Indoor Autotron's organic super soil perpetual grow

They're continuing nicely. The Sour Crack are continuing to stretch and put out their first flowers. The AvT and WC are still in seedling mode. Just showing their second node. I realized I've been over watering them a bit. I put my finger into the soil and it came out smelling a bit funky. I can see it in the leaves too. I'm used to 3-gallon pots and these are 1 and 2 gallon ones, so I've been watering them every two or three days. I'll be cutting back on that and watching the soil moisture closely.

I'm about to whip up a batch of The Rev's TLO 2.0 soil mix. After ordering from various places and going to a few different hydro shops and Home Depot in my area, I've procured all the ingredients along with a few extras like shrimp and crab meal.

6E6B0E84-2128-42F1-A004-1D169707A9BA.jpeg
5ADEAECA-B2BF-440D-9203-A982C0B9DE03.jpeg
11B0978B-C8B9-4708-97B4-0EBA965FAF39.jpeg

I like to use a good mister for watering younger plants for just that reason.It makes it easier to maintain an even moisture level and with fabric bags I spray down the sides and bottom of the bag too.I also try to water at the outer edges of the pot too and avoid spraying the middle for the first couple weeks as I think it helps them to form a roots system faster through the pot when the roots have to search a bit for water.Damn you went and bought all the stuff for the Rev’s mix at once that must’ve been an investment my friend!I added them one by one until I built up my supplies which will last a good long while.I also eat a lot of shrimp and crab and lobster and save all my shells for fertilizer along with banana peels and cantaloupe rinds which have awesome p and k numbers.I think the three that I like best are alfalfa,kelp and crustacean meal a lot of good stuff in those other then the npk.Biostimulants!

@BISCUITS @Eyes on Fire @hecno

I bought some bokashi too. Is that OK to mix in with super soil before you cook it? I feel like it will will help kickstart the life in the soil, but I haven't seen many people include it in their recipes. I usually see people just use it for composting.

Mate I can not help you , I live in a remote area tropics , I make every thing from what I can get out of my yard . Please spend some time understanding inputs that you want to add to soil , If you do not under stand you will have problems about 5 weeks in , then is the time you will go :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: what did I do . If you want to see good stuff . check these guys out . trailanimal -- Jravin -- Mr eyes .-- the green bandit --- from one extreme to the other . We here will help you , but more info you can tell use the more we can help --- Like grow room space , Temps -- humidity -- Lights --they all play a part in how your soil works , It is not like making pan cakes . :thumbsup:

Yeah man, I have used Bokashi in my friggin soils for ohhh, 2-3 years easy now and teas longer. thats what got me using it in my soils from my teas.So yeah its a Probiotic predominately ,yet offers several benefits Including an Inoculate and food for worms (mixed with other things) and a boost for mellow life teas and enzyme teas.

Yeah man, I have used Bokashi in my friggin soils for ohhh, 2-3 years easy now and teas longer. thats what got me using it in my soils from my teas.So yeah its a Probiotic predominately ,yet offers several benefits Including an Inoculate and food for worms (mixed with other things) and a boost for mellow life teas and enzyme teas.

Nice, I was worried that it might outcompete some of the other beneficial bacteria in the soil and lower the pH and fuck up the soil cook since it works differently and is primarily anaerobic bacteria that doesn't get hot.

Subbed! Roots is a pretty good mix.Did you cook the soil first or just jumping in.? In smart pots I have had very good success with bottom dressing my pots along with top dressing.I also spike like the Rev recommends with Jobes organic vegetable spikes.They have an npk of 2-7-4 and are just bone and feather meal and are super cheap.I only use two per pot and seems to be enough to get a gram per watt under leds.I also hope you are mulching which is SUPER important for a living soil mix and top dry with good ewc’s.I love the strains you are growing and PE gets very “gassy” grown organically.Sending good grow vibes your way auto!

Biscuits, what size pots are you using? What’s your source on EWC?

Hell yes use Bokashi! Effective Microorganisms or Em1 is da bomb too.If I was having an orgy I would invite all the good girls I know .@ MrOldBoy I use 2 gal smart pots and when I am low on my own EWC I will use organic gardening solutions ewc’s or get it from Make Organic Soil.com.Both of their worm’s castings have been fed the same things I feed my own most importantly crab meal, kelp, alfalfa and lots of rock dusts.Good shit! Literally!

And worms love Bokashi too.From what I have seen it does only good things when used as directed.I am about to start putting it on my cereal.Look up Korean Natural farming and the guy behind EM1.Very smart guy and interesting reading for a dork like myself.

When growing organically you will begin to see fertilizer all around you.Wait flax seed meal is high in phosphorus and magnesium and good fats I bet my soil would like it too.Chia seeds are good too and fruit peels are some of the best for P and especially K.Hey I have some stale bran flakes I bet my worms would love these.aOh shit there is a forest behind my house with a never ending supply of black leaf mold and mycorrhizae I guess I could use that instead of buying the stuff from the grow store.I am not buying into the myco thing for fast growing annuals anyways.Marijuana prefers a bacterial dominant substrate for the most part.I am not saying myco don’t work but don’t expect miracles with autos.Photos are a different animal when you can delay or control the vegetive period to let the myco get established before going into flowering.

Back