Indoor Auto topping thread

That ultimate is long gone gave me 6 oz dry;)

Nice! I have thought about doing a run of them for sure cause they do get huge I am just worried about the quality of the smoke. I am tryin not to grow anything below 20% THC if I can help it

Her smoke is lovely mate smells and tastes abit like pepper;) and a very heavy hit.ul enjoy for sure;)

Her smoke is lovely mate smells and tastes abit like pepper;) and a very heavy hit.ul enjoy for sure;)

Yeah and I have been a huge fan of DP for over a decade, the thing I like that mephisto does that DP doesn't is use "unkown ruderalis" as the main cross. The use established potent autos to cross with photos. I will most likely do some AU's in the future I am just on this mephisto kick ATM

So here is my issue, while topping an auto will work and you will get more main colas I don't think it will produce as much bud as LSTing one, now this is just my opinion and at this moment I do not have any empirical data to support this, it is just what I feel like I have seen in very distant observation. The reason I say that is while a 7 oz yield is WONDERFUL, around here that is a medium to medium high yield. I mean @TaNg grows 200+ gram plants literally almost every time regardless of strain and he doesn't do anything as far as training if he does it is always LST or tying the buds up. Now I know you grow in soil but here is what most believe to be the largest auto ever grown, it is MR. GanjaMoto's 1000 gram AutoUltimate View attachment 594976

Also there are several here that have grown 1 lb plants, I am tryin to think who it was that just posted more than a lb automazar grown in dirt but I cant remember who it was right this sec. I know @Fairlynew had a more than a pound Royal Seeds Northern lights that was huge!.

See the big difference here vs any other site is that we ALL grow autos, so it is kinda like going from playing college sports to the pros. In college most people are good and some are great, in the pros everyone is great. You definitely have superior growing skills, I just don't know if I can really ever be convinced that a topped auto will produce more than say an LST or SCROG grown plant. Now this is just my opinion and you grow some super bad ass buds and I am not sayin that what you are doing is wrong in ANY way. Just discussing my views on the topic, happy growing and I am sending super grow karma your way friend
Sup bros,i see there is still talk and comparisons over here,,let me just add a few things,,first of all what most people( if not all) on here call a scrog,
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
this is nothing more than canopy management and would qualify as LST
image.jpeg
now,a true scrog has to be topped,i dont make the rules thats just the way it it...now this last pic shows a properly done topped scrog vs canopy management thru a screen..derek yaz know i didnt weigh the bigger plant cause it went to live extracts
image.jpeg

Sup bros,i see there is still talk and comparisons over here,,let me just add a few things,,first of all what most people( if not all) on here call a scrog,View attachment 610451View attachment 610449this is nothing more than canopy management and would qualify as LST View attachment 610448now,a true scrog has to be topped,i dont make the rules thats just the way it it...now this last pic shows a properly done topped scrog vs canopy management thru a screen..derek yaz know i didnt weigh the bigger plant cause it went to live extractsView attachment 610450

That is a heck of a good comparison, but here is the biggest thing that people forget with autos. Phenotypical Variance, and I am not takin a shot at you here by any means I am just making a statement that can kinda sound dickish. Who is to say that the variation in those two plants was not just due to genes? We all know that the same beans don't mean the same traits. One could have been predestined to be bigger you know what I mean. That is why getting any kind of testing with autos is always going to be very difficult. So what has to be done to get the best and most accurate results is to grow out lots of the same beans and get the average and use that as your baseline control vs 1 single other plant that can be influenced by genetic variables that are not able to be controlled in the test.

So with autos most people don't want to grow out 20 or 30 plants, just to see if somethin works vs somethin else. I am not most people, I have decided that I am going to go medical so I can grow up to 99 plants for this reason, so that I can test shit out on autos lol.

Those are some bad ass bushes though, you know my friend I don't think I have told you this, but it is your plants that make me wanna scrog them fuggers up!!!!!!!!!

Ya i got ya,not taken wrong and yes that could be a possiblility or played a roll if thats how ya wanna put it,i was backtracking for some pocs of a fim vs natural and the natural plant yielded 234 grams the fimmed plant has 193,i went extreme on the fim,1 fim then 12 days later another 13 fims...my tests/experiments were not controlled so to speak and were done at random times..if anybody has "proven" timelines with pics/data,im all ears,im not above learning,im just sharing my results...

Derek u have some valids points.but i.have never said that u can yield more topping an auto.but in my opinion it does not affect an autos growth at all or shock it if done at the correct time;) which i will prove to u all.my lights a basic led,s mate recently switched from hps. maybe if i had bas ass lights and i grew 1 plant at a time i could hit them targets for sure ;) and topping will not affect the height of an auto its strain dependant.only training and lst will keep them low and for an even canopy.but topping also sets u up with a great training structure.i choose to top autos for more dominant colas and the structure it gives me to work with;) next run il top 1 plant and lst it and leave the other plant and just lst.id do same strain .then that may answer which will yield more;) but i defo dont feel out of debth its a cool.place;) i will prove people wrong;) for sure;) my aim here is to show that u can do whateva u want to autos and will not effect overall yield if done correctly;) and to grow huge monster autos.;)
Im in autobeast when does the cutting begin !!! Derek,speaking of predetermined size or yield of a plant,heres a comparison..a natural/untopped plant can yield 1lb( and im just using it as a number) on three branches or that same plant can yield 1lb on ten branches,i would take the ten branch plant just because it more than likely has been trained to take advantage of the light and will have less larf/popcorn that is trash anyway, yes there are always gonna be variables and all my tests were based off coco as media,Lucas formula feeding and 600 watts of light,a pretty generic setup,so yes,this more than likely plays a big part of why i had the results i did..this is just me but the last kinda plant id ever wanna grow is a left alone chrismas tree,its boring,yield be damn,now i gotta go break a few necks on my plants just thinking about it !!!!!

Im in autobeast when does the cutting begin !!! Derek,speaking of predetermined size or yield of a plant,heres a comparison..a plant can yield 1lb( and im just using it as a number) on three branches or that same plant can yield 1lb on ten branches,i would take the ten branch plant just because it more than likely has been trained to take advantage of the light and will have less larf/popcorn that is trash anyway, yes there are alyas gonna be variables and all my tests were based off coco as media,licas formula feeding and 600 watts of light,a pretty generic setup,so yes,this more than likely plays a big part of why i had the results i did..this is just me but the last kinda plant id ever wanna grow is a left alone chrismas tree,its boring,yield be damn,now i gotta go break a few necks on my plants just thinking about it !!!!!

That is the conventional wisdom yes, with photoperiod plants that logic is totally applicable a plant can yield the same with 3 branches or 10 reason being is because their lifespan is not predetermined as with autos. Just think about it like this, when you top or fim an auto how many days is it till you see new growth coming out, like 3 maybe 4 sometimes longer. That is because the plant is recovering from the stress before putting energy back into growing parts again. So you loose those days with an auto and you cannot get them back no matter what you do, because she is going to flower when she wants. You don't have the flexibility to gain those days back by vegging the plant for those extra days. So with that same plant that you top or fim, if you didn't just try to imagine how much it would grow in those 3 or 4 days. Also when that plant starts growing those tops have you ever noticed that it takes a few days for the growth to get going real good like it was before the topping? That is because the residual effects of stress on the plant are still inhibiting growth.

Also I honestly believe that my setup is going to be the first that I know of that has anything close to actual scientific comparisons when it comes to autos. There may be others out there like the dudes at @mephisto but even then they are more focused on breeding n stuff

Back