Grow Mediums Autopots with what medium...

MegaCrop two part has a fair bit of calcium and magnesium in it. You may get away without any cal mag in coco, but if I were you I would have some on hand just in case, and if you use it, do so very sparingly or you will cause more damage than good. If you go with coco, make sure that it is buffered before you plant in it. Have epsoms salt available as well. If it is only slight magnesium issues that come up, you may be able to sort them with a light foliar application of epsoms rather than using up nute headroom with CalMag. If you don't have CalMag yet, I would suggest grabbing some GH Calimagic. It has less nitrogen in it than most alternatives.

Good luck with it.
Thanks for stopping by @Olderfart , you have already had me ask him a 1,000 questions about autopots and have been very helpful.

I agree with all you said and yep, that's the plan so far.

I had picked that one first but I am growing Trizkits. A trizzlers/biscotti blend. Not sure what that means though!

Who has suggestions for pre buffered coco? If I like coco I will consider doing bricks of cheaper stuff and buffer it later.

Who has suggestions for pre buffered coco? If I like coco I will consider doing bricks of cheaper stuff and buffer it later.
I used cheap brick, thoroughly washed to get rid of fines and salts, and then buffered with cal mag. I would be careful of canna stuff, it seems to have ph buffering added already which could cause mischief with non canna nutes. Just my two cents, some peeps do well with it.

Reactions: EP3
Thanks brother. I use canna and clay balls pre mixed and buffered. No complaints.
Cheers,
EP3

Greeting fellow growers. I broke down and bought some autopots and I am trying to figure out what medium to use.

I do not want soil, or anything pre amended with nutes. I have mega crop 2 part and a ton of perlite, it's mother earth's perlite that is bit larger than the cheap stuff at the big box.

Could an all perlite autopot work, like a hempy bucket? I'm thinking maybe but not the best.

So I'm thinking coco would be an ideal medium to mix with the perlite.

Has anyone ran 2 part mega crop with coco in the autopots?

Will it work as good as coco nutes, which I "THINK" has just more calmag in it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

Would there be a need for additional calmag with the 2 part megacrop? I have read all about cal mag and coco, and all about people using it in everything and causing lockout.

I'm think @Mañ'O'Green 's hydro megacrop 2 part schedule would be the closest thing for my situation, but with he don't use coco.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's input.

Lay low, get high and enjoy your grow!! :bong: :baked: :toke:
I’m doing two autos at the minute an I used supercharged organic eco life soil an I’m just adding water no need for nutes. I planted the seeds straight in the medium an they shot up ok. This is them after 8 days from planting seed.

Attachments

• 7AFAB21B-67CA-435C-9C5F-047F05636CA9.jpeg
    7AFAB21B-67CA-435C-9C5F-047F05636CA9.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
@St. Tom I'm taking you up on the any questions you have ask away offer.

Please fire away, I think you do autopots and coco with remo nutes if I remember correctly...
I've used remo but i use emerald harvest now but I've had great success with both i also use coco/clay pebble mix also i know folks who use megacrop in autopots so i can get you some great advice there's @Nosias @pop22 @bushmasterar15 as these folks have it dialled right in so they will be such a help

There is someone using coco and mega crop young grasshopper not read the thread. But might give you an idea.

Back