might be a good substitute for those who do not have access to a hydro shop. the chart is very useful thanks for all the great information

Is Happy Frog exempt from the Fox Farm curse?

Never Growed with Fox Farm Soil as we have Plenty of Canna(the brand) Soil at our stores over here but a really good Description how to test the ph in the Soil Muddy.

Has anyone sent FF a nice email to ask them why such low PH?

Well, I really wish I joined this forum before I started my girls. The dirt is burning them and it killed my CBD Princess!!! I confused it with growing regular.

I saw this soil on home depot that I thought would be ok but now I'm just sticking to what you all use :)

Hey HS, heads up....Home Depot carries a large black bail of Sunshine Mix #4 Aggregate, and is a great medium!!!! It is comparable to Pro-mix and comes in a large 3.8cf bail for around 35 bucks!!! It is alot of soil, but well worth your time and money to check out!!

I got 2 of the bigger bags of ffof at a farm supply for under $10. a bag and am using it on my first grow and read this. so I had to check. soil ph is 6.6 and tested the run off with my ph meter and the same ph. maybe I got an old bag or a new improved bag. either way i'll be keeping an eye on this. thanks for the heads up

I think its new. yesterday first time I got a bag with acceptable ph. 6.1. happy frog 6.3 I get mine from east coast also

Best way to check pH

1 part soil
2 parts distilled water

Mix in a glass, let sit 1-4 hours.
Strain soil and test water.

It takes at least an hour for your water to react with everything in the soil, testing the run off is not a very accurate way to measure pH.

Back