Photoperiod Autopots, Biotabs, and Photos oh my!

Morning folks. Here are some updates on what I've got cooking.
My black dog clones seem to be feeling the effects of being pot bound. It's my fault though because I waited so long to order more fertilizer.

The green cracks are still vegging and have filled up the net. I think I'm going to shut off the light for 24hr of darkness tomorrow and kick off 12/12 on Friday. I've been lazy and haven't shot these in a while.

The Black DOG's are moving along and they've started to fade and darken. I love it when you actually get fall colors on a plant. Well, that's if everything else isn't horribly messed up. Oh, I switched up their timer and removed 15 minutes on the start and end, so they'll now receive 11.5 hours on.

Scope pics from the 18th. Things were mainly cloudy with a few specs of amber.
BD1
bd10919.jpg
BD2
bd20919.jpg bd20919_2.jpg

BD1 (9/19 day 51 of flower)
IMG_9907 copy.jpg
IMG_9898 copy.jpg

BD2 (9/19 day 51 of flower)
IMG_9910.JPG
IMG_9911.JPG

On the night of the 20th I cleaned up the bottoms of my 3 green cracks and took some clones. I removed the small bud sites and a bunch of fan leaves. I didn't go too crazy because I plan on doing a defoliation at day 14. My plan was to have the tent go dark until today when I'll start a 7-7 schedule but I forgot to turn off the timers. Fortunately they only got about 2 hours of light yesterday before I shut everything off.

Here's what they looked like when I last saw em.
12.jpg 124.jpg 125.jpg

Last night I went ahead and moved two of my clones from 1 gallon to 2 gallon pots. They were starting to look horrible and as I figured there was a cyclone of roots at the bottom of the pot. There was a large patch of roots center pot just starting to choke the plant out. I was waiting on my fertilizer pack and by golly it got here today!!! I'm gonna hit them and the green cracks with boom boom spray tomorrow. This is my first time using this stuff so I'm pretty excited to see how it works out. The black dog clones were damn near neon green on the top nodes so boom boom spray to the rescue.

126.jpg

The green crack clone got a 1gal upgrade.

:coffee2: Washed and ready for my tea! @Biotabs F69 . Thanks!
127.jpg

The Black DOGs in flower are cruising, the leaves are darkening and I'm seeing more pistils turning as well. I've been hand watering for a few days had to move the tank because of building workers :finger:. Anyway, I hit them with some cold water tonight to help bring on some more amber. They could come down on Sunday or heres hoping.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 357
I went all Bio-boOM BOOM on the plants last night. I mixed up a batch of spray using 1.5mL of Boom Boom and .5L RO water. This is some of the damage from sitting in the 1gal. pots for too long I'm trying to overcome. Finally got them into some light to snag a pic. This is right before their spray.

3.jpg 1.jpg

I must admit I've never been big on foliar spraying because things are cramped in my areas. None of the faces of my COBs are protected so here's my solution...
8.jpg
had an easy2grow kit shipping box and some string.

Here are the green cracks after their spray. I think I've got the canopy decently even and haven't tucked anything really. (Day 3 Flower)
5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited:
Just grabbed these scope pics of the Black DOGs in flower after their lights on @ 7:15am. I still need to find a stable way of mounting the camera for better shots.

BD1, not showing as much amber as there other, but most everything is milky

bd1.jpg

BD2, Mainly milky with some amber. I always think it's cool with a plants trichs take on a purple color. I've had it happen on Blackberry Kush when I grew it. A ton of the trich's bottoms are purple

bd2_2.jpg

Attachments

• bd2.jpg
    bd2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 309
Brewed tea (EWC, Kelp) on the 26th and fed it to the Black Dog clones at 160ppm today(9/27), about 15oz per. They are looking better and have about 1/4" new green growth.

I finally caught a photo of the red portion of my light cycle. These are the photo red that are on the bar, there are also 4 far red on the same bar. I keep forgetting to update that light info in my first post.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Here go the green cracks today (9/27 F day 5). They're still looking good with no ill effects from the boom boom. So they'll be getting a second spray soon. I guess they're growing about an inch a day the past 4 days. The tops are about 12-14" from the lights. I'm guesstimating that it's turned up to about 80W of 3500K and about 35W of 4000K.
3.jpg 4.jpg

I had to move the lights up yesterday on the green cracks because they stretched up to about 10" under the panel. The center plant looks like it suffered some leaf burn after a few days. Wish I had a par meter to check the intensity. Also foliar sprayed them with boom boom on 9/30.

I scoped the BDs yesterday and finally decided it's time for lights out after 64 days. Now for two days without a typical light cycle and I'll crack the box open on Thursday if I'm patient enough. :biggrin: I think they were somewhere about 5-10% amber. I'm pretty sure I've mixed up the photos between the two plants but i'll try to throw them up later.

My green crack ladies are moving along pretty well. I took them off the tank on the 1st and I hand bottom fed them on the 3rd with 15oz of Cal-mag + RO (75ppm). Took a few photos and fed them a tea last night. The tea was bubbled with humus, ewc, aloe gel, high p guano, and a little molasses.

Things are getting really bushy and crowded in there, but today is day 14 of flower and they're about to get stripped down.
IMG_9936.jpg IMG_9940.jpg

I'm impressed with the amount of bud sites on these plants. Oh, you can see the fan leaves that were a bit burnt.

The Black DOG sat in the dark for two days until 10/5 when I chopped em down. I also have to start shooting on a tripod for better focus in my low light conditions.
These few were taken right before they were taken down.
BD2
1.jpg 2.jpg
BD1
3.jpg

Both plants did pretty well IMO. Wish I would have kept their height down, but the structure and color looks nice on both plants. 1 obviously got darker, but 2 did darken some. I would say they both have a sort of fruity musk. Can't wait unit after some curing!

My green cracks got worked on that same night. I defoliated most of the fan leaves avoiding the top pair.

5.jpg

I bugged out a tiny bit after pulling all that leaf :doh:, but stepped back and saw all the side branching. :drool: These genetics seem to be doing alright so far.

5.jpg and the pile 4.jpg

I ran out of Barley cubes so I sprouted some seeds that I made into cubes last night.
6.jpg 7.jpg

Last edited:
Holy haircut, looking forward to seeing em fill in -nice work :cheers:

Back