Humboldt Seed Organization Autotron does HSO UK Cheese - Hydro, COB

Thank you so much for getting the 1st diary going in this newly formed HSO support forum :bong:

Dwc always performs well and so does our Auto UK cheese.

Let's see what you can do my friend!

All conditions sound fantastic and we have a nice and healthy baby UK cheese auto joining the autoflowering fun :pass:

Good luck with the grow. We will be watching this with interest :thumbsup:

Keep the updates coming and sending positive vibes from Humboldt County :bong:

Kind regards

Mark..

Subb'ed in, @Autotron I'll be watching & chipping in some hints as well. Long time GH Expert Recirculating grower so I should be able to give you some meaningful suggestions directly with no generalities.

So I posted some stuff on your other thread, turns out I was behind on your timeline. So this past Monday (this thread) you said "Today was the first feeding, at a week old. The bucket had a little over 2.5 gallons of plain water in it. To the entire thing, I added 5 ml each of Micro/Grow/Bloom, 5 ml of RapidStart, 5 ml of Diamond Nectar and 10ml of FloraBlend, per the GH schedule on the website.". Were those 5 & 10 figures TOTAL or PER GALLON?
Reason for that question - my post on your other thread suggested 1/4tsp per gallon. But that was new seedling. After the plant reaches three nodes I like to mix that up to 2.5mL (1/2tsp.) per gallon. Once the plant takes off (you aren't there yet) I go to 5mL per gallon.
There's some other fine details but I won't throw those out until I make sure I've caught up with where you are today.

My current run I decided to let the plants grow to the Autocobs. Started at 30" and the lights are down to 12-13" on a couple plants with no ill affects. General health very good. I have a 1:1 cbd/thc Blimburn Mamba Negra that is a monster.

Hey AW, I did a Blimburn Mamba Negra Auto (not the CBD version) awhile back & can't wait to run another round. Got a 3-pack of dud seeds from a seedbank (not the breeder) otherwise I'd already have one going. This was one of the best strains I've ever done - yield was good and frost was unbelievable. And if I recall, I got 20-something percent hash to sugar trim weight using an ISO quick-wash, so whatever you do, save the sugar trim leaves!!!
Do you have a grow thread? I'd like to see the CBD version in action.

So I posted some stuff on your other thread, turns out I was behind on your timeline. So this past Monday (this thread) you said "Today was the first feeding, at a week old. The bucket had a little over 2.5 gallons of plain water in it. To the entire thing, I added 5 ml each of Micro/Grow/Bloom, 5 ml of RapidStart, 5 ml of Diamond Nectar and 10ml of FloraBlend, per the GH schedule on the website.". Were those 5 & 10 figures TOTAL or PER GALLON?
Reason for that question - my post on your other thread suggested 1/4tsp per gallon. But that was new seedling. After the plant reaches three nodes I like to mix that up to 2.5mL (1/2tsp.) per gallon. Once the plant takes off (you aren't there yet) I go to 5mL per gallon.
There's some other fine details but I won't throw those out until I make sure I've caught up with where you are today.

Glad to have you along bro! No, I added those nutes to the entire 2.5 gallon bucket, not per gallon or liter. Took my PPM to 400. I got a little worried the next day that that was too high though, so added a gallon of pH'ed and bubbled water to dilute it a bit. That took the PPM down to 300. Also tossed in a bit of Hydroguard. I'm gonna do a result change on Sunday and will post some pics. She's growing quite nicely so far!

Thanks for the tag, I’m excited to watch the grow.

As far as heights go it’s impossible to give an exact number for every space. I don’t think anylight company should give exact numbers. Your height is based on a dozen if not more variables. If it is just one light and one plant that’s different than 2 lights for one plant as an example. If the plants in an open space or if the plants in a smaller tent. Basically as low as possible is the best answer. In veg I wouldn’t go much lower than 20” but as the plant ages it’s best to shrink the gap gradually until you see signs of slight stress and back it off.

Probably not the answer you were looking for. But I’d hate to do offer advice that didn’t fit either.

Quick question for you @BigSm0 . I have one of those lux meters that people use to measure the lumens output of their MH/HPS. I know that PAR is the important metric for grow lights, but lumens is also a handy rough guide for knowing how far to put your lights and how much "light" they are pumping out.

My question is, can you use one of these meters in the same way for COB lights, or is the type/spectrum of light different and not measurable for one of these meters?

Quick question for you @BigSm0 . I have one of those lux meters that people use to measure the lumens output of their MH/HPS. I know that PAR is the important metric for grow lights, but lumens is also a handy rough guide for knowing how far to put your lights and how much "light" they are pumping out.

My question is, can you use one of these meters in the same way for COB lights, or is the type/spectrum of light different and not measurable for one of these meters?
Yes you can use the lux meter. But the downside is you can’t really use it between lights for comparing. You are correct the spectrum does affect the numbers. Cheaper Par meters aren’t far off lux meters, expensive par meters are a whole new game.

Back