Grow Mediums autopots vs non-autopots comparison

I have 4 plants of same variety in autopots right now and I have plants that look similar to both of yours. Same reservoir as well as everything else. 2 look good. 2 look like shit. Maybe different phenos require different things?

I'm not sure what caused what I had happen with this comparison. So going to try it again next run with two other strains.

I found the autopot root guards got caked with nutrients....acting like a filter. I believe this is why i also had nutrient problems. I ran two without root guards and they looked much better but the roots invaded the autovalve chamber. I switched to Octopots this run to see if i like them better. So far no real issues.

As for comparisons I found this a while ago on youtube.
The poster has made many comparison videos and I think they have some value. Have a look.

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I found it searching octopots. @MidnightSun Are you still using yours, and do/did you like it?
I liked the octopots. The large ones worked great they just took up alot of space in my old 4x4 ...I also tried the little ones but I couldn't ever get roots to fill the bottom chamber like the large. I gave them away with the 4x4 to a local...lights, seeds, feed, media....the works to a new grower. Id use them again though. The only down side for me was the amount of liquid. I use rain water, snow, and ice melt. They grew monsters though. I went back to autopots simply due to space needed.

I have been looking into them only because lately I have been traveling more and more. I had to leave the babies without water for two days and I hate that. Wanted to find something that was easy and worked well. These look like they would fit the bill.
I used to travel all the time which is exactly why I’ve used autopots. Setup the reservoir, even in full bloom, and come back a week later with no problems. No electric parts to worry about while you are gone. Keep your lines clean and clogs rarely happen.

Back