AutoSeeds Summer 2023 Grow & Show

You gotta go autos, i tried a few photos and the 1st thing i noticed was they are not fast, seed to harvest always 100+ days and i use way more nutrients and electricity compared to a 50-65 day seed to harvest with less nutrients used never going over 700ppm on autos, photo plants want 1000+ppm onwards up to almost double what a auto plant will handle without burning and they want it for a very long time.

Pros and cons for sure, some pros i like about photos are vegging a monster and then shaping it into a giant when it flowers but i never out yield my autos vs the time and money spent on photos, also bonsai plants are only possible with photos.
Thanks, for the breakdown.
I do understand the pro's and cons, I have been growing photo's since the 1970's its just habit more than anything, :baked:
At the moment I have a good stash so will not be growing for a while, probably start again in 6 months or so,
Due to electricity costs more than anything I do plan to try auto's,
Have a lot of seeds to choose from and delivered next day, so no rush on decisions, but you know, the plans of mice and men and all that.

I really like your plants by the way.
👍

Thanks, for the breakdown.
I do understand the pro's and cons, I have been growing photo's since the 1970's its just habit more than anything, :baked:
At the moment I have a good stash so will not be growing for a while, probably start again in 6 months or so,
Due to electricity costs more than anything I do plan to try auto's,
Have a lot of seeds to choose from and delivered next day, so no rush on decisions, but you know, the plans of mice and men and all that.

I really like your plants by the way.
👍
Thanks! i was pretty high while trying to write that break down :crying:

I'm still pretty new to growing but even newer when it comes to photo plants, i do love the ability to clone photos i forgot that pro. i cloned my last photo run and had a blast.

Thanks! i was pretty high while trying to write that break down :crying:

I'm still pretty new to growing but even newer when it comes to photo plants, i do love the ability to clone photos i forgot that pro. i cloned my last photo run and had a blast.
I am kinda envious of people who have space to run bigger tents, outdoor grows, etc, living in a city apartment has its drawbacks, space being especially restricted. Anyways I am pushing my brain to try auto's on the next grow period, but then I look at all my photo seeds and think 'what a waste' ah, decision,, decisions, luckilly that decision is still 6 months down the road.

Sex
Day 27 ladies are chugging along. All have shown pistils and are getting ready to hit pre flowering

Pink Runtz Day 27
IMG_20230709_121206174.jpg

Rainbow Glue day 27

IMG_20230709_121200910.jpg

Gorilla glue day 20

IMG_20230709_121158211.jpg

Both of my ph pens are wrong and i'm not sure how long they have been wrong, they both were reading near each other so i thought they were good. I ordered a new pen and after calibrating it i found my res in the other tent was 3.8-4 ph when i thought it was 5.8-6 ph. I just dumped in 13 gallons of corrected ph megacrop in the kiddie pool hoping to correct the issue.

I was wondering why i was needing so much ph down and why my tap was 8.4 when its suppose to be 7-7.5

I'm happy to have caught this early as this could of ruined the grow, i think i'm going to order that bluelab ph pen and some storage solution so i can be more on my game.

I don't know what is going on but I can't post any pictures....

Turning a little yellow it's alright I changed their feed to megacrop the Royal gold wasn't cutting it...so I used that on my garden and megacrop is my new goto...the GSC is having some issues...so im trying to see if megacrop will fix this issue...i see they got a darker green since i started the MC...
20230711_073605.jpg

Day 54/55 for the OD children. Doing good in their three gal cloth pots. Have seen no problems so far… still doing what they do.
IMG_3215.jpeg
IMG_3216.jpeg
IMG_3217.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpeg

Got a little tiger lily encroachment on the rainbow glue.

Back