Mephisto Genetics Best Size Airpot?

coolbunny1234

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Exclusively Mephisto
Hey all, title explains everything I need to know. Looking to purchase air pots go trial my growing with, what's the best one out there / the best general size for the majority of mephisto strains? Thank you guys in advance for the help!

-Bunny

I bought some 5 gallon ones, but after having bought them, I read 3 gallon is the most popular choice (and I probably would've chosen those in hindsight). Overall I'm sure it's just a matter of preference, and what best suits your needs..

Last edited:
I've got both 3 gallons and 5 gallon pots. I much prefer the 3g. I don't notice any significant difference in yield and I find I get more deficiencies as watering becomes less frequent.

Are you in Coco or soil? In Coco the general belief is anything above 3gal is a waste of space and nutrients. In soil I have seen grows up to 10gal or more if taken outside.
What kind of room are you working with aka what's your setup? If you're in a small tent you'll want small pots, larger tent or room allows for more choices - loads of small pots or just a few giant ones, or something in between.

I'm in Coco and have a 5'x5'x7' tent. I have one 2gal airpot, 6 1L airpots, & I also run 3gal & 1gal fabric pots.
If you're shopping through Amazon I recommend oxypot or super-roots as they're cheaper than the "airpot" named products.

Are you in Coco or soil? In Coco the general belief is anything above 3gal is a waste of space and nutrients. In soil I have seen grows up to 10gal or more if taken outside.
What kind of room are you working with aka what's your setup? If you're in a small tent you'll want small pots, larger tent or room allows for more choices - loads of small pots or just a few giant ones, or something in between.

I'm in Coco and have a 5'x5'x7' tent. I have one 2gal airpot, 6 1L airpots, & I also run 3gal & 1gal fabric pots.
If you're shopping through Amazon I recommend oxypot or super-roots as they're cheaper than the "airpot" named products.
I use coco man, and I use a generalized double sliding door coat closet, the picture is below so you know space wise what I'm working with. So maybe the 2 gallon ones would be preferable?

The picture below is from a few weeks ago, I've added another tray with two more pots in that space.

Attachments

• 20170625_163732.jpg
    20170625_163732.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 428
I use coco man, and I use a generalized double sliding door coat closet, the picture is below so you know space wise what I'm working with. So maybe the 2 gallon ones would be preferable?

The picture below is from a few weeks ago, I've added another tray with two more pots in that space.
I run a 2x2.5x5' tent inside a closet and am trying the 2 gallon air pots from Rootsmaker. This is my first time and I will start a journal when I start my grow so I'll post reviews how the 2 gallons work out.

I like 3 gallon fabric pots too. When the ladies are drinking heavily the pots are big enough that you only need to water once a day, but at the same time they're small enough that when the plants are young or slow you're not waiting a week for the pot to dry out to at least 50%. I also like the the very manageable sized plants I get from the 3 gallon pots, I've been doing 3 plants to a 2x4 tent but with training and plant cages I'm moves up to 6 plants in just 8 square feet.

Awesome man thank you! I'm thinking these right here...

(6) Superoots Air-Pot 3 Gal Equivalent Garden Propagation Pot Planter Containers Amazon product

I have some of those. They work well. If you're doing mephisto in gbd supersoil, they will work wonders. Up until my last grow I was using those and I was able to learn a lot using them

I have some of those. They work well. If you're doing mephisto in gbd supersoil, they will work wonders. Up until my last grow I was using those and I was able to learn a lot using them
Excellent thank you! Your DWC setup looks great, if I wasn't so comfortable with coco I'd be giving that a try, looks too complicated for me. I'll order these airpots asap:)

Back