Indoor Autotron's organic super soil perpetual grow

Subbed! Roots is a pretty good mix.Did you cook the soil first or just jumping in.? In smart pots I have had very good success with bottom dressing my pots along with top dressing.I also spike like the Rev recommends with Jobes organic vegetable spikes.They have an npk of 2-7-4 and are just bone and feather meal and are super cheap.I only use two per pot and seems to be enough to get a gram per watt under leds.I also hope you are mulching which is SUPER important for a living soil mix and top dry with good ewc’s.I love the strains you are growing and PE gets very “gassy” grown organically.Sending good grow vibes your way auto!

I didn't cook the soil first after amending it. I thought about it, but then thought that they could get by the first thirty days with what was already in the soil by which time it will have cooked a bit anyways. I'll take a look at those spikes, I'm down for doing whatever is needed to get the best out of organic. I haven't mulched yet, either. I had figured I would just top dress with some of the Bloom nutes, EWC and a compost tea as soon as flower kicks in to give them all they need. What do you suggest I mulch with? Thanks man, I appreciate the helpful comments and good vibes!

Use like composted shredded bark.Cooking the soil is a lot more then making nutes available.It is more about the soil stabilizing and becoming a better buffer.Living roots are not always happy with decomposing media in the soil.You should be fine but definitely mulch it really does make for happy plants.I usually wait until they are about 10-14 days old then I top dress with all purpose 4-4-4 add about an inch or two of ewc’s on top of that then a tspn or two of ground malted barley and then the mulch on top of that.Then when you top dress later for flower you can add it on top of the mulch and water in.Also I would highly recommend reading TLO 2.0 by the Rev if you plan on staying with organics.REMEMBER TO KISS and you will be fine and fall in love with the quality of true organics.

Another great thing about smart pots is bottom dressing.This is where you sprinkle a tspn or two of amendments directly into the catch tray and then sub irrigate.I will mix nutes with ewc’s and ground malted barley and add that to the catch tray and sub irrigate.Its like an instant tea every time I water.Also when I water I add half on top and half to the bottom.Living soil prefers constant moisture levels (not soggy) but moist.This is another benefit of mulching get it!

I also very rarely make actual teas these days.I will simply make a slurry or extract.So much easier and no clean up.If the microbes are in the soil and fed very well they will grow exponentially and self regulate.I also pre charge my ewc’s before using for extract or tea for fungal growth.

@BISCUITS

Hello hope all is well ,,,,,,, Read a few of your posts, some good info, think I’ll Follow you, knowledge is power .....
Question, with your malted barley do you grind or buy ground?

@BISCUITS @Tommy McCain I saw some of your insightful comments in the organic section and would love to have you guys sub up and tag along for my grow if you're willing!

I tag ya brother- always interested in organic grow! I’ll bring a few buddies along as well.

A3A2818B-D091-4712-A81A-044F8C4DAE49.jpeg

@Autotron ..... Mulch, I use sweet barley straw - worms like it and feeds the soil, albeit not much but a lot for container mulching .... and it looks good and cover crop can get thru ....

https://buildasoil.com/products/barley-straw-mulch

feed store, they carry straw just not sure of their sources or type of straw ... I’m not an expert so I spent the $12 and got online .... more than enough for 25 or more containers and nice straw and packing, stores nice and is convenient.
8F563ACD-FF7F-4CCE-8AD8-21CA4A13F116.jpeg

@Autotron ..... Mulch, I use sweet barley straw - worms like it and feeds the soil, albeit not much but a lot for container mulching .... and it looks good and cover crop can get thru ....

https://buildasoil.com/products/barley-straw-mulch

feed store, they carry straw just not sure of their sources or type of straw ... I’m not an expert so I spent the $12 and got online .... more than enough for 25 or more containers and nice straw and packing, stores nice and is convenient.
View attachment 1016211
Looks like a very healthy plant, nice job.

Back