Mephisto Genetics Best Size Airpot?

Excellent thank you! Your DWC setup looks great, if I wasn't so comfortable with coco I'd be giving that a try, looks too complicated for me. I'll order these airpots asap:)
Dwc took me a bit of work. But it is well worth it. My plant is at 59 days and it looks ready to harvest. I've had no coco experience so I might have to try that some time. Sorry if I missed it, but what will you be growing?

heres my 15L or 4gallon i think in my opinion there great and could even use a bigger one there is no room wasted top to bottom i use soil in a 1m x 1m x2m with four of them heres some pics of the roots
IMG_20170710_160352.jpg
IMG_20170710_160512.jpg
IMG_20170710_160556.jpg
IMG_20170710_161132.jpg
IMG_20170710_161144.jpg
you can see the main roots quite clear but what you cant see in the pics is the dense matt of tiny roots

I've grown in airpots for 7 years. Photos and autos and I love the pots for a myriad of reasons, but I honestly think they are better suited for photoperiods. You can start seeds/clones in prop cells and then pot up so that root development explodes into the bigger pot. The results are mind boggling! These pots start trees and the owner of airpotusa is savy enough to welcome cannibis growers with welcoming arms.

If you're deadset on airpots I agree with @Vorkosigan comment above and it's best to choose size according to your set up, but your medium in said airpots will determine the size of the plants in addition to your environment. I use red bottoms with tupur and I can get decent size med to tall plants in those with photos.

For autos I'd say go as big as you can afford and have space for. My growing experience has taught me that the longer that auto taproot has to travel, the bigger your plant will be. I've yet to get big autos in soil with my redbottm pots. Ive grown in all the popular brands of soil including buildasoils modern mix 2.0.

In coco I could grow trees in the red bottom airpots. Tupur is not quite as good as straight coco, but darn sure good enough for growers who can source it. I also have a blue bottom airpot that grows mini trees, but I rather grow my California 6 in smaller pots rather than 1 big one since I can keep my COBs right on top of them for a good canopy blast of PLC goodness. Again these pots start trees so the bigger the better in soil, the smaller the better for coco. I've seen 6ft single cola plants grown in prop cells only. The possibilities are endless with airpots!!

Sorry for the long post but I try and give insight with details to help you see different sides of the coin and the fun about these plants is that you can keep on experimenting to your heart's desire. I tend to use my Mephisto freebies for experiments so I don't waste my paid for seeds. Thanks again @Mitch and crew!

Hey all, title explains everything I need to know. Looking to purchase air pots go trial my growing with, what's the best one out there / the best general size for the majority of mephisto strains? Thank you guys in advance for the help!

-Bunny

It depends on the strain, light setup & tent space.
I use 5 gallon Air Pots for more indica, squatter strains, while a 3 gallon for sativa like beasts to manage them.

That being said, you must know of two fairly important failure points for Air Pots:

A) the blue plugs that connect the Air Pots together tend to SPRAY out water & soil if watered too fast.
B) If for some ungodly reason you get Aphids or Fungus Gnats, the Air Pots provide plenty of open holes to lay eggs in!!

Other than that, they're good containers & I prefer them to Smart Pots only because of the uniformity of them - Smart Pots tend to create uneven bottom layers if not tended to properly.

I've grown in airpots for 7 years. Photos and autos and I love the pots for a myriad of reasons, but I honestly think they are better suited for photoperiods. You can start seeds/clones in prop cells and then pot up so that root development explodes into the bigger pot. The results are mind boggling! These pots start trees and the owner of airpotusa is savy enough to welcome cannibis growers with welcoming arms.

If you're deadset on airpots I agree with @Vorkosigan comment above and it's best to choose size according to your set up, but your medium in said airpots will determine the size of the plants in addition to your environment. I use red bottoms with tupur and I can get decent size med to tall plants in those with photos.

For autos I'd say go as big as you can afford and have space for. My growing experience has taught me that the longer that auto taproot has to travel, the bigger your plant will be. I've yet to get big autos in soil with my redbottm pots. Ive grown in all the popular brands of soil including buildasoils modern mix 2.0.

In coco I could grow trees in the red bottom airpots. Tupur is not quite as good as straight coco, but darn sure good enough for growers who can source it. I also have a blue bottom airpot that grows mini trees, but I rather grow my California 6 in smaller pots rather than 1 big one since I can keep my COBs right on top of them for a good canopy blast of PLC goodness. Again these pots start trees so the bigger the better in soil, the smaller the better for coco. I've seen 6ft single cola plants grown in prop cells only. The possibilities are endless with airpots!!

Sorry for the long post but I try and give insight with details to help you see different sides of the coin and the fun about these plants is that you can keep on experimenting to your heart's desire. I tend to use my Mephisto freebies for experiments so I don't waste my paid for seeds. Thanks again @Mitch and crew!
No thank you man, that's some great information! I think I'm going to experiment with the smaller auto pots to give the illuminauto's a whirl, as I've slightly stunted the growth of my last batch as I was putting the seed in the starter pod, putting that into an uber small square container (when I say small, I mean size of a baby's fist small) and from there transplant to the final pot about two weeks from sprout. Thank you for the great information man!

It depends on the strain, light setup & tent space.
I use 5 gallon Air Pots for more indica, squatter strains, while a 3 gallon for sativa like beasts to manage them.

That being said, you must know of two fairly important failure points for Air Pots:

A) the blue plugs that connect the Air Pots together tend to SPRAY out water & soil if watered too fast.
B) If for some ungodly reason you get Aphids or Fungus Gnats, the Air Pots provide plenty of open holes to lay eggs in!!

Other than that, they're good containers & I prefer them to Smart Pots only because of the uniformity of them - Smart Pots tend to create uneven bottom layers if not tended to properly.
Awesome man, thank you! I'm going to try in between, probably the three gallon airpot from amazon. I've got the mosquito and gnat bits ready for action to fend off those unwelcomed lil critters!

No thank you man, that's some great information! I think I'm going to experiment with the smaller auto pots to give the illuminauto's a whirl, as I've slightly stunted the growth of my last batch as I was putting the seed in the starter pod, putting that into an uber small square container (when I say small, I mean size of a baby's fist small) and from there transplant to the final pot about two weeks from sprout. Thank you for the great information man!

Awesome man, thank you! I'm going to try in between, probably the three gallon airpot from amazon. I've got the mosquito and gnat bits ready for action to fend off those unwelcomed lil critters!
Anytime! Good luck with your upcoming projects! :greenthumb:

Back