Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

In support of not removing lowers
This is the 4 branches that represent the lowest 2 nodes on the branches nodes 1&2 from my most recent grow
View attachment 1473818
It's just dependent on the plant. Defiantly keep the lowers if they are not too close to the media.
I get that from gardening outside to help prevent soil born problems.

yeah I topped at the 3rd, and the lower stem on 1 side shot up through the middle, so i left her on, took otherside branch off as it was tiny, but after topping did some LST, and she has filled out, so i would keep lowers if big enough
20220623_181742.jpg
20220611_162221.jpg

I've been using wire hoops to spread the colas to get a flat top after topping. Here's Gnome Moth Man I just spread with a 9" hoop on day 35 (topped on day 22). I used to tie down individual branches, but it's too much work, and my plants started getting too tall to get a good angle from the rim of a 3-gallon pot:
MM1_day35_hooped.jpg

I have a few questions here.. Can someone help me out on understanding how to count the colas after topping? I feel like this is probably a stupid question as i think i know the answer just want to be sure.. I topped at 6th node on 4 week old afghan auto and also LST done as well. Also should i be defoliating the center of the plant a little more or leave it?
EDIT - Guess i should add this is my first time topping, and second grow. So help is greatly appreciated. Lol
20220628_122801_Signature.jpg

Last edited:
Back