New Grower Beware of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

Never had a problem with FFOF. After extensive testing my current batch came out at 6.48. I'm sure, like all prepackaged soils, you can get some bad batches.

I've never used ff soil I just use my own compost and lamberts organic potting media mixed with added perlite, I do use some FF nutrients however very sparingly.
Good info and thanks I'll pass the word around.

wow this is some heavy shit. Anyone have any ideas why the PH is so low? Don't see anyone saying anything bad about Happy Frog.

I actually use it ,mix it with happy frog ,wouldn't say it's the best soil and when I can will get better but I have used it successfully.

FF is a "ok" soil to grow in .. There is better.. Just make sure they check the PH before you buy a bag.. Also garden Lime is "key" using FF soil.. I use it.. for now..

I've seen ffof with the wrong perlite ( m-gro) and the plants struggled through every stage. Believe it was nirvana blue mystic. Lots of dried tips and yellow problems early on. After a week of lots of water then intro of terpinator to daily flowering watering he seemed to rescue an ounce per plant under 600w MH and HPS 18-6. Wasn't fantastic by any means but was his first shot and saved some meds. Two others were in happy frog with vermiculite and had big bloom, and I think open sesame with terpinator, chaching and Britta filtered watter under same light. WOW! The difference between everything was so evident. I know it isn't the best comparison because of all the different variables but the point is that he didn't burn the plants in happy frog with all those nutrients. Even when he was medicated and decided "more is more " with terpinator. Ocean forest, the bags dude had, seemed to be incompatible with that strain due to the tons of nutrient issues right off the bat that seemed only to be sorted with a Noah sized flood of clean water.

Just my bud's experience with his very first grow...

Not quite. I saw one today that shows it better. I just need to get permission to use it.

If you're already at 6.5 there isn't the need to add any extra. Too much could raise it beyond the desired level.
does it look like this? NB:The whiter looking bits is just flash reflection.
20160525_191728-1.jpg

Still haven't received a bad bag yet 6.5 on the money

Hey guys, first time “serious” grower here, first time ever with autos. I am 9 days in, everything was going fine until about day 6-7, then growth kind of just stalled. The plant grows about 1/4-1/2 inch vertically every 12 hours or so, but nothing from the canopy since the 3rd and 4th fan leaves appeared around day 7.
I use FFOF mixed 2:1 with Organic Perlite. So I haven’t done much PH testing at all yet, I surely will now when I get home from work. Being new to this, I didn’t want to go crazy with techniques and being a helicopter dad lol. So PH is something I neglected :/ bc I know some ppl do to success.
Guess my input here is, along with what I stated above as far as my progress, is the stem does that purple hue to it. But I haven’t taken it too much as a negative bc the canopy still looks nice and boldly green, the 2 original bigger fan leaves look to be healthy and strong with no signs of deficiencies. Guess I’m just stressed as to why it visually appears healthy, but growth has slowed dramatically since the most important leaves for feeding itself have established themselves.
Again, I am on day 9 right now, have done moderate watering as to not over do it for the seedlings. And plan on implementing the FF Trio of Nutes when the time is right over the next week or so. I know this post is a bit vague compared to all the info most of the more established growers on here post, but if anyone has any insight to this info provided, it would be super appreciated.
My grow is just 1 Blueberry Ghost OG Auto.
6F0CAB03-B452-49EE-AF68-1030BF6B2531.jpeg

Also, if this post is too unrelated to this thread, then my apologies. I just have a pretty based grow around Fox Farms products. And have had trouble traversing this website to find the best threads for me to be in.

Back