Photoperiod Autopots, Biotabs, and Photos oh my!

@neurotree, HSO says 60-65 days of flower.

Season changes always bring my some headaches because I live in a building with management controlled ac and heat, they decide when to flip. They cut the AC last Tuesday, :nono: oh happy day. I also left town Thursday night and didn't make it back until Sunday night. To prep I just dumped the last of the RO I had stored into my two reservoirs and rolled out. The GC plants had consumed their tank by the time I got back on Sunday and checked. Oh, I also lowered the wattage in both my flower areas to compensate for the lack of AC.

This is what I came home to
Day 32 F

IMG_9999.jpg

Far left plant is doing alright with no issues. I whipped out the measure so I hopefully remember how everything performed penetration wise.

IMG_0004.jpg

This plant is also has the least amount of yellowing, the middle plant being the worst. I think you can see the difference between...

The middle
IMG_9995.jpg

Right side
IMG_0005.jpg

If I counted right and am on Day 32 I should be coming up to a large week 5 feed based on the biotabs schedule. I may follow directions or I'm considering giving them a 2.5mL feeding on day 35, the same on 40 or the maybe the full 5mL. Eh, we'll see...

Last edited:
The GC got a feeding yesterday. I mixed 2L RO, 5mL orgatrex, 1/2 tsp bactrex + 1/2 mL cal-mag well 10 drops + 1mL mammoth p. I decided to feed because the plant on the right was starting to show some yellowing. The middle leaves got a bit lighter as well.

Yesterday I also noticed that the left plant had one or two brown pistils. That progressed even more overnight.

These photos are from today, Day 34 F

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

The other plants are rolling along and are stretching. Day 9 F

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
My trick or treating was seeing my plants tonight for the first time since I flew out of town on Friday. The only thing I did was fill up the tanks and rolled out :biggrin:.

Black Dog Day 15 F

There's a fair amount of side branching, which was true the last time of this cut. That reminds me, I should do a smoke report on the two phenos from the first run. Tonight they got stripped.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The Green crack are pushing along. I figured I would give them last large dose of fertilizer tonight but I've run into two things... the left tray is dry, the middle is low, and the right side tray is almost full. I don't know whether adjusting the yellow "silicones" will help or whether is the plants rate of uptake. Oh well, I'll throw a little water in the dry tray and just do it tomorrow. Oh, I also don't have much RO on hand.

GC Day 40 F

Side view
5.jpg

Left side
7.jpg

Right side
6.jpg

8.jpg

A couple of trips have my schedule and posting all off, but hey that's life.

The GC got their large biotabs fertilization on Nov. 1 (Day 41 F). I follow the instructions on this one and gave all 3 of them 500mL RO + 20mL orgatrex + a scoop of bactrex. I gave them another watering with tea last night. I made a brew of 2tsp kelp meal, 1 tsp jamaican bat guano, 1 tsp ewc in 1L water, molasses and bactrex added for last 4 hours of the total 36hr. bubble time. I cut that down in water to about 182ppm and gave each plant 20oz.

Took these last night, Day 47 F
From L to R in my tent:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I gave them a small defoliation right after I took these photos. I mainly removed the top fan leaves and larger fans in the middle that I could easily reach. This exposed a lot more of the lower bid sites. I would have gotten more aggressive but I didn't have the time and bending to reach around in a short tent is a PITA :cuss:. But hey no pain no weed. Hopefully wherever I land after this move I hope my space has at least 7-8ft. of overhead space to work with.
Here they are after the trim.

5.jpg
6.jpg

Got a lot of the burnt/deficient leaves off...
I think it may be water from here out, I don't want to do anything that'll extend their finish. But we'll see...

I'm excited about this update because it comes after a trip! This is when I love this grow setup because I filled both my tanks and heavily watered my clones on Thurs. and flew out that night. I got to open things up for the first time yesterday morning and all was well. I'll throw progress shots in a bit.

The clones just grew a few inches. I ordered 4 15L pots from the autopots US site but I now own a 15L extension kit. Happy accident though, I like the two sided tray and it's going to become my new watering system for the veg area. I can put everything from small to large in there. Anyway, I'm waiting on some biotabs stuff so I can get a pair of clones into their final pots. They need it badly and I figure two weeks in their final pots will be good before flip.

View attachment 804270

The Green Crack are vegging well. I placed 3.5 x 3.5 netting on 9/7 to spread them further before my trip. I just finished weaving a moving branches under the net to encourage some more bud sites. I'm going to watch them for a few days and flip soon after I think.

9/7
View attachment 804272
View attachment 804274

9/14
View attachment 804271
View attachment 804275

The Black DOGs were stripped a bit on 9/7 to let some light down to lower sites. I think there that helped things swell up a bit to 9/14. This morning I scoped them and the trichs are about 30% clear 70% cloudy.

9/7
View attachment 804285 View attachment 804288
9/14
View attachment 804286 View attachment 804287
Very aweSome friend, glad y2k have you here, seedsman included two free black dog by hso in my last order and I am psyched to be able to watch you finish up a couple black dogs. I'm subbed up for this one friend.

Appreciate it Max. You shouldn't be disappointed with those Black Dog seeds, well I haven't been. Both the phones I ended up with are great. One is mainly pine/citrus smelling with diesel undertones. The other is a musty diesely smell prevailing with pine/lemon undertones. You get a red fruit and berry type of taste when smoked. The high is smooth sort of stone that you don't notice, but you're pretty locked. I tend to forget things a bit more also. Nice all around heavy but functional indica.

I just grabbed some shots of the two current BDs. At the end of last week they seemed to be recovering slowly after the strip. I'm attributing that to my daytime and nighttime temps being too low. The temp was in the mid 70's with lights on. I'm getting the temps up by closing the door near that box more often. I have to open it to cool things down for the tent which lives across a room and in a closet. Not a new problem though, just something to consider and deal with. Now that my temps are more like 75 night and 80 day things seem to be picking up.

Day 24f
Left plant
2.jpg

Right plant

1.jpg

Finally got around to ordering a tripod and an arm for the usb scope that I've been using. It was definitely easier getting things in focus. I grabbed a couple of trichome shots from each of the three Green Crack.

Day 25f
Left
1_1.jpg
1_2.jpg

Middle
2_1.jpg
2_2.jpg

Right
3_1.jpg

3_2.jpg

Quick update on the Black DOG plants. They're on Day 22 of Flower and not too much is going on. I just fed each plant with 1L of RO + 2.5 mL orgatrex + bactrex as a top feed. I threw 20 more ounces of RO into the bottle and poured 10oz. into each tray. My tank is off because maintenance is coming around today so my tank is squirreled away.

No BD updates but I've got some shots from my green crack tent. During daylight savings time I just leave my timers where they are, but that gives me about 30 minutes before or after work to peek in on those plants.

Day 55 F
I don't like to call victory too early, but I think I can see the finish line on these.

Here the tent overall
4.jpg

3.jpg

Left Plant
7.jpg

Middle
1.jpg

2.jpg

Left & Middle
8.jpg

Right plant
6.jpg

I am amazed at how the lower buds of this plant are plumping up. The leftmost plant is so much darker than the others. Makes me wonder what in its lineage is making it darker with less of that light green bud color.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 121
Back