Outdoor Backyard Diesel Ryders experience

Hi Garbo. I'm with you on the plants not needing to be huge. I live in an area that being discreet is the best choice. I recently just harvested my 1st grow from a micro cab. She was only 9" tall, and grew in a large V giving me 2-a few" budcicles. That plant is drying now. I still am having to pay for my buds (like you im broke, so regs/mids for me) so even this small plant will hep greatly on my budget. Plus hopefully provide me with some pain relief.
DSCN0527.JPG

Go go gadget organics! Man I love organic gardening. Do you know about making fermented plant juice/extract (FPJ/FPE)?
There is a widely know method involving water and putrid smells. I personally stay away from that style. I have a water treatment facility down the street if I ever want to smell that again. The method I prefer uses brown sugar, and osmotic pressure. Plus it only takes about a week vs a month with the water. This video explains how to make it. In me experience, it smell just like what you put in it. I used a banana flower a few times, and almost asked my wife to wear it, it smelled so good. :)

This link will give a more detailed description of what osmotic pressure is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmotic_pressure

I try to utilize what ever mother nature has. Respectfully, of course. Try finding wild worm castings. I'm not sure what wild life is around you, but if you got worms, you got free ferts. I am currently working on a project using 5 different worm castings (2 are from vendors, 1 local the other is not), all from different areas, and diets. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you the link to a journal I am currently writing. Its not to long, and also include my won worm bin. It is not on this site, and I don't want to mislead/lead people away from this site, but I also don't plan on retyping the whole thing, no offense.

The jail system there sound harsh. I think keeping the plants small or hidden is a good idea. We're (you and I at least)not dealers, and don't NEED pounds. Although I'd be a liar if I said I didn't WANT pounds. I'd just play with it making post it notes out of the popcorn buds >:)

I look forward to see the rest of your journey, and wish you the best of luck.

Hi Garbo. I'm with you on the plants not needing to be huge. I live in an area that being discreet is the best choice. I recently just harvested my 1st grow from a micro cab. She was only 9" tall, and grew in a large V giving me 2-a few" budcicles. That plant is drying now. I still am having to pay for my buds (like you im broke, so regs/mids for me) so even this small plant will hep greatly on my budget. Plus hopefully provide me with some pain relief.
View attachment 495515

Go go gadget organics! Man I love organic gardening. Do you know about making fermented plant juice/extract (FPJ/FPE)?
There is a widely know method involving water and putrid smells. I personally stay away from that style. I have a water treatment facility down the street if I ever want to smell that again. The method I prefer uses brown sugar, and osmotic pressure. Plus it only takes about a week vs a month with the water. This video explains how to make it. In me experience, it smell just like what you put in it. I used a banana flower a few times, and almost asked my wife to wear it, it smelled so good. :)

This link will give a more detailed description of what osmotic pressure is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmotic_pressure

I try to utilize what ever mother nature has. Respectfully, of course. Try finding wild worm castings. I'm not sure what wild life is around you, but if you got worms, you got free ferts. I am currently working on a project using 5 different worm castings (2 are from vendors, 1 local the other is not), all from different areas, and diets. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you the link to a journal I am currently writing. Its not to long, and also include my won worm bin. It is not on this site, and I don't want to mislead/lead people away from this site, but I also don't plan on retyping the whole thing, no offense.

The jail system there sound harsh. I think keeping the plants small or hidden is a good idea. We're (you and I at least)not dealers, and don't NEED pounds. Although I'd be a liar if I said I didn't WANT pounds. I'd just play with it making post it notes out of the popcorn buds >:)

I look forward to see the rest of your journey, and wish you the best of luck.

Welcome in, buddy!

Firstly I would like to thank you for showing up, it is very rewarding to meet up another grower with the same filosophy and circunstancies!

Unfortunatelly I am with a terrible internet cobbectio now... so I cant see the linked video you sent YET.
(But I will, trust me!)

I do not know If I'm fully aware of what you spoken there. But I guess its some sort of variation for them molasses, right?
I am really looking after understanding it, and I'll certify that I read about it ASAP!

About the stinky water you spoke of, I assume you're talking about what we call "organic tea"? Which is a method to produce liquid fertilizer, consists basically of getting yourself a reservoir filled with (chlorine free) water and adding "manures" (isnt it the nice word for shit? Heh) and bubbling with a regular fiahtank airpump, protected from the sunlight.

People usually use cow's manure, horse's... pigs... worms castlings.
Put them on a "cloth" bag so the solution doesnt get too many particles floating all over.

Then water the plants with this bacterial rich "juice".

Some also add brown sugar to the mix.

I gotta tell you... I am thriving to produce my own "organic tea"... for I live in the country-side and I can go directly to the fields and collect my "fertilizers" already dried!

I didnt imagine it could stink that bad... but since its a juice out of "shit" it probably cant smell "good" either.

I'd actually like to thank you once again for bringing those subjects to thw discussion, cause I should be feeding my plant already. I'm feeling kinda lame now! Shame on me!

Some growers even report that this "tea" is all you need for growing organically.

About your growlog, please fetch us your data, it would be a great pleasure to check out how you perform your show!
(Add it here to enrich the content for further researchers to find it also)

We'll stay in touch!

**DISCLAIMER** I'm not a pro, and have a small amount of experience with growing bud. I have had a life long love for nature, and plants in general. I don't own a microscope, I just read my plants to see results. Some things I try are based on what I learned growing up, some are based on what I read.

I know being in different areas we have different names for some things. I'll try to explain some of the terms, and methods I am familiar with.

EWC tea, or earth worm casting tea is basically what is sounds like. It can be as basic as just letting casting sit in water for a few days stirring every few hours. That is its most basic form. Most people in the MJ community prefer to add aeration (air) to it.

Compost teas. It is basically the same as above, but made with compost instead. Again most people like to add air to it

ACT, & AACT. This stands for aerated compost tea, and actively aerated compost tea. When adding air to the above 2 teas, it becomes this. By adding aeration to your teas it increases the dissolved oxygen in the tea, and providing a better habitat for the microbes. The main benefit of added dissolved O2 is it keeps the tea from going anaerobic (bad, stagnant) and giving the microbes a good breeding condition. The main difference in these 2 are the amount of air used. Think home fish pump, versus a commercial air pump.

SST is for sprouted seed tea. This also has a few methods, but the basic method (what I do) is to grow some sprouts, and blend them into water. You can use just about any seed that sprout fast, but the most common are alfalfa, corn, and barley. You would grow them till they have about 1/2 inch tails and then make a slurry (blended in water). It is a more new method to me, so I can't offer much about it. I would rather you research it, than I give you wrong info. The reason people make SST is to harvest the enzymes in the forming plant.

Manure teas would be more along the lines of what you described above. I do use manure, but only in dry form. I have not ventured in to these yet. Maybe you could share how you would make it.

FPJ/FPE. This stands for Fermented plant juice, or FP Extract. There are a few ways to make it, and also what I was refering to in my previous post. It only contains plant mater, no animal shits. It would be vegan dish so to say. It does sount like the same method you spoke of though. Just add plant material to a bucket of water, and let it rot for about a month. The bad smell comes from the water becoming stagnant, and it is an anaerobic mixture.

The method I like takes the same plant material, put it in a container, and coat it really well with brown sugar, not molasses. Molasses would be fine for anything you add water to, but this is a "dry" mix. After you have good coverage of the brown sugar, give it a light packing so it is an even top. Add a ~1/2" layer of brown sugar on top covering the plant. Cover it with a breathable cloth (shirt, towel, w/e) and let it sit for about a week. The cloth need to be breathable as there is a gas exchange that need to take place. When it is done I turn the container upside down over a strainer and let it sit for about an hour. When it has drained as much as it will on its own, I take the liquid and bottle it. The 1st "drain" is a very clean thick liquid with a gold/brown color. I use that for making foliage sprays at 1/10 FPJ to water.

From there I add water to the remaining mixture, and shake the container to loosen up what ever is left behind. Squeeze the plant material really well in the water. Sometime I even take the water and strain it through the plant matter a few times. This 2nd "drain" will give me a more brown/green color. I dilute it to a light tea color and use this for soil feedings. Next batch I make, I'll be sure to make a post here about it. The method I use has not produced any foul smells. Not to say it won't, just hasn't.

When you get a chance watch the video. The guy in it explains it a bit better than I do.

Till next time, take care.

OH yea... When I make the FPJ, I don't add water because of the osmotic pressure of the crystals. Water would negate this, making it more like FPJ method number 1.

Osmotic Pressure: noun, Physical Chemistry
1.The force that a dissolved substance exerts on a semipermeable membrane, through which it cannot penetrate, when separated by it from pure solvent.

In a more basic definition, it creates a vacuum against the plant wall, pulling the liquids out if the plant.

Aww man I feel for you - is illegal here too (UK) but for my 10 plants this year the worst I would have got is a fine (or even a caution - like a police telling off).

Perlite can be replaced with any type of inert grit (think rough little gritty bits found in stream beds) - it's just there to improve drainage and aeration to create a looser soil mix. Auto's don't need a lot of growth media if it's of quality - since you have only added bonemeal (which is good) I would also consider trying to source some chicken manure which you can add to a large watering container to make a tea from which you water - don't add it straight into the soil of new plants tho add it to water in a several gallon drum and let it sit for a couple of weeks to loose some of the nasty ammonium you get in guano (bird poo).

I hope your grow goes well and safe.

For next year (growers are always thinking ahead) - you could try creating your own compost. Just find a space where you can make a compost heap - layer it with lots of green leafy material - then a layer of drier material - then a layer of soil - and keep repeating till you get a big heap (after a few months you will need to dig it all over (turning over) to add air (oh and make sure it stays moist - as the leaves n stuff rot down they will add nutrients to the soil. If you have access to animal manure it's quite often toxic to plants when fresh but when composted gives a really good compost.

Good luck.

HMMM seems to have been a forum glitch as several of the above posts weren't viable at the time I posted this - hey ho - carry on growing

Last edited:
**DISCLAIMER** I'm not a pro, and have a small amount of experience with growing bud. I have had a life long love for nature, and plants in general. I don't own a microscope, I just read my plants to see results. Some things I try are based on what I learned growing up, some are based on what I read.

I know being in different areas we have different names for some things. I'll try to explain some of the terms, and methods I am familiar with.

EWC tea, or earth worm casting tea is basically what is sounds like. It can be as basic as just letting casting sit in water for a few days stirring every few hours. That is its most basic form. Most people in the MJ community prefer to add aeration (air) to it.

Compost teas. It is basically the same as above, but made with compost instead. Again most people like to add air to it

ACT, & AACT. This stands for aerated compost tea, and actively aerated compost tea. When adding air to the above 2 teas, it becomes this. By adding aeration to your teas it increases the dissolved oxygen in the tea, and providing a better habitat for the microbes. The main benefit of added dissolved O2 is it keeps the tea from going anaerobic (bad, stagnant) and giving the microbes a good breeding condition. The main difference in these 2 are the amount of air used. Think home fish pump, versus a commercial air pump.

SST is for sprouted seed tea. This also has a few methods, but the basic method (what I do) is to grow some sprouts, and blend them into water. You can use just about any seed that sprout fast, but the most common are alfalfa, corn, and barley. You would grow them till they have about 1/2 inch tails and then make a slurry (blended in water). It is a more new method to me, so I can't offer much about it. I would rather you research it, than I give you wrong info. The reason people make SST is to harvest the enzymes in the forming plant.

Manure teas would be more along the lines of what you described above. I do use manure, but only in dry form. I have not ventured in to these yet. Maybe you could share how you would make it.

FPJ/FPE. This stands for Fermented plant juice, or FP Extract. There are a few ways to make it, and also what I was refering to in my previous post. It only contains plant mater, no animal shits. It would be vegan dish so to say. It does sount like the same method you spoke of though. Just add plant material to a bucket of water, and let it rot for about a month. The bad smell comes from the water becoming stagnant, and it is an anaerobic mixture.

The method I like takes the same plant material, put it in a container, and coat it really well with brown sugar, not molasses. Molasses would be fine for anything you add water to, but this is a "dry" mix. After you have good coverage of the brown sugar, give it a light packing so it is an even top. Add a ~1/2" layer of brown sugar on top covering the plant. Cover it with a breathable cloth (shirt, towel, w/e) and let it sit for about a week. The cloth need to be breathable as there is a gas exchange that need to take place. When it is done I turn the container upside down over a strainer and let it sit for about an hour. When it has drained as much as it will on its own, I take the liquid and bottle it. The 1st "drain" is a very clean thick liquid with a gold/brown color. I use that for making foliage sprays at 1/10 FPJ to water.

From there I add water to the remaining mixture, and shake the container to loosen up what ever is left behind. Squeeze the plant material really well in the water. Sometime I even take the water and strain it through the plant matter a few times. This 2nd "drain" will give me a more brown/green color. I dilute it to a light tea color and use this for soil feedings. Next batch I make, I'll be sure to make a post here about it. The method I use has not produced any foul smells. Not to say it won't, just hasn't.

When you get a chance watch the video. The guy in it explains it a bit better than I do.

Till next time, take care.
So... I been trying to research the re ipes for the teas but they are never well explained.

What I've learnt is that you gotta ferment them before applying/feeding.

I other words you gotta bubbpe the tea for a while... i'd guess for a week or something.

The whole process shaould happen protected from the direct sunlight fo sho.

I can share my (K) potassium organic tea, though!
I make it in 25 minutes approximatelly (+40 or more to cool down).

All it takes are the leftovers of 4 bananas. By that i mean skin basically.

I also add orange peels as well but these I add in the end of the process.

At low heat you add the banana skins... let it "simmer" for a while. I like to put them while the water is cool, and let it heat gradually. When it starts to boil.. I know its basically almost done.
Then i add two spoons of brown sugar to feed organisms in the media, but mind that sugar may attract ants! So go slow, less is more!

Then I mix the solution to dilute the sugar, and add the orange skins. (I used 4 oranges that were used to prepare a juice for my son, you see.. only leftovers!)

Then i let the orange skin boil very little, turn off the heat and let the whole thing cool at room temperature, caped.

As substitution for the orange skin you could as well use cucumber.
But the banana, by itself should provide plenty of potassium.

The thing is to strain it NICELLY as you dont want particules floating around. Cause flies love fruit and if they lay their eggs on yer plant, they hatch and eat the roots. So trust me, strain the tea as you can. Specially if there was pieces of the banana in the mix. (I put the bad injuried banana part i wouldnt eat, for example).

My tea is stored in the fridge and I wouldnt store for more than 5~7 days, as a bartender I can say... it will ferment for sure! It you notice like a "tssss" when you uncap the bottle (like gas of anykind) its a signal of fermentstion... and I dont know if its still safe to feed.

The thing is to feed them easy and dont feed only banana tea! Give your darlings some pure water too, as theres some reports of people who managed to kill their plants feeding too much banana tea.

I guess theres no reason to fear overfeeding if you dilute slightly. And you use the mix to help the plant not lacking such mineral.
So... dont go hard on it. Take it easy. I get satisfied that my plant dont show deficiencies in her leaves, the organic way is quite simple! Less is more , always!

About the manure teas in other hand...

Its logical:

The stardard goes like that:

2 cups of compost or worm castlings (micronutrients)

2 cups of (N) rich meal, I use "caster bean" (or was it called castor?) or cotton seed meal.

1 cup of the (P) rich meal, I personally use is bone meal

The (K) is the banana tea I mentioned above. (Dont mix it all up in the same reservoir, so you dont contaminate your banana tea)

These measurementa are for vegetative.

On flowering you invetrt the (N) and (P) amounts...
Half castor bean meal to 1 cup
And double bone meal to 2 cups

Feed banana as usual, taking easy on it.

Some people add too tea spoons of MgSO4, its "magnesium sulfate" and it helps plants A LOT!

CRITICAL OBSERVATION:
BONE MEAL + CASTER BEAN MEAL will ferment, so you gotta ferment it in the tea (bubling) before applying else you WILL/CAN INJURY YOUR DARLINGS!

Ill add a last observation so you guys get to perform your organic nutrients more cleverly:

A well balanced nute shall folloe the following "laws".

The Max amount of (N) shall be 3 times the amount of P,
And the Minimum amount should be atleast 1/2 the amount of (P) as well.

But that's not all! The more critical factor is (K)!

Nitrogen's max amount should be 2x (K) amount, and the minimum, again, 1/2.

So dont balance all with (P) as measurement, so you dont make it too strong!

Theres plenty of recipes for making organic nutes rich in (K).

This is just an Idea... cause I am a poor person, and so I like to teach you guys to make nutes with little to no investiment!

You dont need a growshop, expensive nutes nor anything!
(Ofcourse it helps, but there sure are alternate ways to achieve success!)

I hope it have helped ya'll!

It is a great pleasure to share my humble knowledge! [emoji51]

175ad9586512157fda7190c0e59ca10f.jpg

Tools needed for making banana tea

And the banana tea "ready"

Keep in mind that I dilute it a lot and raise the amount to achieve a light feeding schedule! Use at your own risk!
Organics may nute burn/kill as well!

So take it easy!

bedf95ad854616a4c7121f7155b0ce24.jpg

Now allow me to speak of my Fem#1 and the other two seedlings.

The pruned plant has shown some superior growth spots!

Instead of the main stem turning into two, It resulted in 3 branches, my dad says its usual... and thar the 3rd one usually grows weirdly. Ahahha the sucker seems to be correct!

9f89914996e21d0d4283c5d180c18e23.jpg

The plant shall now be set to some more trainment... cause since its started throwing pistils, its smell increased a lot! Its good... but its also strong! So I gotta hide her! I found this "net" in the thrash disposal of a local super market. Its being used to guide the growth of this female... if she grows more... (im aware that the pot is small there fore it may keep her from growing)
c3eafc35cbe9d63b227bb4d58feaa50b.jpg

145f9cc9facf9c9e8a6da691672962f2.jpg

Some perspectives
6f3133b1f9795b710bd9b0322d6b9fd0.jpg

The seedlings are outdoor to get the heat of the sunlight during the day, and indoor for more cfl 40w, for being protected from the ants... and rain.

6fb853d699ddca67509c7a142151ef39.jpg

cf235a207731f15f611eefabc1847a4c.jpg

Damaged cotyledones didnt stop these folks!
9095925979f06b3f53c3ad2b1051eebe.jpg

4bbc833529fea0e4b650ffb8a71ce702.jpg

I just hope theres atleast one male...

Im also considering to grow a regular photoperiod sativa outdoor... so I can achieve a good smoke and amount! Its in the season... and I got random beanies all over so why not give it a chance? I just need to scrog it somewhere...
b2e625b70be0aa49654e0482c3b5c64c.jpg

When shall I feed seedlings?

They are amazingly slow... Im worried with them. :-/ and I cant put life to spare in this experiment.

Thanks for showing by and for all the kind regards!

You rule, AFN! [emoji173]

Now allow me to speak of my Fem#1 and the other two seedlings.

The pruned plant has shown some superior growth spots!

Instead of the main stem turning into two, It resulted in 3 branches, my dad says its usual... and thar the 3rd one usually grows weirdly. Ahahha the sucker seems to be correct!

9f89914996e21d0d4283c5d180c18e23.jpg

The plant shall now be set to some more trainment... cause since its started throwing pistils, its smell increased a lot! Its good... but its also strong! So I gotta hide her! I found this "net" in the thrash disposal of a local super market. Its being used to guide the growth of this female... if she grows more... (im aware that the pot is small there fore it may keep her from growing)
c3eafc35cbe9d63b227bb4d58feaa50b.jpg

145f9cc9facf9c9e8a6da691672962f2.jpg

Some perspectives
6f3133b1f9795b710bd9b0322d6b9fd0.jpg

The seedlings are outdoor to get the heat of the sunlight during the day, and indoor for more cfl 40w, for being protected from the ants... and rain.

6fb853d699ddca67509c7a142151ef39.jpg

cf235a207731f15f611eefabc1847a4c.jpg

Damaged cotyledones didnt stop these folks!
9095925979f06b3f53c3ad2b1051eebe.jpg

4bbc833529fea0e4b650ffb8a71ce702.jpg

I just hope theres atleast one male...

Im also considering to grow a regular photoperiod sativa outdoor... so I can achieve a good smoke and amount! Its in the season... and I got random beanies all over so why not give it a chance? I just need to scrog it somewhere...
b2e625b70be0aa49654e0482c3b5c64c.jpg

When shall I feed seedlings?

They are amazingly slow... Im worried with them. :-/ and I cant put life to spare in this experiment.

Thanks for showing by and for all the kind regards!

You rule, AFN! [emoji173]

Back