Mephisto Genetics Best Size Airpot?

I bought some 5 gallon ones, but after having bought them, I read 3 gallon is the most popular choice (and I probably would've chosen those in hindsight). Overall I'm sure it's just a matter of preference, and what best suits your needs..
They all run small FYI. My 5gal says actual size 3.6 gal…

I bought the 3 Gallon pots. I tried a run in my tents. I severely disliked them. My fabric pots will soak up any water that gets out the sides. But the air pots have stand off on bottom so I had to police all my run off. In my fabric pots you'll get some water they will escape if you do a wet to dry cycle but with air pots I had a lot of soil come out. I decided to just use outside last year for veggie garden and to never use in my tent. Half way into outdoor veggie season this year and I have been using a mix of air pots and fabric pots and honestly all of mine will get on yard sale table next time I got one. I absolutely love the way they look but hate the way they work.

I bought the 3 Gallon pots. I tried a run in my tents. I severely disliked them. My fabric pots will soak up any water that gets out the sides. But the air pots have stand off on bottom so I had to police all my run off. In my fabric pots you'll get some water they will escape if you do a wet to dry cycle but with air pots I had a lot of soil come out. I decided to just use outside last year for veggie garden and to never use in my tent. Half way into outdoor veggie season this year and I have been using a mix of air pots and fabric pots and honestly all of mine will get on yard sale table next time I got one. I absolutely love the way they look but hate the way they work.
You get true runoff with them. I run a buckethead vacum and suck it out after watering.

They all run small FYI. My 5gal says actual size 3.6 gal…
First of all pot sizes in the nursery business are all screwed up. A trade 5 is basically the size of a true 2gal. There are probably 40 sizes of gallon trade pots and a true gallon.
I don't have the true airpots but the ones I have are a little wider than 12 and about the same high. People measured them at 4.4 gallons. They are pretty close to my 5-gallon size cloth pots. The problem is they only fit three wide in a 48 x 48 tray. I would not want the 3-gallon myself. They don't hold as much water as a cloth pot so you would be watering all the time on your larger plants.

Back