Grow Mediums autopots vs non-autopots comparison

Thanks. I have been contemplating autopots for quite a while. I think I’m gonna get the round trays but use different bags. What size pots r you using again.

Thanks. I have been contemplating autopots for quite a while. I think I’m gonna get the round trays but use different bags. What size pots r you using again.

Smaller the better for me. I have the small pots 2 gallon. And I even cut down a bunch of the normal 5 gallon pots to half size. But I kept two of the 5g just in case I grow an XL style plant down the road. If I was to redo it I'd do what you are looking at. The round trays with aqua valves but I'd be looking at some sort of small 2 gallon fabric smart pot instead of the 5 gallon pots they have in the kits they sell.

If you're going to use your own pots but still use the round trays I would talk to the USA guys and see if they will sell you just the round trays and valves and pack that order up and ship it to you. Instead of buying their kits. So source your own pots, fittings, tubing and reservoirs. maybe get the airdomes too.

Yeah I’m gonna use the rain science bags 2 and 3 gallon probably enough. What’s the average yield your getting in the 2 gal pots.

i love my autopots but im subbed up for your comparison what ec are you running your girls in veg im just curious

I can’t find the dimension of the smart pot xl base. They have dimension for the regular xl pot. which I’m thinking is the same. 10.4” diameter.

i love my autopots but im subbed up for your comparison what ec are you running your girls in veg im just curious

I use 0 ppm RO'd water and I don't check EC/PPM just PH. But I checked just now and its EC 1.9. 1100 PPM. I'm using Tangs Easy Advanced Nutes schedule right now so I just measure the A+B out and stir and then PH it. And dump in the reservoirs. I don't customize feeding to each plant either. I have 8 autopots on two reservoirs and both res get the same mix all the time no exception.

Here are the two Sweet Nurse. Day 57. in veg they looked like twins. It wasn't until well in to flowering that they started to differ a lot. I have no idea why that is.

I left the pics sideways because the perspective is better for seeing the plant canopy and leaf color.

First is the hand watered version with no airdome. It looks pretty decent. Second one is on the autopot irrigation and had an airdome as well. it looks sick is all I can say.

20181231_090006.jpg
20181231_090102.jpg

I use 0 ppm RO'd water and I don't check EC/PPM just PH. But I checked just now and its EC 1.9. 1100 PPM. I'm using Tangs Easy Advanced Nutes schedule right now so I just measure the A+B out and stir and then PH it. And dump in the reservoirs. I don't customize feeding to each plant either. I have 8 autopots on two reservoirs and both res get the same mix all the time no exception.
thanks pal

I have 4 plants of same variety in autopots right now and I have plants that look similar to both of yours. Same reservoir as well as everything else. 2 look good. 2 look like shit. Maybe different phenos require different things?

Back