Outdoor Backyard Diesel Ryders experience

91c348bb2aba00b970f64875d7e2fcab.jpg

#2 and #3 are survivint outside!
(No more suplementing indoor)

#1 is showing its stress..
I wonder if it lacks Iron or Nitrogen.
Already attemped feeding her some cotton seed meal and coffee (ground) (i just hope it doesnt screw ph and lock more nutes...)
88bfe74894e4e4a8c61ec74a29c83fb9.jpg

Im summoning more beans... cause this whole experiment is going just awkward! :p

I hope these are true auto breeds, else they might be the f1 between a great predominantly sativa and a hermie sativa. (Which would be a great female if she didnt end up intersexing.

The idea is to sprout them beans... if sex doesnt show within 30 days after the first set of true leaves... than it means there is something wrong fo sho!

Not that im not interested. But i just want to grow autos... might forgive female reg photos but would have to take good care of it!

They been wet... and been sent to my "germinator"
811f4a2e6d9d454899e843f3e818b662.jpg

A subtle change of heart made me give up on my screen and donate it to my growing tomato!
db508d84da0e51f5907bebc714a77547.jpg

Wont be applying much of lst to my girl any longer... but its a fair thing, as the species nearby my plants make part of the camouflage!

I got some red bell peper... for it costs too much on the super market and I love to cook with it! Its still vegetating but seems pretty healthy
fbf5f49187eb3c43b0c63ec1e7bd7614.jpg

Theres a lot of coriander growing around too... for I'm an inthusiast and I simply LOVE home made "gin" infused vodka... and as I simply couldnt find edible seeds for my recipes... im breeding my own!
Yey!
7ff42d9d7fce837c4527470c968b719f.jpg

;-)

The garden is doing fine... i guess.

Thanks for stopping by, mates!

Nice Coriander... I can never get that to grow leafy lol :D

Nice Coriander... I can never get that to grow leafy lol :D
It happens that my dad and my father in law told me coriander was a very difficult herb to grow... I felt challenged!

So Ive prepared the best substract I could... and for my surprise, it grows by itself! No trouble at all (yet).

I hope i can get plenty of seeds, cause its the base for gin... juniper and coriander seeds. Then it goes down to a more subtle and complex build... which can take anything you like... but usually consists in anice, cardamom, ginger, some citric peel... jamaican pepper, a little of nutmeg, clove, perhaps even cinamon if you'd like.

Some add rosemary leaves to increase the herbal bouquet... but the one plant I was given didnt survive cause the media was too muddy, and rosemary enjoys arid environment. (Sand would have been the solution, if i knew that on time)... the secret is the bayleaf. A couple leaves in the infusion increases the smell and taste a lot!

;-)

I love home made gin!

Ahahahha after trimming my future buds I might even infuse a "special" edition for the closer relatives and friends! He he he

Unfortunatelly my grow journal isnt going on so nicelly...

Im afraid i'll have to order even more seeds... but i gotta save a lot of money before I purchase them.

So I better sell plenty of my home made gin, before considering ordering the so wanted seeds. :-(

Watch out for the smell from those Diesel Ryders - the ones I grew this year were I think the most dank smell I've encountered in growing and had to go straight from the pot at harvest into an indoor odor proof environment or the wife would have killed me.

Sipping a gin as we speak but not home flavoured - tho that coriander would make a nice curry if you like green herb n garlic chicken or similar lol.

Well... these Diesel Ryders were given to me by a friend who didn't want to see me sad for having no beans.
(What a nice guy! I am so thankful!)

I do not know the breeder... and I dont REALLY care about it, cause in the end we know that the result from our breeds may end up bringing a different "strain" due to our selections.

But im happy cause its pretty dwarfish... and Thats exactly what my need is: The shortest plant possible, whith little harvest. :)
(Will be forever looking after original Lowryder#1, perhaps even Lowryder#2)

Bout my Diesel Ryders
Of course I am growing them on extremelly small pots, this time, but at the first time Ive grown them the pots were reasonable and the size was still squat. Just perfect for my needs, hopefully!

The odour is quite not packing yet. Its weird but it seems to be less stinky! How come?!
I dont stay close to the plant during day or night (in a way i could possibly "get used" to her smell).

Yesterday or even the day before... I were stoned, and went to check my lady.
Then, my clumsy hands held on the screen im growing my tomato at and also was attempting to train the weed to grow at too.

The messy result:
the net moved towards the topped branches, and nearly snipped off one of them (which I been attempting to "split" growth direction to distribute her more evenly.

The damage to the branch right on the main stem was like 2/3 of its diameter. Gosh... I felt so sad!
It nearly broke it apart!

Went to my tools, got my scissors and released the plant from the "brackets" that were holding it to the net. And allowed the almost split branch to touch the main stem again, sort of trying to fix my shit, poor me.

Lol im sorry for my terrible english! It has been so long I dont really speak it... nor read/write. Its being a challenge!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that the damaged lady been positioned more comfortably, so she could possibly "heal". Two days have passed, her leaves does not show any sign of damage or dehydration. But theres some browning on the newly born pistils that sort of spoils where the buds are at.

It has been damaged, so its natural that it suffers, but it seems to be quite normal, yet... :-/

N DEFICIENCY still desolates her. So I fed a liquid (foliar) nute 6-6-8, well diluted cause I dont feel like injuring her any more.
So I didnt even spray her, I fed to the roots, sounds less damaging in the case it could possibly cause any injury.

I am aware that a 6-6-8 is not the best nute I could feed her... specially cos its low on N and whe needs plenty of it. But over all it grants her some nutrient and prevent other deficiencies (I hope!).

Enough talking: lets see my poor hostages! Ahhaha

276d004a77192238443bc69543aeb8d7.jpg

Damaged calyx is the extremely top left one. (Its still growing tight, so its hard to spot it)

b5481544ffcc0c30d4f3a50f1db4f29c.jpg

Meanwhile... other seedlings are doing pretty nice, I guess.

#2 is throwing 5th set of true leaves
#3 is throwing 4th set of true leaves
6a8d67ab0bd62bbc1918882adafbf648.jpg

My grow journal is not going very nice... Im out of beans... im kinda sad.

I been too nice giving beans away and expecting my guaranteed growth, but my germination rates are terrible. My experience is kinda poor.

I'm even considering saving money to attempt to purchase something like Short Stuff...

I'm sort of studying their strains... and I feel appeald by their stolen lowryder. Which is named after short stuff #1.

Blue himalaya seems awesome too...

Another option is their "dwarf mix", as a breeder wannabe, I love the Idea of having different genetics and phenotypes to collect material and play with.

Theres also this low-life seeds which seem to hybridize joint doctors and sell the F1. Seems kinda poorly bred, like I could do it myself if I had the availability of seeds. But again, their dwarf mixed seeds are WAY CHEAPER than joint doctors.
And as a poor guy, every pound or pence makes difference. :-/

Pounds are like nonsensely high by these days. Like more than 6 times my currency... and Im probably the most paranoid person in the world when it comes to purchasing seeds.
I craft a fake contract, hide the cash in it and send over mail. So I always round up values... and it takes a life time to arrive to "the attitude" headquarters.

Not being pessimist nor anything, ill hand my beans (if buying them) next years x-mas.

Lets just try to be optimist and hope that the ladybugs protects my garden and that Freya blesses us!
1fd8c89aad2132579167982f3097820d.jpg

A better shot of this girl...

Shes budding up! Thats so sweet!

Resin starts to gather around calyxes. [emoji23]

Ahahhaha i have no idea about her age... but it doesnt matter anyway cos she has to give me seeds!

Plus I will watch her with a magnifier
(Poor 6x zoom, but its better than nothing!)

52ea6454a22fe35fe609c6e1070ab180.jpg

A low-quality but zoomed shot of the wound itself:
a1b6c12f399f651791ddbe859c6dd095.jpg

She seems to be alright, actually.

I held some "bracers" like those (plastic handcuffs) to help the "broken branch" keeping sustained.
So I guess she'll recover nicelly!

The other two seedlings are my expectation! Ahhaha I just hope theres atleast ONE MALE! :-(

It sucks that they are so young, but in the end... if theres males... they are sort of "fast" arent they?
Atleast I had this impression with the last experience... that males are meany things!

Gosh... im so anxious!

:-/

This may be the first time I've said this, but I hope your plants gets nuts! I just popped a couple ♂/♀ seeds in hope of a male. Mainly to save the pollen, but I plan on having a but of fun with some too. So far I have had 5 of 5 reg seeds turn female. Not complaining, just waiting for the first ♀ to show. I hope you are able to make some seeds, and not have to buy them. Take care man.

If you ever partially split a stem (not totally snapped) - you can normally recover it by taping it up immediately with some electrical tape or duct tape. Unfortunately most of the 'accidents' i've had involved kids either trampling on them or decapitating the main cola while playing football in the garden. Sweet little ****'s that they are :D

Re aspirations for boys : good luck in getting seeds. I've never bothered myself just cause I'm normally greedy for the buds and anything that comes out a boy from regular seeds gets shown the compost bin at the first sign of nuts. They do seem to show flowers quicker than the girls tho I've never grown one to maturity.

Perhaps you should take a look in the breeders section.

If I wanted seeds I'd isolate dad and collect pollen then paint it onto the stipules of mom well away from any other plants to avoid airborn pollen getting to all my girls - tho there are some nice surprises often to be had growing from bagseed.

Last edited:
If you ever partially split a stem (not totally snapped) - you can normally recover it by taping it up immediately with some electrical tape or duct tape. Unfortunately most of the 'accidents' i've had involved kids either trampling on them or decapitating the main cola while playing football in the garden. Sweet little ****'s that they are :D

Re aspirations for boys : good luck in getting seeds. I've never bothered myself just cause I'm normally greedy for the buds and anything that comes out a boy from regular seeds gets shown the compost bin at the first sign of nuts. They do seem to show flowers quicker than the girls tho I've never grown one to maturity.

Perhaps you should take a look in the breeders section.

If I wanted seeds I'd isolate dad and collect pollen then paint it onto the stipules of mom well away from any other plants to avoid airborn pollen getting to all my girls - tho there are some nice surprises often to be had growing from bagseed.

Im a big fan of open pollination... and I also enjoy shaking the males over the females. Throwing a storm of polem on their buds...

Polem sacks mature fast... they open releasing the content at different stages. By a matter of fact nature is incredibly minucious in the details.

A male will keep forming his sacks till the end of his life. On the side branches, top "cola"... and the polem sacks by itself always have different ages. So its like a few sacks burst open daily... or every second day!

I always store the collected polem in different containers and label individualy, to avoid cross contamining them or allowing humidity to enter their containers (killing the polem).

The thing is that it is always nice to allow more than one male polinize females, in a way it keeps the gene pool rich, cause one could easily end up "confined" if using the same dad's content and same F1 lineage of females.

Some males develop resin, great side branches, or squat nature... and mixing them is what is nice in this game!

Unfortunatelly one cant simply germinate hundreds of individuals in order to make the proper selection.
But growing the male is JUST AS IMPORTANT as picking the best female.

But I guess not everyone has the patience that it takes...

After a couple seed runs, when I manage to have enough polem for months/years. I could perhaps run some seedless crops, but by now I got my focus on maintaining my strain and stocking plenty of seeds.

:)
----------

About the ripped stem... I did secure it so wind doesn't rip it more.

At past grows (photoperiod sativa) I did some mess too, and managed to fix it with duct tape.

I've always practiced the growing techniques like topping, LST, HST... super cropping with the random seeds I stored, from the comercial brickweed sold around.

Sometimes you pop great plants from it, but sadly its mostly sativa only. So the whole maturation of the plant is long, root grows a lot, requiring a huge pot, which is heavier and makes it harder to move the plant, which tends to grow like a monster.

Its nice cause it gives you a lot of buds and cola when harvested, but I stick to the little ones. As soon as I discovered autos, I freaked out!
I want a 60 days harvest, rather than 7~9 months!

Specially cause I don't want to sell weed. And its very valuable. I dont want to harvest a kg of it cause it could even be tempating!

I'd rather germinate a couple autos every week... and always have my small portion of buds. You know?

I still looking after tasting a good indica.

I read many journals and gosh it gets me drooling! For example: one strain I dream with is purple jems/purple ryder.
:-/

I can't wait till people stop pursuiting gay people around here, and start voting yes for weed.

I simply hate my country, we didnt live the dark age cause we been discovered by 1500, so we're "hunting our witches" now... at 2015.

I gotta find myself a nice strain... not that I dont like my diesel ryders, but I am resentful about its possible odour.

:-$

So while ya'll tired of Lowryders and the dwarf very ruderalis strains of the first lineage of autos... I wanna try them all!

I wonder why Joint Doctors have to be so expensive... [emoji29]

Last edited:
Yer I like a lot of the Ryder Genetics too - I started with Lowryder (regulars) - then the feminised Lowryder 2's. And like you the low size makes them discreet for an outdoor grow in the garden (which is shared tho I am the gardener). Neither of these were great croppers in our unpredictable Northern Climate. But this year I decided to try some of the x's. So I had 3x Diesel Ryders - they cropped well but all suffered from a bit of mould, and 3x Purple Ryders (a Purple Kush cross with Lowryder 2 if my memory serves me) - those were really nice n very sticky with lots of sugar leaves (finger licking good as they say)- tho quite a speedy smoke (hide your movie collection or you might end up staying up half the night smoking weed and watching shite on TV).

I got a load of freebies form Herbies Seeds (thanks guys, they really went out on a limb when twice they couldn't fulfil a requested order) - so have 3 each of Chronic Ryder and Pakistan Ryder for next years season as freebies to try as well tho I will def order more of the Diesel Ryders too, they had a nice balance of THC/CBD for me, aka enough munchie effect to counteract the Opiates i'm prescribed in terms of appetite loss, and enough CBD to offer some additional pain relief which means I don't need the Opiates as much which is a win win.

Those will form my 'base' crop - but I also have some Dark Devil Autos (another purple kush x) and having read so much about them on AFN a couple of Mephistos to try (tho I might give them to a Spanish friend in the hope of free weed when im there next summer - cunning but I suspect they will do much better there than here lol). With mould being such an issue this year I'm also thinking of going back to some Auto Frisian Dew's which worked well in the past too.

Unfortunately our growing season is so short that it's really a one crop affair - tho I do stagger them - so I really doubt that without a greenhouse I could ever pull a plant to fully mature seeds. So it's a strictly bud affair here - but developing your own x's may be the way forward in the future.

The past 'scientist' bit of me baulks at randomly pollinating my ladies though - I'd want to know what they were crossed with and then to compare the results of new F1's against a grow of the original parents (I used to work in large greenhouses doing this commercially with potatoes and peas, and like you live in a backward country with a draconian drug policy), but if it were legalised I got a 30m x 20m plot ready to go... who needs fruit n veg lol.

One of the surprises that I love in the Autos is that you still get the occasional expression of the parentage phenos (since they normally only stabilise at F3 for something you can sell as a breeder) - my favouroutes being some of the dwarf Sativa phenos that can sometimes appear - it's like wtf are you little girl - not showing the traits of the bought seeds - but it always seems like the ruderalis is locked in and I've never had a bolter that grew above 1m high or didn't AF.

All cool - I look forward to popping in to see how it goes for you.

:smokeit:

Back