Grow Mediums Autopots with what medium...

I am running coco with Remo in autopots right now. Started seeing some lock out issues recently but as @Olderfart says, you just keep learning and try new things to try to minimize. I use Mokoko which was prebuffered and it seems to work well. I’m still new as well but my thread is in this autopot section of you want to check it out. Cheers and good luck with your grow :smoking:

Think I'm experiencing a little nute build up myself. What's the best strategy you've found to combat this? PH'd flush with a 1/4 strength does of nutes after (or 1/2) or just lower the nutes in the next res fill up? I also tried to dry them out for a few days and that may have made it worse, but 3 days of no additional water and they never showed signs of underwatering.
Sorry mate, missed this earlier. What I have done for nute buildup is flush until the runoff is in spec, then do a final rinse with the nute mix I want. The last one took most of a laundry tub of flushing.

Think I'm experiencing a little nute build up myself. What's the best strategy you've found to combat this? PH'd flush with a 1/4 strength does of nutes after (or 1/2) or just lower the nutes in the next res fill up? I also tried to dry them out for a few days and that may have made it worse, but 3 days of no additional water and they never showed signs of underwatering.
I was on the ipad last night, so didn't type a long reply. If I can provide any details now that would be helpful, please let me know. How are the plants doing now?

I was on the ipad last night, so didn't type a long reply. If I can provide any details now that would be helpful, please let me know. How are the plants doing now?

Girls are, surprisingly, doing great. Cutting off the water for those 3 days to let the medium dry out helped so when I fertigated with ph'd water, they took it up quickly. Been keeping an eye on the ph and ec of the water in the pot compared to the res and at first the ph and ec was slightly higher than where I wanted, so I dropped the ph in the res to combat it initially. I've since added a new batch to the res and lowered the ec a bit since I was getting some leaf tip burn. Everything going really good now - girls are thickening up. Almost to the finish line! :peace:

20210309_095013[1].jpg

Girls are, surprisingly, doing great. Cutting off the water for those 3 days to let the medium dry out helped so when I fertigated with ph'd water, they took it up quickly. Been keeping an eye on the ph and ec of the water in the pot compared to the res and at first the ph and ec was slightly higher than where I wanted, so I dropped the ph in the res to combat it initially. I've since added a new batch to the res and lowered the ec a bit since I was getting some leaf tip burn. Everything going really good now - girls are thickening up. Almost to the finish line! :peace:

View attachment 1295308
Excellent, sounds like you have it under control. The girls look like they are going to make some nice bud for you!

Good luck finishing things off. :pighug:

Well I am going with coco with perlite. I ordered a bale, and have washed it, and it is currently sitting in the second round of buffering solution.

Autopots have been shipped after being delayed 3 times. I ordered directly from autopots. I was starting to get annoyed after being told 3 different shipping dates and being delayed each time.

Dude from autopots made it right and gave me a $50 credit. They should be here Monday.

Pretty excited to get them!!

Well I am going with coco with perlite. I ordered a bale, and have washed it, and it is currently sitting in the second round of buffering solution.

Autopots have been shipped after being delayed 3 times. I ordered directly from autopots. I was starting to get annoyed after being told 3 different shipping dates and being delayed each time.

Dude from autopots made it right and gave me a $50 credit. They should be here Monday.

Pretty excited to get them!!
Good to know they are on your way. Tag me when you start a journal .

So autopots with the hook up! After delaying my shipment 3 times and several emails back and fourth, which the responded to very quickly every time, a $50 shipping credit, this showed up today with a bunch of goodies! Very impressed with their customer service now, was displeased about the multiple delays, but they made up for it.
20210323_165719.jpg
20210323_165816.jpg
20210323_165823.jpg
20210323_165832.jpg

Pretty good! This is a CX Horticulture brand nutrients lineup. Don't know much about them.

I've always used Promix HP I just switched to Sunshine #4 uses coco, peat and pearlite

Back