Indoor BCN Critical XXL, Critical+2.0, RDWC under COBs

Glad to be of some assistance @growbot
Greenleaf Nutrients recommends about 700ppm (500 scale) for the stage that my plants are at for JUST the Megacrop.
Mine are running at 300ppm and 360ppm with Megacrop, Cal Mag Pro, Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion

Going to start some Glueberry as soon as I get some Micogrow or Recharge for the tea. Just picked up the castings and air pump. Might try the LECA once more as it seems to be a good media for the bacteria to hang out on, thinking it may also count as hyper oxygenated as maximum yeild article mentioned up to 40- 45 % airspace vs coco 30 %. Maybe I was overfeeding in that case and underwatering being a noob ! Thanks for the info on PPM too, my scale is 500 on my meter I believe (it's listed as a TDS meter). Mega Crop and CAL MAG here TODAY, now to pool shock and de root some hydroton ......UGH ! 5 gallon bucket :(

I knew I had forgotten to tag some people for this:
@Seedstockers_Mischa - some BCN Critical XXL for you
@Dinafem-Mark - some Critical+ 2.0 for you
I'm growing this bcn tall as fuck I was worried I was running out of head room had to move it to the side lovely simple plant to grow I just feed it. Yours looking great. I started another two weeks ago see if this one gets this tall hope so love how this plant grows..

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

Sorry didn't mean to quote that comment my bad..

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

Boradan would know more than me, but I don't necessarily think one nute level would be optimal, that high point on the curve should shift depending on variables like transpiration rate and the solute as certain minerals get used at differing rates, ph etc,.

My experience is that MC 1.0 @ 500 ppm (~ 4 g/Gal) causes nute burn in DWC when following the VPD chart.
I now believe 400 ppm is closer to optimal, and I've never had a plant for which 400 ppm is too little.

I'd guess that making a chart of grams MC per Gal graphed horizontally vs. amount of healthy growth graphed vertically is a bell shaped curve, with the optimal amount of feed as its peak.
I'd further guess that that optimal peak is passed long before ultra green leaves plus yellow leaf tips happen.
If that's true, then waiting for yellow leaf tips to indicate overfeeding is like shutting the barn door after the horse has escaped.
For example, if yellow leaf tips start at 500 ppm, that doesn't imply that something slightly less than 500 ppm is the optimal amount.
What might have happened is that optimal was 400, growth slows with ppm 400-500, and noticeable harm happens at 500 ppm.
In this extreme, made up example, a plant grown with 400 ppm would likely yield more than a plant grown with slightly less than 500 ppm.

Users of pH Dn should remember that it contains phosphoric acid, which probably supplies all the extra P plants might need during flower.

Greenleaf tells us that only MC is needed.
I believe them.

Boradan would know more than me, but I don't necessarily think one nute level would be optimal, that high point on the curve should shift depending on variables like transpiration rate and the solute as certain minerals get used at differing rates, ph etc,.
:yeahthat::yeahthat:

DAY 59 UPDATE

Lights at 3 x 80 Watts now.
Air temp approx 25.6C
Humidity 52.5%
Water temps approx 22.5C

BCN Critical XXL
Chugging along very nicely and starting to really throw out the sparkly bits:
full

full

full

CRITICAL+ 2.0

Still some minor calmag issues - increased CalMag Pro slightly, but not overly chasing this.
Also starting to wear little diamonds.
full

full

full

Looking great......what's wrong !!!!!! :crying:

Day 75 UPDATE

Going smoothly still.
The BCN Critical is still ugly as hell and is now starting to shout loudly that she wants to be cut down.
Still a few weeks out for the Critical+ 2.0 though.

BCN Critical XXL
20190708_205626.jpg
20190708_205651.jpg

Critical+ 2.0
20190708_205758.jpg
20190708_205819.jpg

20190708_205843.jpg
20190708_205905.jpg

Boradan,
What are your water temps out of curiosity ? Ditched the Glueberry as I found 2 Jack 47 in the fridge (bonus !)

Back