Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Thanks man, I'll re-read carefully about the strains I'm growing.
So you say to avoid topping any that are generally known to grow just one main cola?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes. Just my .02

New to the group and new to growing auto's. I read only about the fist 20 pages of this thread and I already learned a lot. I have done training on photos for over a decade and because of this thread I bought some autos. First thing I realized, is that auto seeds are outrageous to me for singles ($9+ usd). So for my first go round Im going to do some breeding for seeds. So with that being said anyone that can share so tips would be appreciated. I still don't understand how to truly feed them. I'm in coco coir with perlite added. I use Canna Coco full line. My babe's are about 10-11 days old in 5 gal. smart pots. I plan to use 1 female from each to breed for seeds. I'm currently running
*Sour 60 (my only non fem & only chance for a male)
*Chem's Sister (Chemdog based strain)
*Blueberry Haze (most know it a blue dream)
*Headbanger (sour d/kush based strain).
I also have 3-5 other Auto's on the way.

I'm going to freeze pollen also for future breeding. I'm a member on RIU and a guy just had a successfully pollenated with 4 year old frozen pollen.

So did the "HEADBANGER" Finish???
How tall did it get???
What does it SMELL LIKE???
ANY Pictures???

So are those all *Headbanger (sour d/kush based strain)"?????
Have they FINISHED????

No mate they were northern lights blue auto and grizzly purple autos they were took a few week ago both amazing smoke nlb auto 28” and grizzly purple auto 19 and 22” blueberry n skunky and citrus in both strains I only keep pics a little while on fone mate sorry brutha both were a breeze to grow they were in soil using bio bizz nutrients man [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@autobeast, awesome work man. I'm reading my way through this mammoth thread.
I have a question if you don't mind.
Do you have an opinion on what would benefit from topping more: Indica or Sativa?
I know it can be strain and genetic dependant but I'm just trying to get my head round whether a short and bushy indica or a typical single cola sativa plant would benefit more from topping over the other.

Cheers
Swan

yo dude good question. both indica and sativa take topping well. oviously a sativa will take longer so there good for topping then lst. if u got a fast indica . top and let grow for a short plant with big fat colas;) happy growing every1;)

yo dude good question. both indica and sativa take topping well. oviously a sativa will take longer so there good for topping then lst. if u got a fast indica . top and let grow for a short plant with big fat colas;) happy growing every1;)
Thanks, I topped my Stiches Love Potion outdoor auto 2 weeks ago and so far she's loving it.
Here was the topping.

Cheers
Swan
b8d2b30f2b310c71a5f3dc181eab6749.jpg

No mate they were northern lights blue auto and grizzly purple autos they were took a few week ago both amazing smoke nlb auto 28” and grizzly purple auto 19 and 22” blueberry n skunky and citrus in both strains I only keep pics a little while on fone mate sorry brutha both were a breeze to grow they were in soil using bio bizz nutrients man [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sounds SWEET ... I have 2 "HEADBANGER AUTO FEM's" going & they are BOTH Little RUNTS ... Wondering if they'll take off soon???

Afghan skunk auto. I’m at day 30. Still no signs of flower. Pretty sure it’s to late to top. Thinking about tying branches down. Let me know what you guys think!
f3254d885a35d98daf27f74acc863c9e.heic
0ea15bfe963cbd305c06b192f88ab691.heic
b8cdc479891ad8fa726f13d6d69344e2.heic

Back