best way to sprout seeds

If it helps I use a ferry-morse 10x20 17.5 watt matt beneath my propagator. What I found was that in my hands a temperature controller was a must (its a sad story lol). I happened to have an older Johnson controls A419 kicking around which I set for 74F. If your not a control electrician I'd recommend some form of temperature controlled mat however you care to achieve this. This works wonders for my paper towel method and then after with my doubled keg cups still in propagator.

I think I will plant straight in moist medium for my next grow, I understand some members do it that way.
@automan2 May I ask what kind of heat mat do you use under your pots ?
Vivosun mat with thermostat... set at 80f.

I think I will plant straight in moist medium for my next grow, I understand some members do it that way.
Last time I did it the Ronin way but I want to try a more "natural" way :)
Vivosun mat with thermostat... set at 80f.
Thanks !
So you put this directly under your final pots ?

Thanks !
I think the ronin way is for the win

I think the ronin way is for the win
Hey mate, yes it worked, but I would like to try planting directly in final pot - Maybe I didn't understand well the method lol
By the way, why is it not a prefered method ?
Maybe the germinating rate is not as good as other methods ?
Just asking

Thanks !
No, I only use the heat mat for the germ/seedling area. After transplanting, all are moved to a bloom area where pots/airpots are raised off floor in cold weather.

No argument here but I Have no idea what a 'ronin' technique is but I've definitely seen some convoluted ways some germ a simple seed. Perhaps managing a (legal)seed business was my advantage. My own simple way is 100% so why change?

Hey mate, yes it worked, but I would like to try planting directly in final pot - Maybe I didn't understand well the method lol
By the way, why is it not a prefered method ?
Maybe the germinating rate is not as good as other methods ?
Just asking
I just found this way worked for me but I have started them before directly in the pot before but all mine go in solo cups before the final pot
No argument here but I Have no idea what a 'ronin' technique is but I've definitely seen some convoluted ways some germ a simple seed. Perhaps managing a (legal)seed business was my advantage. My own simple way is 100% so why change?
I normally share to people who are struggling but each to there own

I've been doing carbon filtered water in a shot glass with a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide on a seedling mat. I lightly sand the tips of the seed before dropping in water. So far 100% germination rate like this. Once they have a tap root they go into soil or coco. I've had seeds germinate as fast as 4-6 hours doing it this way.

I think the PT method is frowned upon because the paper pulp is chlorinated. I’ve had 100% success with the PT Method. I used to sand the seed before soaking in water. Now I scarify with hydrogen peroxide solution before soaking in a wet PT. I think there are bigger things to worry about.
PT method is generally frowned upon because it actually rips tiny roots, that you can't really see, off when you remove it from the towel

Back