Mephisto Genetics AutoPots Round 2 with 5 strains of Mephisto dank

hi bro and thanks for the tag and as you know I've grown with autopots since 2017 and as i always seem to get some kind of lockout or salt build-up every run i tried changing a few things this round so i bought the airdomes for this run and can say with certainty they didn't make a blind bit of difference to all my other runs also i run coco with clay balls most runs so maybe my next round i may go pure coco for a change see how that works out as by @pop22 s instructions here .anyhow so, in summary, every single run i always need to take at least one pot of the res to top feed to get the girl back in check so top feed for a week and then put her back on the res its a pain in the arse but for most of the weeks it saves me top feeding daily and if I'm honest i was going to stop using them after this run but I'm willing to try 100 per cent coco this next go

I also question auto pots stance. The airdome may be of value, and many people carry forward myths because they don't take the time to question things.
So I'm curious as to what did cause your issues. Possibly the medium? I'm not saying it is, exploring possibilities.

I know i was less than pleased by coco in autopots and my best results was with pure coco, no added perlite. My supposition is strictly anecdotal, but it seems to me coco is inconsistent in how it retains nutrients. That's when I started blending coco and soil, and my grows improved.
Sorry to @Need4Weed don't want to distract your thread.
Thanks to @pop22 I wish I had the soil knowledge that you have. My son, is into "organics" no til...and he has made my head spin explaining it to me and the labor he takes to make it work.
I just don't have the wherewithal do go about it. I hit the wall, and my vape, when he starts talking about his worm farm. Lol.

Im in m8 :d5: thanks for the tag :thumbsup: Good luck.
:bighug:Welcome aboard and thanks for following along! :pass:
Thanks for the karma bump. I surely need it! :pass:
I'm in..thx for the tag. Good growing!

FWIW-
I got a grow going with 2 plants in autopots and 2 plants hand watered same strains. I've never used airdomes, but have always put an inch or so of perlite in the bottom of the pot with either 100% coco or 70/30 coco to perlite. This time I DID NOT put a layer in the bottom of pot. I've observed the plants are lighter green in the autopots compared to the handwatered plants. Further, the autopot plants look droopy compared to the handwatered plants, suggesting to me overwatering. All plants fed with the same ratio of nutrients.
Welcome and thanks for following along! I screwed up enough plants growing in soil that I thought I knew what over-watered plants looked like, but never had a problem with it growing in coco/perlite, (until last grow). If I see it again this grow, (especially on all 4 plants), I plan to manually turn the res on and off to be certain they are getting the dry period they need to be healthy. I'm thinking twice a day open up the line for an hour and see how that works. I would try to set a schedule and plan more feedings, but I'm too damm lazy for that! :crying: :pass:
Thanks for the tag! Great to see you keep on with the Autopot!
Thanks for following along! I love not having to daily feed by hand. I'm getting to old for that shit! :hump: :pass:
Thanks for the tag. I'll be taking that big comfy chair in the front row!:pop:
Welcome Ducky :pighug:

Appreciate the tag bro! Pulling up a chair. I'll be starting a journal today for my first autopot run also.
Glad to have you along for the ride @YoungGrassh0pper :pass:
hi bro and thanks for the tag and as you know I've grown with autopots since 2017 and as i always seem to get some kind of lockout or salt build-up every run i tried changing a few things this round so i bought the airdomes for this run and can say with certainty they didn't make a blind bit of difference to all my other runs also i run coco with clay balls most runs so maybe my next round i may go pure coco for a change see how that works out as by @pop22 s instructions here .anyhow so, in summary, every single run i always need to take at least one pot of the res to top feed to get the girl back in check so top feed for a week and then put her back on the res its a pain in the arse but for most of the weeks it saves me top feeding daily and if I'm honest i was going to stop using them after this run but I'm willing to try 100 per cent coco this next go
Thanks for following along @St. Tom :bighug:
I believe I put too much coarse perlite in the bottoms on my last grow. This time I only used enough to cover the dome, (It's a bitch having to use a butterknife to hold down the air dome with one fat hand, while trying to add perlite with the other). :pass:
Sorry to @Need4Weed don't want to distract your thread.
Thanks to @pop22 I wish I had the soil knowledge that you have. My son, is into "organics" no til...and he has made my head spin explaining it to me and the labor he takes to make it work.
I just don't have the wherewithal do go about it. I hit the wall, and my vape, when he starts talking about his worm farm. Lol.
No distraction at all my friend. :pighug: I realize autopots have a learning curve, but at this point in my life I just want to get through grows with the least amount of effort. Because of the ease of use factor, I'm going to give autopots several tries before I think about giving up. :pass:

Update day 1
So far the seeds planted in the AutoPots have all germinated. GWK and AvT both germed approx 36 hours ago and I cut slits in the plastic wrap and place domes on each, (a small gap was left in each dome to allow some air flow without losing too much humidity). In the wee hours this morning I noticed both CDLC's had germed and I placed slited domes on them a couple hours ago. On a sad note, the Sour Stomper x Fantasmo Express and the 3 Bears OG x Strawberry Nuggets have failed to germinate. I'm still holding out hope, but time will tell. Anyways, I figure I got really lucky to have all 4 AutoPots germ so close together. Here's a couple pics, but you really can't see much. :pass:

IMG_20210414_201459.jpg

IMG_20210414_201502.jpg

Pulling up a chair to watch and learn. I've already learned a ton by page 2 actually.

I'm on my 3rd run on autopots, also running my also favorite CDLC's in autos with MegaCrop, at Day 31. Good luck! I like the idea of covering the soil top at the beginning.

Update day 1
So far the seeds planted in the AutoPots have all germinated. GWK and AvT both germed approx 36 hours ago and I cut slits in the plastic wrap and place domes on each, (a small gap was left in each dome to allow some air flow without losing too much humidity). In the wee hours this morning I noticed both CDLC's had germed and I placed slited domes on them a couple hours ago. On a sad note, the Sour Stomper x Fantasmo Express and the 3 Bears OG x Strawberry Nuggets have failed to germinate. I'm still holding out hope, but time will tell. Anyways, I figure I got really lucky to have all 4 AutoPots germ so close together. Here's a couple pics, but you really can't see much. :pass:

View attachment 1307432
View attachment 1307433
Looking good, off to a good start

Pulling up a chair to watch and learn. I've already learned a ton by page 2 actually.

I'm on my 3rd run on autopots, also running my also favorite CDLC's in autos with MegaCrop, at Day 31. Good luck! I like the idea of covering the soil top at the beginning.
Glad to have you along for the ride @terp182 :d5: I too love CDLC! I can smoke it everyday and I don't have any tolerance issues. Anyways, on my 1st grow with AutoPots I just removed the plastic after germination, but I thought might as well leave it on there for now ,(at least until they out grow the domes). By then I'll be able to move my humidifier into the grow space, (It's helping keep the adjourning room humid where my last plant hangs before trimming). :pass:
Looking good, off to a good start
Thanks for the kind words @derek420colorado :pighug: Proud to have you follow along! :pass:

Update day 4
I placed my humidifier in the grow space and removed the plastic and dome from the girls. So I guess this is their coming out party, (so to speak). On a sad note, the 2 seeds in the cup failed to germinate. I still have plans for some plants outside this season, I'm just not sure what I'll end up planting, (or how many). I got some Fast Buds Gorilla Cookies coming in the mail that they claim is 27% THC that I just might have to try. Anyways here's a couple pics, but I'm not exactly sure which is which. I'm pretty sure the CDLCs are in the front and the AvT and GWK are in the back! I'll do a better job of what's what with individual plant pics on my next update. :pass:

IMG_20210417_214023.jpg

IMG_20210417_214013.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_214002.jpg
    IMG_20210417_214002.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 30
And so it begins. Off to a good start. I'm still trying to figure out what and how I'm going to grow next. Thinking about giving the Wilma another go but not sure what pips.

Update day 4
I placed my humidifier in the grow space and removed the plastic and dome from the girls. So I guess this is their coming out party, (so to speak). On a sad note, the 2 seeds in the cup failed to germinate. I still have plans for some plants outside this season, I'm just not sure what I'll end up planting, (or how many). I got some Fast Buds Gorilla Cookies coming in the mail that they claim is 27% THC that I just might have to try. Anyways here's a couple pics, but I'm not exactly sure which is which. I'm pretty sure the CDLCs are in the front and the AvT and GWK are in the back! I'll do a better job of what's what with individual plant pics on my next update. :pass:

View attachment 1308551

View attachment 1308549
Looking good bro also those FB gorrilla cookies if you run them I hope you have a good carbon filter as they were potent from flower

Back