Grow Mediums Auto’s on Auto-Pilot

I will second what Hemi said, I too am jealous. They look like store bought plastic trees. So pretty and perfect. You sure do have a way with the green ladies.

Thanks @Nosias things are growing well this round. So far, no pH issues, no roots blowing out of pots (which by the way, I will never re-use an RCD again. I am convinced that caused my root issues last round) and no serious pest problems. Knock on wood for luck!! Thanks again Brother....got my sights set on harvest for these auto's and if timed right, I'll pull the two out of the outdoor plot end of July and put two more autpot vegged plants back in to see if they will finish bt end of october (auto's mind you).

I Love growing marijuana!!!

Thanks @Nosias things are growing well this round. So far, no pH issues, no roots blowing out of pots (which by the way, I will never re-use an RCD again. I am convinced that caused my root issues last round) and no serious pest problems. Knock on wood for luck!! Thanks again Brother....got my sights set on harvest for these auto's and if timed right, I'll pull the two out of the outdoor plot end of July and put two more autpot vegged plants back in to see if they will finish bt end of october (auto's mind you).

I Love growing marijuana!!!
You make it look so easy. I have re-used my RCD three times. I feel you ladies were just so healthy they had to bust out.

@Screwauger
You make it look so easy. I have re-used my RCD three times. I feel you ladies were just so healthy they had to bust out.
:yeahthat:

Now it’s my turn to concur with Nosias. I have reused......., oh wait I don’t even use AP’s RCD. I use weed barrier cloth cut to fit and I reuse them all the time. I have never had the misfortune? of a root breakout, but i haven’t matched your sizes and yields yet either. :bow:

It's been a while so let's do an Update.

Not sure if I mentioned it here yet but started to notice some calcium def. on both autopot plants (BBA and PHA). This despite my mix containing 2.5ml/L calmag. After a bit more study, I concluded that my pH was the culprit causing lockout of calcium (I think). My pH pefect nutes, being designed to swing upward over the week or so, were never quite making it down far enough. A fresh batch of nutes, at 1.5ml/L of base nutrients left me with a ph of 6.0. I had this problem last grow and got into a jam using ph down in my mix.

So I consulted AN support and after a few back and forths, we determned that I should pH down to the 5.7 or lower using their ph down. They said you should never use nitric acid to lower ph in flower, only phosphoric acid (AN Ph Down). Given that my mixture would start out at roughly 6.0 and slowly swing up, my plants were not able to use the calcium in the mix, for the most part. Regardless, things have been growing quite nicely.

I have switched the tent plant (Blueberry Auto) Day 74 from Big Bud to Overdrive at 1ml/L along with the 1.5ml/L base nutes, 2.5ml/L calmag, 1ml/L Bud Candy, and 2ml/gallon hydroguard. I also use Drp Clean but in minuscule amounts. The Purple Haze auto (PHA) outside in the autopot is on full bloom nutes with Big Bud at Day 63.

The rest of my plants are outdoors and the Amnesia Haze auto (AHA) and AK47 Auto are at Day 74 also but they are not getting nutes other than what I put in the soil (bat guano, bone meal, etc) which has turned out to be quite hot as the tips are burnt.

BBA
28302581957_ec2042bfb9_o.jpg

28302583567_af8a0fe89d_o.jpg

28302584687_6a260dd176_o.jpg

43122698452_ea089c9a22_o.jpg

43172291541_28dd8f36bf_o.jpg

43172295291_355786c7e0_o.jpg

43172296691_9d758b2a8b_o.jpg

43172297031_606f0d1547_o.jpg

PHA
43172296721_5918c7c891_o.jpg

28291316907_8353bf4827_o.jpg

41350249810_f7c3e15599_o.jpg

Group Shots of AHA, AK47 and Pineapple Haze Clone
41350240550_9683ceb6d7_o.jpg

41350250360_3a358902d3_o.jpg

29300957328_f12ece7ce7_o.jpg

Thanks for stopping in...hope you enjoy the pics!!

One thing that might be interesting for the AP users. My PHA is outside, with res in the garage. We received over 2 inches of rain over three days and I was using a syringe to draw water out of the tray several times a day. Hindsight, I should have put the plant under cover.

After the rains, I pulled the pot out of the tray and wanted it to drain real well to get all of the rain water out of it.
It would not drain. Yes there were drops coming out of it but after several hours it still weighed a ton and was full of water.
I'm using pure coco.
I went drastic and put the entire root mass and air dome in a fresh pot with a fresh RCD. Immediately started draining normally and thoroughly.
Not had this happen but for one reason or another, something was preventing it to fully drain out.
Just FYI.

Yup, had to wonder since she's so used to bottom feeding that maybe the rain (flush) washed all the tiny bits down through the root ball. Odd but we overcome and battle on to get our meds.

It's been a while so let's do an Update.

Not sure if I mentioned it here yet but started to notice some calcium def. on both autopot plants (BBA and PHA). This despite my mix containing 2.5ml/L calmag. After a bit more study, I concluded that my pH was the culprit causing lockout of calcium (I think). My pH pefect nutes, being designed to swing upward over the week or so, were never quite making it down far enough. A fresh batch of nutes, at 1.5ml/L of base nutrients left me with a ph of 6.0. I had this problem last grow and got into a jam using ph down in my mix.

So I consulted AN support and after a few back and forths, we determned that I should pH down to the 5.7 or lower using their ph down. They said you should never use nitric acid to lower ph in flower, only phosphoric acid (AN Ph Down). Given that my mixture would start out at roughly 6.0 and slowly swing up, my plants were not able to use the calcium in the mix, for the most part. Regardless, things have been growing quite nicely.

I have switched the tent plant (Blueberry Auto) Day 74 from Big Bud to Overdrive at 1ml/L along with the 1.5ml/L base nutes, 2.5ml/L calmag, 1ml/L Bud Candy, and 2ml/gallon hydroguard. I also use Drp Clean but in minuscule amounts. The Purple Haze auto (PHA) outside in the autopot is on full bloom nutes with Big Bud at Day 63.

The rest of my plants are outdoors and the Amnesia Haze auto (AHA) and AK47 Auto are at Day 74 also but they are not getting nutes other than what I put in the soil (bat guano, bone meal, etc) which has turned out to be quite hot as the tips are burnt.

BBA
View attachment 925902

View attachment 925903

View attachment 925904

View attachment 925905

View attachment 925906

View attachment 925907

View attachment 925908

View attachment 925909

PHA
View attachment 925910

View attachment 925911

View attachment 925912

Group Shots of AHA, AK47 and Pineapple Haze Clone
View attachment 925913

View attachment 925914

View attachment 925915

Thanks for stopping in...hope you enjoy the pics!!
That is an amazing looking outdoor garden. I live way out in the country and could never get away with that. :slap:

Back