Grow Mediums Auto’s on Auto-Pilot

We are not dissimilar in this fashion. Smell is a large part of my life, in all aspects. I initially pushed aside my green crack for similar reasons. It has improved with more cure but frankly, it smells funky in the raw state and tastes strange to me. I gave away and sold all of what I grew outdoors last year because it just tasted like sh*t. I do value the smell but it's all about that first hit/taste for me and as this growing thing goes on I am sure I will become more of a snob /s

So I think I get it and you eased my pain of losing $30 worth of coveted beans!! I can say, I hope this ak47 auto tastes even a fraction as good as the local ak47!! I'm also leary of writing off strain grown only with chem fertilizers. While I am not an organic nut or anything, I suspect my buddies outdoor grown dope with only natural nutes (kelp, fish emulsion etc) tastes really good in part, because of these factors.

At this stage, minus any major issues, I am on track to have some producers in the tent in my opinion. I know the blueberry tastes and smells terrific, the rest are unknowns.
What do you do when you have 50 beans of something you don’t like? :rofl: A grower friend shared his beans after a massive breeding project with the SSDD. So now have all these beans that I will probably drop into the police stations and town hall flower pots for giggles. They grow so darkly no one might notice? :shrug:

Thanks @Nosias glad to have you looking on!!

Not update day though I did feed the PHA today Day 15 but wow, we have explosive AP growth over the past five days

Friday May 11
View attachment 907171

Today
View attachment 907172

That is some amazing growth for five days. Looking really good. :d5:

OMG :drool:

You have this one dialed in. They look beautiful and so green, so healthy and they look like poster children for the weed festival poster. They look so alive. Yes, that is right ALIVE.
:worship:

I know for myself it is hard some time to see the colas as the buds get in the way. So from this side, it looks perfect.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I also only use coco in my auto pots. Somebody is going to have a FULL TENT !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Man. Appreciate your kind assessments and glad to have you along for the grow!!

How are you liking your Green Crack. Small smoke report :slap: :coco:

I've got quite a bit to say so bear with me. @Nosias Not the least of which is thank you for the Rep!!
The GCA produced some of the most dense and solid buds I have ever grown.
The colors and the feel of them just screams excellent dope.
At first, with only a 4 week (or so cure) I was not very happy.
The buds had an off aroma, sort of "grassy" but not like they had turned or were two moist (bad cure).
The flavor has remained fairly consistent from that point through the present: a mango/citrus"y" initial taste followed by an almost spicey/black pepper kind of palate. Strange.
I admit, I didn't initially care for the taste or the smell but;
with more cure time, the nugs/jars smell much more spicey/skunky (dank) and cutting up a nugget smells delicious and quite dank.
The taste has not improved or changed but is a smooth smoke, not harsh and I can take fairly large bong hits as compared to other strains.
I am a taste guy and like my weed to be sort of smooth-sweet if that's a description. The best weed is one that leaves me exhaling saying yum yum yum that's tasty smoke.
GCA does not do that for me but it does pack a whallop with an initial head rush/high followed by a creeping body buzz. It makes my knees feel like they are "grinning" from ear to ear (tendon to tendon??) LOL.
Here is another personal observation: Twice now I have noticed (and been accused of) being "testy" or "short fused" temperamentally over the past 3 months and that's not my norm. I am a no hassles type non confrontational, status quo not easily angered kinda dewd. I had to agree with my GF that I was indeed quick to go off and both episodes were when I had brought out the GCA to use solely for a few days. Not sure it has anything to do with the weed as I am like you, human and prone to complexities but; I am an investigator and fairly observant and inquisitive with a research oriented personality. It's hard to shake out but I am continuing to test my null hypothesis on this matter.

In summary (and this is only one chronic tokers opinion), GCA is good for getting baked (and I've read is an awesome rosin producer) but it doesn't taste as pleasant as I would like and may cause irritability and a desire to tell the world to fuck off!! Hope this helps my friend. (ps I'm still holding about 6 ounces from that one auto)

Your welcome to the soap box. I appreciate your input and experience. Once agin each plant is different, just like us humans

I've got quite a bit to say so bear with me. @Nosias Not the least of which is thank you for the Rep!!
The GCA produced some of the most dense and solid buds I have ever grown.
The colors and the feel of them just screams excellent dope.
At first, with only a 4 week (or so cure) I was not very happy.
The buds had an off aroma, sort of "grassy" but not like they had turned or were two moist (bad cure).
The flavor has remained fairly consistent from that point through the present: a mango/citrus"y" initial taste followed by an almost spicey/black pepper kind of palate. Strange.
I admit, I didn't initially care for the taste or the smell but;
with more cure time, the nugs/jars smell much more spicey/skunky (dank) and cutting up a nugget smells delicious and quite dank.
The taste has not improved or changed but is a smooth smoke, not harsh and I can take fairly large bong hits as compared to other strains.
I am a taste guy and like my weed to be sort of smooth-sweet if that's a description. The best weed is one that leaves me exhaling saying yum yum yum that's tasty smoke.
GCA does not do that for me but it does pack a whallop with an initial head rush/high followed by a creeping body buzz. It makes my knees feel like they are "grinning" from ear to ear (tendon to tendon??) LOL.
Here is another personal observation: Twice now I have noticed (and been accused of) being "testy" or "short fused" temperamentally over the past 3 months and that's not my norm. I am a no hassles type non confrontational, status quo not easily angered kinda dewd. I had to agree with my GF that I was indeed quick to go off and both episodes were when I had brought out the GCA to use solely for a few days. Not sure it has anything to do with the weed as I am like you, human and prone to complexities but; I am an investigator and fairly observant and inquisitive with a research oriented personality. It's hard to shake out but I am continuing to test my null hypothesis on this matter.

In summary (and this is only one chronic tokers opinion), GCA is good for getting baked (and I've read is an awesome rosin producer) but it doesn't taste as pleasant as I would like and may cause irritability and a desire to tell the world to fuck off!! Hope this helps my friend. (ps I'm still holding about 6 ounces from that one auto)

If you were to exclusively press rosin from plants, I think that takes the curing, bad hay taste, out of the equation. You don't need to cure. Just dry it. So it takes way less time to use. Tastes great, even fresh off the plant, less work, less jars, faster from harvest us usable product, way more potent medicine. There are lots of pluses and benefits of going to a rosin approach.

Sorry I should have mentioned that not all plants or strains press that well. so it would be hard to just do rosin exclusively. I think. I need to experience this for myself once my press is up and used for a while over the next months to a year and with different strains. I just heard this from others.

Update Friday May 25, 2018

Hey growers! It’s Friday and that’s gonna be my standard update day for this grow.
Soon, I will have 3 plants outdoors and 2 plants indoors.

All 4 plants in the tent are currently getting supplemental air and continuous bottom feedings (I have two Autopots and I am improvising on the other two plants). The Nute mix is the same as 5/11 though I did add Hydroguard at 2ml/gallon (out of a sense of extreme caution re: root rot, etc). I cleaned the res and added 8 gallons on Monday 5/21 and the res measured 4 gallons remaining this afternoon!! Dialed in is a possible thought one might have!!! The overall progress is remarkable and the 2 plants moving outdoors will do so on Sunday 5/27 when I add a gifted pineapple haze clone and place all three in dappled light for hardening off. I am eager to get the fem pineapple in the ground, the auto’s I am in no hurry, they are about to go into full bloom as soon as I get them inserted and start their bloom nutes.

PHA Day 24 (Autopot hooked up 5/20)
41626149614_f02e30ab20_o.jpg

41626149504_e9b5e6f19b_o.jpg

40542225100_8e36c56ac1_o.jpg

41446747125_d4e6246789_o.jpg

BBA Day 35
40535227420_9bee4e3e89_o.jpg

42342204211_9662f3283e_o.jpg

40535227510_d0e3449a40_o.jpg

AHA Day 35
She’s a monster and look at that supercropped mainstem!!! Rockin.
42300964762_e0c3d61b97_o.jpg

27479813207_85b9c8fc38_o.jpg

Inked42300964772_8648314602_o_LI.jpg

27479813207_85b9c8fc38_o.jpg

AK47 Day 35

41628745194_1ff5e2e4c9_o.jpg

42302884172_a2e2106e61_o.jpg

42302884212_7943ba0313_o.jpg

Thanks gang for taking a look, providing insight and critiquing where necessary! Peace.

Attachments

• 41628745094_96b236301e_o.jpg
    41628745094_96b236301e_o.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 143
Update Friday May 25, 2018

Hey growers! It’s Friday and that’s gonna be my standard update day for this grow.
Soon, I will have 3 plants outdoors and 2 plants indoors.

All 4 plants in the tent are currently getting supplemental air and continuous bottom feedings (I have two Autopots and I am improvising on the other two plants). The Nute mix is the same as 5/11 though I did add Hydroguard at 2ml/gallon (out of a sense of extreme caution re: root rot, etc). I cleaned the res and added 8 gallons on Monday 5/21 and the res measured 4 gallons remaining this afternoon!! Dialed in is a possible thought one might have!!! The overall progress is remarkable and the 2 plants moving outdoors will do so on Sunday 5/27 when I add a gifted pineapple haze clone and place all three in dappled light for hardening off. I am eager to get the fem pineapple in the ground, the auto’s I am in no hurry, they are about to go into full bloom as soon as I get them inserted and start their bloom nutes.

PHA Day 24 (Autopot hooked up 5/20)
View attachment 910966

View attachment 910965

View attachment 910963

View attachment 910964

BBA Day 35
View attachment 910971

View attachment 910973

View attachment 910972

AHA Day 35
She’s a monster and look at that supercropped mainstem!!! Rockin.
View attachment 910975

View attachment 910974

View attachment 910976

View attachment 910977

AK47 Day 35

View attachment 910979

View attachment 910980

View attachment 910981

Thanks gang for taking a look, providing insight and critiquing where necessary! Peace.
Looking really good. :d5:

You do have them dialed in. That fan leave is huge !! Imagine the buds .... They all will make you very happy. You know you can do this. You are doing it all with perfection.

Here is some rep for you.:slap::chimp::slap:

Back