best way to sprout seeds

Reaction score
do you soak the seeds for24 hrs then paper towel or soak seeds then into soil or just str8 to soil?
where i get my seeds they say paper towel or no warranty.
my issue is everytime i go with paper towels is the tap root sometimes does a 360 and i have no idea how to plant them.
if they grow they're runts

The runts have nothing to do with the direction of the tap root/seed casing. I prefer a moist pt folded over seeds on a small plate with an inverted plate on top, in a ziploc. There is no best method imo

Drop in water & as soon as they sink, pull out & bury. I also find laying the seed on it’s side appears to allow the shell to come off before the seedling breaks the soil surface.
- YMMV

I use a rag an a Tupperware I put it on top of my router for my internet

How bout just planting a seed in moist medium on heat mat. After couple of decades growing perpetually, I've yet to see anything better.

where i get my seeds they say paper towel or no warranty.

may I ask where that is??? That’s just doesn’t sound right :doh: :nono: :shrug:

I have done the paper towel method but have gone away from it.. I soak my seed for 3-5 hr in warm RO water with a touch of humic and kelp on a heat mat then directly into their final home.. This method have been the best for me :biggrin:

First, I soak the seed for 12-24hrs. After 12hrs I try to tap the seed down into the water (RO or Dechlorinated Tap). Then, I prefer using the paper towel method. (wet paper towel, folded once on the seed in a ziplock bag (or clear cd case) set on something warm. I use a germination heat pad set at 76F.)

You can't see inside the soil, so with a paper towel you guarantee proper moisture and a visible taproot is achieved which can be planted with the taproot down. :peace:

Back